IGNORED

Back To Square One

Gazred

So, surely now its time to hit the reset button, draw a line under it all etc etc.

Was just wondering what we think the approach will be for 'Boro on Sat and beyond. As far as i can make out this season, we have no particular playing style, formation, settled back 4, center mid or attack...in other words whats our best 11?

Obviously last night was the low point of the season, perhaps the last 2, but the club does have to move forward, there isnt going to be some mass clean out of the squad or any radical changes. So where does this leave us? I think the inconsistancy of the players has made selection and formation much more difficult for GJ, form players make it easy to dictate to a manager who starts and where, but we just dont really seem to have had any consistancy in form all season.

Narrow midfield and "wing backs" has been done, we just tried the classic 442 with mixed results, so what next? I cant see us playing 442/424 away but seeing as we just shipped 6 at home with that...why the hell not....perhaps we should just start playing to our strengths...whatever they are!

We have plenty of pace up front and wide, a good mix of youth and experience in the middle and likewise at the back....so how best to utilise it? If the team at AG are struggling to find answers im not expecting a miracle solution on here but a fresh idea needs to come from somewhere.

Depending on availability:-

Collis (or Henderson if we can cancel the loan)

Orr (would have been Ribiero but we can't get him back)

Carey

Wilson (or Fontaine if not available)

Nyatanga

Sproule

Sno

Skuse

JCR

Haynes/Maynard/Clarkson/Agyemang (couldn't really care who)

Akinde (first name on the teamsheet)

Archived