IGNORED

Before The Moaners Moan

Eastend Fan

Hello all,

Just before all the moaners moan know I want to find something out (This isn't to say you can't moan after last night's performance, I certainly will be having a little grumble) but what went wrong ?

I really can't put my head to this, what did we do wrong to make us get punished like this ! We played with 2 wingers and a 4-4-2 formation which was what everyone wanted, and got torn apart for it. Maybe that's why we took such a heavy beating ? Having 2 wingers left us way to open in defence ? almost everyone of their goals was a 1 on 1 !! Back to the old tactics do you think ?

Just want to know where it all went wrong because I really don't know.

Also anyone else think the player who played best for us (still not amazing) was new signing JCR ?? Seemed the only one charging at their defence ?

Oh and also, I was most disapointed with people in the east end singing along with Cardiff "you'll be fired by the morning" to Johnson !! That is not the answer

Still though most disappointed about that result, and it had to be to flipping Cardiff as well !!

Hello all,

Just before all the moaners moan know I want to find something out (This isn't to say you can't moan after last night's performance, I certainly will be having a little grumble) but what went wrong ?

I really can't put my head to this, what did we do wrong to make us get punished like this ! We played with 2 wingers and a 4-4-2 formation which was what everyone wanted, and got torn apart for it. Maybe that's why we took such a heavy beating ? Having 2 wingers left us way to open in defence ? almost everyone of their goals was a 1 on 1 !! Back to the old tactics do you think ?

Also anyone else think the player who played best for us (still not amazing) was new signing JCR ?? Seemed the only one charging at their defence ?

Oh and also, I was most disapointed with people in the east end singing along with Cardiff "you'll be fired by the morning" to Johnson !! That is not the answer

Still though most disappointed about that result, and it had to be to flipping Cardiff as well !!

Nothing whatsoever to do with 4-4-2 and everything to do with defending too high up the pitch against a forward line who were too quick for our back four. All Cardiff did was hit the ball over the top and it caused mayhem at the back. To use last night as a reason never to play 4-4-2 again would be totally wrong.

Nothing whatsoever to do with 4-4-2 and everything to do with defending too high up the pitch against a forward line who were too quick for our back four. All Cardiff did was hit the ball over the top and it caused mayhem at the back. To use last night as a reason never to play 4-4-2 again would be totally wrong.

Interesting Greebo. Just a thought .. might the fact we had a faster front line have something to do with why, clearly wrongly, the back four went forward with them too much? A tactical error in other words which suggests to me that Carey should shoulder a lot of the blame for not controlling the situation. Perhaps might be the time to give Hartley the arm band.

Oh come on. At 0-6 down most of the singing was heavily laced with a shot of irony. And it was but a few people, not everyone.

I wouldn't worry about it, even if on reflection it was a bit harsh.

Hello all,

Good question.

JCR looks very promising indeed - just what we needed - the first 20 mintues it was a pleasure to see crosses coming in from the left - his work rate is excellent. Good signing.

Actually I thougth Haynes was doing alright and was surprised he was taken off - worked hard and won the ball.

The new striker on the other hand looks unnecessary - we've got strikers queuing up to play and he seemed to give up very early - can hardly blame him - what a debut! but it's the back four that need strengthening and we should make do with the 50 or s other strikers GJ has signed.

Oh - and could we have Basso back in the team please, Sir?

Interesting Greebo. Just a thought .. might the fact we had a faster front line have something to do with why, clearly wrongly, the back four went forward with them too much? A tactical error in other words which suggests to me that Carey should shoulder a lot of the blame for not controlling the situation. Perhaps might be the time to give Hartley the arm band.

You might be right there but you would also like to think that Johnson or Millen would have changed the situation as well. Hindsight, obviously, but had we defended deeper and made the pitch bigger in effect the game would have been a lot more open but we would have cut off Cardiff's main tactic and may have had some sort of chance of getting a result (albeit a 4-3, 3-3 or similar!!).

But surely with a rapid front line we should be doing the exact opposite? We should be sitting back with a more compact shape and running into the space behind THEIR defence. Johnson and Carey need to take the blame because after it happened the first time they should have been told to hold a deeper line. I just think that nobody knows what they're doing at the minute, including the management

Archived