IGNORED

New Signings, More Options, New Formations

Dynamite Red

With the signing of Aygemang and JCR we have several new options that could offer us a different style of play.

I thought we were excellent against Preston and I hope that Johnson continues with an attacking team playing wingers at home, something like this.

..................Gerken

Orr.....Carey....Fontaine...McCallister

Sproule...Hartley...Skuse...J C-Ryce

.........Haynes...Maynard

I think our attacking four will put the fear of god into alot of teams at Ashton Gate plus also offer the much craved excitement the fans want.

I would be a little hesitant playing that team away as I do feel we might get exposed a little with 2 wingers but with the squad we have maybe we could field something like this.

....................Gerken

Orr.....Carey....Fontaine...McCallister

...........Sno...Hartley...Skuse

Haynes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .J C-Ryce

..................Maynard

Sno giving us that extra man in midfield when defending, Haynes and JCR given the license to bomb forward and support Maynard when attacking. Interesting times. :)

I think your second team looks good but I'd expect to see Sno pushed further forward. This formation with a flat back 4, solid central midfield duo, 3 attacking "midfielders" and a lone striker seems to have been adopted by a number of top teams over the past couple of seasons with a fair degree of success.

If it worked we could hope to see (for example) Haynes, Maynard, Sno and Campbell-Ryce all operating in reasonably free roles, creating plenty of opportunities with their passing and movement. Other players such as Sproule, Williams, Saborio, Clarkson could all be used interchangably with the attacking midfielders, whilst Agyemang or Akinde could provide a more physical presence in the striking role.

If it doesn't work we'll see the disorganised long-ball mess we've seen enough times before.

Archived