IGNORED

Depressing Night All Round.....

KnowleUtd City

Aside from our back four getting torn apart by Chopra Bothroyd & co, What the hell has happened in the east end lately, When it first opened the end used to get behind the team with loads of different pro City songs, Now it seems like it's stooped to a level where a few nob ed's sing famer from england, and bounce around the ground over and over and over again (yawn) The bloke on the megaphone was nothing short of a embarrassment, I can't believe no one confronted him, took it off him, and stuck it over his head. utter joke. A totally depressing evening!

Aside from our back four getting torn apart by Chopra Bothroyd & co, What the hell has happened in the east end lately, When it first opened the end used to get behind the team with loads of different pro City songs, Now it seems like it's stooped to a level where a few nob ed's sing famer from england, and bounce around the ground over and over and over again (yawn) The bloke on the megaphone was nothing short of a embarrassment, I can't believe no one confronted him, took it off him, and stuck it over his head. utter joke. A totally depressing evening!

me and my mate were singing stuff like "your not funny anymore"

he was truly embarrassing.... 4 nil down and constantly making sheep noises... he did'nt stop until loads of people were telling him to shut up...

4 nil down and making sheep noises?? the jokes on us mate...

and singing 10 sheep shaggers in the field? 5 minutes after we just sang it..... for 10 minutes??

The megaphone has got to go, last night the atmosphere was excellent, ten sheepshaggers song was excellent. Then mr megaphones comes in late, trys to start singing it, but if he had turned up at the start of the game he would had seen it had already been sung and very well at that. Instead of taking the hint of people not joining in, people singing other songs, people even singing "Your not funny anymore" and boo's he still carried on.

It is making the atmopshere terrible, i was up for the idea, i had visions of it being used like in europe. Someone else down the front at half time said to me "He needs to shut up, he likes the sound of his own voice too much".

It is a complete joke, and is not helping things at all.

You would be hard pressed to find a single person who wants it in there still, i thought it was good and was aruging with people who didnt like it. But after last night and the last few games they are right, its got to go.

Yep. Get him off.

I think Dave Jones is a quality bloke. In trying to start up the songs about him that they did, the megaphone should have been confiscated straight away.

PLEASE, nobody ask which songs, we all know. This thread will just degenerate otherwise.

"He needs to shut up, he likes the sound of his own voice too much".

As i said on another thread, the guy was doing my head in. Could not agree more with the quote above.

It has a negative effect on the EE. I really thought a few people around me were going go up and hit him, the way they were talking!

As i said on another thread, the guy was doing my head in. Could not agree more with the quote above.

It has a negative effect on the EE. I really thought a few people around me were going go up and hit him, the way they were talking!

you must have been very near me.....

Guest AJ Sylvester

Really not a fan of the megaphone but more to the point - someone please tell the bloke to stop using the alarm when the ball is coming into our box!

We're getting kicked at home by local rivals, they float a corner into our box and just as our boys go up to head it clear there's a bloody loud siren noise from 10 yards away. FFS!

If you're going to use the alarm do it when WE are putting the ball into THEIR box, not the other way round!!!

its bad enough getting turned over by your local rivals but when some idiot tries to start inane songs just for the sake of it jesus it was driving us mad.

Just a tip for him if he starts that caper at the next home game i can guarantee he will be wearing the damn thing, get rid of it now its not needed.

yours midland red.

I actually think that when used in the right way, the megaphone is an advantage (starting the chants). Last nite I thought the atmosphere was the best it has been for a while, until he turned up, and then tying to sing other songs while the rest of the stand was in full flow, complete joke!

You could tell the atmosphere completly died as soon as he entered the stand. I think it has to go unless used properly!

Roll on Boro

The megaphone has got to go, last night the atmosphere was excellent, ten sheepshaggers song was excellent. Then mr megaphones comes in late, trys to start singing it, but if he had turned up at the start of the game he would had seen it had already been sung and very well at that. Instead of taking the hint of people not joining in, people singing other songs, people even singing "Your not funny anymore" and boo's he still carried on.

It is making the atmopshere terrible, i was up for the idea, i had visions of it being used like in europe. Someone else down the front at half time said to me "He needs to shut up, he likes the sound of his own voice too much".

It is a complete joke, and is not helping things at all.

