IGNORED

Carey's Statement

bcfc@downend

we have to look ourselves...

its not the managers fault - its the players...

we had an off day....

we were not good enough...

we have to respond...

blah blah blah.

To be fair what else can he say, oh i know as a small gesture we are giving our pay cheques to charity as we certainly dont deserve it

I'd like the players to do ALL their talking out on the pitch on Saturday.

Players are pad their salaries to perform on the pitch - not to issue press statements, blogs and justify themselves to fans or anyone else for that matter.

If I hear one more statement containing - "Everybody's Hurting at the Moment" or "Their's a lot of soul searching going on" I think I will Puke! Get a Thesaurus Mr Johnson, I am not advocating him going, as that will not achieve anything, but for christake when will he stop coming out with the same old tired phrases, and tell us something that sounds genuine and inspirational?

I'm sure hardly anyone will agree with me but I said it last night and i'll say it again. Louis Carey is looking more and more like the weak link in our defence and I think maybe it might be time to replace him before he ruins his wonderful reputation. Unfortunately he is getting on in years now and just seems a yard behind everyone else quite a few times and it's costing us dearly

I'm sure hardly anyone will agree with me but I said it last night and i'll say it again. Louis Carey is looking more and more like the weak link in our defence and I think maybe it might be time to replace him before he ruins his wonderful reputation. Unfortunately he is getting on in years now and just seems a yard behind everyone else quite a few times and it's costing us dearly

His chin dropped and he was very quiet last night. That worried me more.

I kept shouting at him to get the players going.

His chin dropped and he was very quiet last night. That worried me more.

I kept shouting at him to get the players going.

it's not just about winning the next game, we need to put a real run together otherwise we will get the post preston short term 'we are getting in the play-offs' syndrome.

While I agree that he hasn't been up to his usual standard this season I think its important that when looking at our back 4 he is probably the most consistent of the lot. As for last night no one came close to an average performance.

I'm starting to believe that while everyone has been complaining about us not being good enough going forward and being positive enough our real problem lies defensively, But thats quite easy to say after losing 6-0.

I'd like the players to do ALL their talking out on the pitch on Saturday.

Players are pad their salaries to perform on the pitch - not to issue press statements, blogs and justify themselves to fans or anyone else for that matter.

englandsmile4wf.gif Couldn't agree more.We are all feeling down a bit,but a few good results and grim determination by players and fans to take this result on the chin and show everyone what we are made of.I still believe anyway.Things can only get better!!!!englandsmile4wf.gif

While I agree that he hasn't been up to his usual standard this season I think its important that when looking at our back 4 he is probably the most consistent of the lot. As for last night no one came close to an average performance.

I'm starting to believe that while everyone has been complaining about us not being good enough going forward and being positive enough our real problem lies defensively, But thats quite easy to say after losing 6-0.

Our problem does lie defensively. How many times have our forwards put us in the lead only for our defence to let us down in the last minutes?! I also think there is a lack of communication between Gerken and the defence leading to a lack of confidence in each other - How many times have we seen defenders kicking the ball out of his hands almost or colliding with him or simply taking the ball past him as happened last night

Maybe not, but as he's a Bristolian City fan I expect a hell of alot more from Carey in a local derby against Cardiff than we saw last night.

The least we should have seen was leadership, fight, attempts to inspire his team mates, as well as anger and pain at the humiliation.

There was nothing from him, we had no Captain on the pitch, and as far as I'm concerned he should not Captain Bristol City again.

Archived