IGNORED

1997/98 Promotion Side, Where Are They Now?

darling

Just out of interest, what happened to the promotion side of 1998?

I know Edwards is at Preston, Goater at Reading, Cramb and Torpey at Shrewsbury and S****horpe respectively, Hewlett at Swindon and we all know where the great Tommy D, Scott M, Tinman, Carey and Bell still are.

The three I'm unsure about are Adam Locke (last at Hornchurch with Jones I believe), Greg Goodridge (got a feeling he went home to Barbados) and Keith Welch (has he hung up the gloves?) Does anyone know? Speaking of Locke, I'll never forget that goal at Fratton Park v Pompey the following season, I really thought that was going to lead to the great escape! Remember?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

An easter monday right infront the away end his goal. Constant drizzle.

Interesting that they had a banner at half time saying "Save Pompey". Look where they are now compared to us :@ :@

Guest Pinamonte
Just out of interest, what happened to the promotion side of 1998?

I know Edwards is at Preston, Goater at Reading, Cramb and Torpey at Shrewsbury and S****horpe respectively, Hewlett at Swindon and we all know where the great Tommy D, Scott M, Tinman, Carey and Bell still are.

The three I'm unsure about are Adam Locke (last at Hornchurch with Jones I believe), Greg Goodridge (got a feeling he went home to Barbados) and Keith Welch (has he hung up the gloves?) Does anyone know? Speaking of Locke, I'll never forget that goal at Fratton Park v Pompey the following season, I really thought that was going to lead to the great escape! Remember?

Interesting but you don't mention Shaun Taylor and Gary Owers. Gary now plays for Forest Green Rovers and Taylor is the reserve team manager at Bristol City.

Interesting but you don't mention Shaun Taylor and Gary Owers. Gary now plays for Forest Green Rovers and Taylor is the reserve team manager at Bristol City.
Gary Owers is in fact the manager at Bath City.

Guest Pinamonte

Is he really? I just thought he was still at Forest Green because I watched us playing them pre season and he was playing. That was nearly a year ago though.

Yeah he is, and he got them relegated!!!

No he hasn't.

I think they were close to bottom when he took them over - they ended up 7th from bottom and lost out in the conference 2 playoffs. He signed ex city striker Scott Partridge who scored something like 11 goals in 7 games (including 2 hatricks) at the tail end of the season.

No he hasn't.

I think they were close to bottom when he took them over - they ended up 7th from bottom and lost out in the conference 2 playoffs. He signed ex city striker Scott Partridge who scored something like 11 goals in 7 games (including 2 hatricks) at the tail end of the season.

I knew Partridge scored a load of goals at the end of the season,

but i thought they had been relegated. oops :rolleyes:

An easter monday right infront the away end his goal. Constant drizzle.

Interesting that they had a banner at half time saying "Save Pompey". Look where they are now compared to us :@ :@

That's a good point Willsbridge. I remember their half-time draw was for something like £250, when at the same time City were giving away £10,000 on the odd occasion. A few City fans jeered this and then people were getting £20 notes out and singing "We've got loads of money!"

How ironic that now is :rolleyes:

Guest Brisbane Red

Adam Locke is playing in Australia these days and doing the odd guest commentary on Fox Sports.

A couple of years ago Trevor Morgan and Steve Galliers were in Perth playing & coaching, don't know if they're still there though.

Archived