IGNORED

Dave Martin

Ashton Great

According to today's Mirror he's off to Derby for £150k. Seems cheap to me and he's been mentioned favourably on here several times, although I can't say I know too much about him.

I realise we've signed JCR but I believe he (JCR) can operate on either flank although he is predominantly right footed, plus given Sproule's inconsistency another club in the bag might be useful and not too much of a punt if the reported fee is correct.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Millwall-ace-set-for-150-000-Derby-switch-article295021.html

According to today's Mirror he's off to Derby for £150k. Seems cheap to me and he's been mentioned favourably on here several times, although I can't say I know too much about him.

I realise we've signed JCR but I believe he (JCR) can operate on either flank although he is predominantly right footed, plus given Sproule's inconsistency another club in the bag might be useful and not too much of a punt if the reported fee is correct.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle295021.html

Get Dave Martin down here please. Unless hes out of contract soon 150 grand seems strange. I heard that Millwall were looking for a million for him last summer.

Very classy left foot, just what we could do with.

• Admin

He's your typical winger, can beat a man and put in a decent cross. Then again on another day he won't beat a man and every cross will go sailing behind the goal.

Can take a decent penalty as well.

A decent signing for £150k, although 50% of that goes to Palace so we only win in getting rid of a player who hasn't looked interested this year.

Not in our first team at the moment either due to his attitude and generally Schofield being an alround better player.

Who is Dave Martin - never heard of him!

Only one I know is the one signed by the awful Russell Osman (I think)

Played ....No I lie!..................... Ran around in midfield contributing and acheiving absolutely nothing.

Let's hope it's not him, because I reckon if it is, he'll be about 48!!!

Quality player imo, mentioned him a few times on here. In all honesty thou he would have been a bigger gamble then JCR in the sense that he has no experience above league 1 level so in reality i think JCR was the better option.

Cardiff were sniffing around him in the summer and were told 1 mill was the asking price. Not a chance that he will go for 150 k.

Archived