IGNORED

A Forest Fans View

BS3_RED

Football is about entertainment. Bristol City are one of the most negative sides in the division, composed of unspectacular grinders who, even when they do win, manage it in such a manner as to make it seem like they haven't. They lack three of the most exciting things in football; proper wingers, pace, and midfield dynamism. As much as you may look upon them and say that they are currently meeting the expectations, pretty much exactly as you would require them, you cannot possibly pretend away the disillusionment of the fans with the continually negative frame of mind around the football club. Bristol City are slowly regressing as a football club, and no matter where a side is positioned a 0-6 defeat in a home match is never acceptable. Sometimes a club has to change if progress is necessary. Throughout their time in this league Bristol City have been a club based on percentages. I even read that Gary Johnson sets a great deal by statistical analysis as opposed to pure footballing analysis, which says a lot. I think when you look at a club like Doncaster who play a far more attractive brand of football on an inferior budget, you can understand why Bristol City fans don't want to witness turgid football, particularly at home, where they pack the midfield and seem unable to muster chances. I'm sure it is with some reluctance that they are realisng it's time to move on.

I think this sums us up perfectly apart from us now having JCR.

Football is about entertainment. Bristol City are one of the most negative sides in the division, composed of unspectacular grinders who, even when they do win, manage it in such a manner as to make it seem like they haven't. They lack three of the most exciting things in football; proper wingers, pace, and midfield dynamism. As much as you may look upon them and say that they are currently meeting the expectations, pretty much exactly as you would require them, you cannot possibly pretend away the disillusionment of the fans with the continually negative frame of mind around the football club. Bristol City are slowly regressing as a football club, and no matter where a side is positioned a 0-6 defeat in a home match is never acceptable. Sometimes a club has to change if progress is necessary. Throughout their time in this league Bristol City have been a club based on percentages. I even read that Gary Johnson sets a great deal by statistical analysis as opposed to pure footballing analysis, which says a lot. I think when you look at a club like Doncaster who play a far more attractive brand of football on an inferior budget, you can understand why Bristol City fans don't want to witness turgid football, particularly at home, where they pack the midfield and seem unable to muster chances. I'm sure it is with some reluctance that they are realisng it's time to move on.

Very eloquently put and whoever wrote that seems to have an in depth knowledge of the way this club is at present - did Dele Adebola write or help write the article?

OUCH!! THE TRUTH DOES HURT.

He's exactly right!

Summed it up better than most on this forum. Also it comes from someone who clearly knows how nice it is to play "the Forest way" which is certainly a brand of football I aspire to watching.

I would argue that the last time we were recognised for playing good football and succeeded with it was the play-off year, when funnily enough Elliot's form provided the midfield dynamism and Sproule and McIndoe provided pace and width.

Since then players have lost form and the team has be constantly faffed around with to its detriment.

As I've said on previous posts today, maybe the penny's dropped with GJ and he's finally addressing this. I have my reservations but let's see if Hartley, Haynes, JCR, Maynard and Akinde can all help to provide the pace, width and midfield dynamism (along with more positive displays from full backs... who knows, maybe even Harley (rumoured), Ribeiro???).

If not, then it's time for change at the end of this season without a doubt.

P.S. He's right about the ridiculous amount of significance placed on statisitcal analysis my Mr Johnson too. Pro-zone my ar$e.

ever get the feeling of being kicked when your down!

The worst thing is, every single word of it is true. There is nothing there you cannot have a counter argument about. Gary Johnson and co have been well and truely found out at this level, and results and performances over the last 12/18 months have proved it.

ever get the feeling of being kicked when your down!

The worst thing is, every single word of it is true. There is nothing there you cannot have a counter argument about. Gary Johnson and co have been well and truely found out at this level, and results and performances over the last 12/18 months have proved it.

Prozone sounds like its a relief for constipation....

Out of interest didn't Forest stay loyal to their Manager for a long time before bringing Davies in to freshen things up? Slightly different scenario but don't results happen for a reason? Like all people in business we all have our level and I am sure this isn't missed by SL - perhaps it suits us at the mo to stabilise in the Championship whilst awaiting the new stadium?

If a supporter can write such a detailed and accurate account, imagine what a decent opposition manager is capable of.

As demonstrated perfectly by Dave Jones last night.

God knows what Forest will do to us when they visit the Gate in a couple of months. I just hope we're still 10 or so points clear of the bottom 3 by then!fingerscrossed.gif

As demonstrated perfectly by Dave Jones last night.

God knows what Forest will do to us when they visit the Gate in a couple of months. I just hope we're still 10 or so points clear of the bottom 3 by then!fingerscrossed.gif

And don't forget we're live on T.V against the Toon and WBA. At the rate we're playing, West Brom will rip us to shreds, in front of however many millions are tuned into BBC that day!

I agree with pretty much all this chap has written, but i have to say that its very easy to pass judgement on a rival (actually, we're not really rivalling them at anything right now) team when you're flying high and it wasn't that long ago that Forest were in the same position as us; floundering around, apparently without confidence or direction.

I suppose thats a lesson to both us and to Forest....

And don't forget we're live on T.V against the Toon and WBA. At the rate we're playing, West Brom will rip us to shreds, in front of however many millions are tuned into BBC that day!

At the rate we're playing?

You do realize that this time yesterday most people didn't actually think there was that much wrong apart from the football being boring! its one extremely bad result and im interested to see what fight GJ has in him to sort this out.

What I do know is GJ has faced adversity in the past and come back shinning - this is a little more difficult for him as its his own players and he probably doesn't have much time but I am fascinated to see what he tries.

Out of interest didn't Forest stay loyal to their Manager for a long time before bringing Davies in to freshen things up? Slightly different scenario but don't results happen for a reason? Like all people in business we all have our level and I am sure this isn't missed by SL - perhaps it suits us at the mo to stabilise in the Championship whilst awaiting the new stadium?

nope, half a season! Calderwood got them out of that division, struggle, and was replaced mid-way through his first season in the Championship when it was clear to see he was struggling

At the rate we're playing?

You do realize that this time yesterday most people didn't actually think there was that much wrong apart from the football being boring! its one extremely bad result and im interested to see what fight GJ has in him to sort this out.

What I do know is GJ has faced adversity in the past and come back shinning - this is a little more difficult for him as its his own players and he probably doesn't have much time but I am fascinated to see what he tries.

Yes at the rate we're playing, which is just 2 wins in 14 games including cup, and no clean sheet in 9. I'd also like to know when GJ has come back shining, after his initial poor start he had 2 and a bit seasons of football that got us results however since the playoff defeat he has hardly come back shining.

Who gives a 5h1t what a Florist fan thinks? Any pea brain can make a simple judgement by looking at our results.

The only change we need is a change in results, and maybe a change in some fans attitudes might not go amiss.

He clearly hasn't got all that just from looking at our results as he knows we play dull football, haven't been using width, and that many fans are frustrated with the incredibly dull football.

Accurate assessment. And it's not just pace that counts, pace is pointless without some end product. Also, by playing JCR and Haynes wide, any improvements in attack were offset by lack of defensive cover for the two full backs.

As for the fans, I thought they were pretty good last night considering Cardiff were dicking us 6-0. Then again, Johnson does have seriously sloping shoulders.

It might have been well typed and spell checked but the first sentence completely ruins it!

Football is not about entertainment - it is about winning.

If you were Liverpool of the eighties and won every game 1-0 with the goal scored in the last minute but win the league and euopen cups talk of enterrtainment is just nonesense.

I don't spend a fortune supporting my team to be entertained - I go to see my team beat the opposition of the day. end of.

Archived