IGNORED

Academy Waste Of Money

City1970

Disagree with opinion. Given a run a games I'm sure he would settle down and become a great option for the club. Don't think the reason Ribs doesn't ever play is about what he has. It is more to do with the quality and experience of the holder of the RB jersey.

Orr is so well established at this position at the club thre is no question of there being any competition by Ribs. Brad has earned GJ's total confidence and will always be picked when available. For now Ribs is far better playing 1st team football elsewhere learning his trade and trying to gain GJ's confidence. Only time will show us whether the current situation will change or whether he will be forced to look for opportunities away frim City to progress his career.

I couldnt agree more from what ive seen of Ribs he certainly wouldnt be torn to shreds in the Championship, he certainly wasnt at U21 level by Theo Walcott and my Manchunian brother tells me he was very good against Leeds Utd.

To go to a "foreign" club, settle in and immediately win man of the match plaudits from some of the local press reporters indicates not only a certain level of ability but also great self belief.

GJ sending ribs to Colchester could perhaps be the best thing he has done for him, should they clinch promotion and the lad does well he will have a big dilema on his hands.

As for Borr, I still think Ribs has the potential to be a better right back, with his pace and attacking ability, which was "evident in abundance" yesterday at Gillingham. He also is a bit more intelligent than Bradley. As you say Borr as made the shirt his own through hardwork and has got GJ's confidence, but he is very predictable in his play and a good winger with a bit of pace will always find him out.

I couldnt agree more from what ive seen of Ribs he certainly wouldnt be torn to shreds in the Championship, he certainly wasnt at U21 level by Theo Walcott and my Manchunian brother tells me he was very good against Leeds Utd.

To go to a "foreign" club, settle in and immediately win man of the match plaudits from some of the local press reporters indicates not only a certain level of ability but also great self belief.

GJ sending ribs to Colchester could perhaps be the best thing he has done for him, should they clinch promotion and the lad does well he will have a big dilema on his hands.

As for Borr, I still think Ribs has the potential to be a better right back, with his pace and attacking ability, which was "evident in abundance" yesterday at Gillingham. He also is a bit more intelligent than Bradley. As you say Borr as made the shirt his own through hardwork and has got GJ's confidence, but he is very predictable in his play and a good winger with a bit of pace will always find him out.

I'm not anti-Bradley Orr whatsoever but I do think that handing any player a guaranteed starting spot does that player no favours whatsoever. Unfortunately Orr is not having a great time at the moment (doesn't make him a bad player by any stretch) and would benefit immensely in my view if he had to "up his game" in order to retain his shirt.

How do you know if there not good enough unless you give them a chance as we all know Johnson had this chance at the end of last seaon and he still woudn't do it. It will be interesting if the same situation arises this season to see what he does.

Pretty sure GJ has a very good idea of their ability, H's their manager, he sees them in training, in reserves, out on loan and speaks with the coaches about their progress. Are fans still sure they are better placed than GJ about team selection?...please.

Throwing them into the first 11 with tell us nothing we don't know and cost us points. Ribs is close to the first team, but why take an unnecessary gamble?

Not all players are at their best at 20, he has much to learn still, a bad game in the starting 11 could knock his confidence. Wilson has never recovered from last season when he let in 2 goals in 2 mins away at Ipswich.

Archived