You would be hard pressed to find a single person who wants it in there still, i thought it was good and was aruging with people who didnt like it. But after last night and the last few games they are right, its got to go.

couldn't agree more with everything said here.

generally speaking i dont mind the megaphone when used in the right way. Phil is the chaps name im told, and he seems like a laugh, and threshing machine and other songs always give us a chuckle.

but last night really took the piss. singing the 10 sheep shaggers song when he got in late right after we finished pissed everyone off. then he kept persisting with singing it despite people booing him and telling him to shut his yammer. then came some songs about dave jones being a paedo and a load of sheep noises, which was doing everyones nut in, myself included. at one point, the eastend started chanting 'you're not funny any more' directed at him.

sometimes the megaphone can be a laugh, but last night it was overused and ended up making the chap look silly.

The megaphone is utterly embarressing. It stiffles the atmosphere nearly every time and it's not needed as The East End is more than capable of making a genuine atmosphere.

What is it with our football club and trying to artifically enhance the atmosphere? We've done it for years with various different initiatives, trumpets, drums, the guy on the side of the pitch with the tanny singing come on you reds, and now the megaphone.

Why not just let the fans sing in unison without distorting it?

couldn't agree more with everything said here.

generally speaking i dont mind the megaphone when used in the right way. Phil is the chaps name im told, and he seems like a laugh, and threshing machine and other songs always give us a chuckle.

but last night really took the piss. singing the 10 sheep shaggers song when he got in late right after we finished pissed everyone off. then he kept persisting with singing it despite people booing him and telling him to shut his yammer. then came some songs about dave jones being a paedo and a load of sheep noises, which was doing everyones nut in, myself included. at one point, the eastend started chanting 'you're not funny any more' directed at him.

sometimes the megaphone can be a laugh, but last night it was overused and ended up making the chap look silly.

As a boring, middle-aged fart who sits in the Williams with his 73 year old Dad, I love to see and hear the East End in full voice. However, the megaphone always sounds ridiculous and unnecessary, and the siren just sounds surreal.

I'm glad to say that the Dave Jones / Jill Dando style songs are inaudible to us, as I hate that sort of sh*t which has nothing whatsoever to do with football.

The megaphone is not the problem as it can be a useful tool, however i agree the problem is with the user who SOMETIMES like's a drink of 5 before hand, i was behind him and watched his performance which was poor.

He will be spoken to about it by a few close to him and if no change it will have to go or given to someone else

to use it right.

On another note the eastend is looking for people who would like to wave the big flags at some home games

and if your in the EE and interested let us know.

Really not a fan of the megaphone but more to the point - someone please tell the bloke to stop using the alarm when the ball is coming into our box!

We're getting kicked at home by local rivals, they float a corner into our box and just as our boys go up to head it clear there's a bloody loud siren noise from 10 yards away. FFS!

If you're going to use the alarm do it when WE are putting the ball into THEIR box, not the other way round!!!

Dont partake in the eastend but this fella sounds quality.

Does he wear a crash helmet!

maybe we can send him in with the away fans each week.

Seriously though i do think city fans would benefit from takin the piss out of themselves a bit more often.

After all

I cant read and i cant write but i can drive a tractor.................!

Guest AJ Sylvester

Dont partake in the eastend but this fella sounds quality.

Does he wear a crash helmet!

maybe we can send him in with the away fans each week.

Seriously though i do think city fans would benefit from takin the piss out of themselves a bit more often.

After all

I cant read and i cant write but i can drive a tractor.................!

I have no objection to taking the piss out of ourselves - I'm all for it. It's great.

But putting the shits up our own backline and distracting them as we try and defend a corner is not good.

As for those people saying "it's not the megaphone but how it's used" - well I beg to differ. It's embarrassing and every away fan will just walk away thinking "ha ha. They're so rubbish they need a megaphone to sing". We don't. It takes a couple of people to shout loudly and the rest will follow - same as worked brilliantly in there before, same as works well at pretty much every away match with unreserved seating.

I'm sure the guy loves the City and fair play to him for trying something new but it hasn't worked and I think it's done with now.

I have no objection to taking the piss out of ourselves - I'm all for it. It's great.

But putting the shits up our own backline and distracting them as we try and defend a corner is not good.

As for those people saying "it's not the megaphone but how it's used" - well I beg to differ. It's embarrassing and every away fan will just walk away thinking "ha ha. They're so rubbish they need a megaphone to sing". We don't. It takes a couple of people to shout loudly and the rest will follow - same as worked brilliantly in there before, same as works well at pretty much every away match with unreserved seating.

I'm sure the guy loves the City and fair play to him for trying something new but it hasn't worked and I think it's done with now.

Watch some videos of european times on youtube, then use the

"Haha they use a megaphone" Line.

We do need more people to help with the wavey flags, there are new ones. Just noone to wave it, bar me and one other, its not hard and they are not heavy at all.

Archived