IGNORED

A Detailed Assessment Of That Shambles

Olé

It was utterly humiliating, it was so calamitous it became farcical in the second half in a manner more consistent with us being a plucky non-league team playing hopelessly against Premier League opposition, not at home to local rivals with two games experience playing them.

Worst of all the first 15 minutes were as good as anything this season, but then our "defence" (I use the world loosely) hadn't been called on yet and when they did, they were spectacularly bad. A series of long balls we couldn't defend not to mention tracking the runners.

Our full backs have been useless all season and today they missed every diagonal run and break going. And by the time the ball got into the middle from the breaking player, Carey (totally out of his depth) and Fontaine seemed incapable of doing anything to cut out danger.

The first goal was ANOTHER Gerkin gift to Cardiff and he and the team fell apart from there. I reckon the second was an Orr own goal, it was going wide until he went flying in. Two soft own goals, so Cardiff got 4 1st half goals with only 2 shots on target. Must be a record.

Booing appeared on the third and what a load of rubbish didn't appear until the 4th, don't think you can argue with either, it was already an exercise in patience watching us concede from every attack. To concede again straight from the re-start took this from embarrassment to a sick joke.

I don't want to describe the rest as it deteriorated to farce, they got a sixth, by which time any remaining free programmes were raining onto the pitch and Marvin Elliott was trying to throw them back while most of his teammates disappeared from view (if they hadn't already).

We couldn't even score one goal for love or money, Maynard hit the post from 30 yards for the second time in the game but to be frank by then most people were waiting for Cardiff's seventh. They had chances too, it was that comical and one sided, it was utter chaos at times.

Campbell-Rice was about the only player who could take any credit from the game, he caused them bags of problems and bothered to run back chasing the Cardiff onslaught whilst all around him were AWOL. Skuse at least tries and has more heart than anyone in the side.

Gerkin is turning out to be hopeless and totally out of his depth - he looked shaky, unsure and bereft of confidence - whilst much more of this from Carey and we can call him past it, and don't even get me started on McAllister, we need quality at full back, and fast.

Agyemang is a disaster waiting to happen, no better than a single striker that has gone before him, and to pack Akinde off again for this, is laughable, but then everything today was. I'm a GJ supporter but you don't lose 6-0 at home in this manner and with these changes without having to answer questions about your suitability for ongoing employment.

One question - how could we lose 6-0 at home to arch rivals and not so much as get a booking. Did anyone fancy getting stuck in?

It was utterly humiliating, it was so calamitous it became farcical in the second half in a manner more consistent with us being a plucky non-league team playing hopelessly against Premier League opposition, not at home to local rivals with two games experience playing them.

Worst of all the first 15 minutes were as good as anything this season, but then our "defence" (I use the world loosely) hadn't been called on yet and when they did, they were spectacularly bad. A series of long balls we couldn't defend not to mention tracking the runners.

Our full backs have been useless all season and today they missed every diagonal run and break going. And by the time the ball got into the middle from the breaking player, Carey (totally out of his depth) and Fontaine seemed incapable of doing anything to cut out danger.

The first goal was ANOTHER Gerkin gift to Cardiff and he and the team fell apart from there. I reckon the second was an Orr own goal, it was going wide until he went flying in. Two soft own goals, so Cardiff got 4 1st half goals with only 2 shots on target. Must be a record.

Booing appeared on the third and what a load of rubbish didn't appear until the 4th, don't think you can argue with either, it was already an exercise in patience watching us concede from every attack. To concede again straight from the re-start took this from embarrassment to a sick joke.

I don't want to describe the rest as it deteriorated to farce, they got a sixth, by which time any remaining free programmes were raining onto the pitch and Marvin Elliott was trying to throw them back while most of his teammates disappeared from view (if they hadn't already).

We couldn't even score one goal for love or money, Maynard hit the post from 30 yards for the second time in the game but to be frank by then most people were waiting for Cardiff's seventh. They had chances too, it was that comical and one sided, it was utter chaos at times.

Campbell-Rice was about the only player who could take any credit from the game, he caused them bags of problems and bothered to run back chasing the Cardiff onslaught whilst all around him were AWOL. Skuse at least tries and has more heart than anyone in the side.

Gerkin is turning out to be hopeless and totally out of his depth - he looked shaky, unsure and bereft of confidence - whilst much more of this from Carey and we can call him past it, and don't even get me started on McAllister, we need quality at full back, and fast.

Agyemang is a disaster waiting to happen, no better than a single striker that has gone before him, and to pack Akinde off again for this, is laughable, but then everything today was. I'm a GJ supporter but you don't lose 6-0 at home in this manner and with these changes without having to answer questions about your suitability for ongoing employment.

One question - how could we lose 6-0 at home to arch rivals and not so much as get a booking. Did anyone fancy getting stuck in?

Brilliant summary. Just one point, Nyatanga did get booked near the end, for taking out the blonde tart who came on as their third sub.

Nyatanga got booked in the 90th minute.

But dont want to take away from your point the lack of yellow cards does show something, i would probably get myself booked if we were 6-0 up against cardiff just to hurt some scummy welsh ****

Actually, Cardiff have just one Welsh player in their squad - City have more.

seriousally when that **** Chopra decided to celebrate right at the city fans i am disapointed one of our players didnt go out to then hurt that **** for what he did to us as fans

Oh yes, that would be a very mature response. Lose 6 - 0 AND get sent off for purposedly hurting another player. Very good.

What did Chopra do? Celebrating after being abused in 3 previous games! Wowee.

A fair write up.

For me, the difference this year is Carey. He seems to have lost all semblance of the quality defender that he once was. I don't recall him winning a header in the last two games. This might be because he has no belief in his defending colleagues??

Orr was poor. How does he pass the ball across the box straight to a Cardiff player. This is U-8 Basics.

Fontaine didn't play too badly but still got muscled out of challenges.

And McAllister. Oh dear, oh dear. How does a professional player end up with one foot?

How did we manage to let them take a short corner and then watch them stroll into the box (and score). This is U-8 Basics.

Hartley was poor (again). He seems to be struggling with fitness (again). Hollywood passes don't pay the bills.

Only Skuse and JCR can take any credit (and not much at that) from this game.

Maynard was grim. His first touch is getting worse. All confidence has been sucked out of him.

Haynes didn't play.

And what of Agyemang. Grim, grim, grim. Akinde looks twice the player he is.

seriousally when that **** Chopra decided to celebrate right at the city fans i am disapointed one of our players didnt go out to then hurt that **** for what he did to us as fans

The naughty man decided to celebrate his goal? Big deal! I wouldve done the same with the stick I was getting. Did make me laugh the stick McCormack was getting when we were 6-0 down - bet that really hurt him at the time. Not.

In response to the original post - good summary. It was the way the team just seemed to let the 6 goals happen that worries me. The fight and spirit seems to have gone.

I don't care if they've lost confidence in the manager, you have to be working harder than that for the wages theyre all on. It's an insult to society and people who work hard every day to earn a basic living.

Archived