IGNORED

To Be Fair...

Rich i e

.....having a snipe at the fans, even after a 6-0 mauling at home, he is a disgrace.

On Points west tonight, Johnson - 'the fans, well the ones that stayed until the end, deserve a successful football team.

For your information Mr 'I take no blame for anything' Johnson, I left on 73 minutes to make an hour trip home to Wiltshire, which I make every home game. Oh did I mention I've been a season ticket holder for 36 years, put money into the club '82 when the club you are lucky to mange was on its knees,

So, I don't deserve a sucessful club? I was here 30 years before you, and no doubt 30 years after, so good-bye you selfish little man.

.....having a snipe at the fans, even after a 6-0 mauling at home, he is a disgrace.

On Points west tonight, Johnson - 'the fans, well the ones that stayed until the end, deserve a successful football team.

For your information Mr 'I take no blame for anything' Johnson, I left on 73 minutes to make an hour trip home to Wiltshire, which I make every home game. Oh did I mention I've been a season ticket holder for 36 years, put money into the club '82 when the club you are lucky to mange was on its knees,

So, I don't deserve a sucessful club? I was here 30 years before you, and no doubt 30 years after, so good-bye you selfish little man.

Well

I meant to say well said.I totally agree.Johnson has such a high opinion of himself he believes we should bow down to him and put up with any rubbish he serves up on the pitch.I am surprised and dissapointed that Steve Lansdown hasn't put him straight on comments like these.

Don't understand - are you saying that those who stayed until the end don't deserve a successful football team? Are you saying that Johnson said that those that left early don't deserve a successful football team?

I've been to all 4 Cardiff games this season so cos I left a tiny bit early to have a beer I don't deserve success?

I think you and the thread starter might have misinterpreted what Gary J said. The way i heard it i took that he was hurting and humbled by those particularly who stayed behind and wanted to thank them for going out of their way to applaud him. I am sure he is grateful for every single supporter who came to the game. i can of course understand how his words could have been interpreted a different way but i am sure he meant no ill towards all other fans. he does not strike me as a man who wants to commit hari kari.

I think you and the thread starter might have misinterpreted what Gary J said. The way i heard it i took that he was hurting and humbled by those particularly who stayed behind and wanted to thank them for going out of their way to applaud him. I am sure he is grateful for every single supporter who came to the game. i can of course understand how his words could have been interpreted a different way but i am sure he meant no ill towards all other fans. he does not strike me as a man who wants to commit hari kari.

I interpreted them how they were spoken, those that stayed the full 90 mins deserve success. Sorry but who are you to say who deserves success? Just because fans left because they were hurting so much it doesn't mean they don't deserve success, the guy on points west earlier said he left at halftime, he's also making the 5 hour trip Saturday so maybe GJ should remember that the next time he speaks after such a disgraceful performance.

Spot on. I support BCFC, not GJ. Coudn't have put it better myself mate!

I think fans should give the guy a bit of a break when it comes to what was said. On reflection he probably just wanted to acknowledge the fact there were still people who managed to put up with the performance right to the sorry end.

He must have been pretty stressed out and forgot to acknowledge everyone.

Irrespective of the way the team is performing I'm sure he is committed 100%. He's only human and is bound to say a few things he might regret later.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. We know what GJ is like, I can't see his personality changing.

I travelled from Cardiff and I left at half time, that's my decision, I paid my trainfare, 2 taxis and a ticket for the game, I like many others have supported City for 30 years across the country blah blah and I will be here long after he disapears (hopefully), his ego and snide remarks aimed at us the supporters is really starting to annoy me

The only BBC interview I have seen is the following one:

Johnson's post match interview for the BBC

where he says:

So he apologises twice and gives credit to the fans. But this doesn't fit with what people want to hear GJ say so apparently he hasn't apologised and has slagged off the fans again. disapointed2se.gif

Watch the interview. He never accepts the blame fully, and he makes out that only the fans that stayed till the end deserve success. He also said something about knowing what side your on as a fan. It was cleverly edited out of being included on the article about the interview on the City Site as well.

Not true. I know of one supporter GJ wasn't happy with.... the bloke in the Williams who walked to the front and started shouting at Gary to sort things out.

I think the guy left after that - encouraged to leave by GJ may I add.

Shame he didn't stay a bit longer as we were only 2 or 3 down at that point! God knows what he'd have done when the 6th went in?!

Watch the interview. He never accepts the blame fully, and he makes out that only the fans that stayed till the end deserve success. He also said something about knowing what side your on as a fan. It was cleverly edited out of being included on the article about the interview on the City Site as well.

Do you think I transcribed the interview word-for-word without watching it? rofl2br.gif

Help me out here - which of the words I quoted did he not say?

Do you think I transcribed the interview word-for-word without watching it? rofl2br.gif

You didn't misquote anything he said.

But the point the thread starter was making was that GJ saying the fans that stayed to the end deserved success can be construed to mean the many hundreds who give it up as a bad job on a cold, horrible night don't deserve success.

And all your quote did was reaffirm that.

here, here. the people on here trying to spin GJ's comments into something that wasnt aimed at some fans are having a laugh. the guy has been here 4 and a half years and wev'e heard it tens of times when things dont go well he cant help but have a dig at the fans. those trying to stick up for him saying that he didnt mean it like that can think what they want. ive seen enough of GJ now and have heard enough of his interviews to know the guy cant help it and im 100% convinced it was aimed at us fans who left early. i left at half time because it was simply too painful to watch. does that make me a bad supporter?? im a season ticket holder and have sat through all the late equalisers and the sheff utd debacle in 2009 but last night was the final straw. watching the cardiff fans celbrate as our boys fell about likethe keystone cops was too much for me. better i left early than stay and vent my spleen IMO.

gates are in freefall, the players arent playing for him, entertainment levels are low, wev'e won something like 10 out of our last 40 league games, some absolutely dire signings have been made in the last 18 months at great expensive to a club like ours and the guy has still got time to have a dig at season ticket holders who pay his big fat wedge and those of his underachieveing players. what a prize ****!!!!!!!!!

I meant the interview on World, but never mind. And I didn't say you mis-quoted, but you left out other vital parts, as well as the fact when you watch it it is clear he's being a cock from his tone and body language. Did you think he was genuinely pleased at the support? He was annoyed people had left and annoyed we'd just been raped and wanted to take it out on someone. He didn't thank people for singing City till I die when 6 down to our local rivals at home did he?

You didn't misquote anything he said.

But the point the thread starter was making was that GJ saying the fans that stayed to the end deserved success can be construed to mean the many hundreds who give it up as a bad job on a cold, horrible night don't deserve success.

And all your quote did was reaffirm that.

You are right it can be construed to mean that. If you want it to. The thread starter added words and emphasis with 'the ones' becoming 'well the ones' which didn't come from Johnson's mouth at all and turned what he did say into what he wanted him to have said. He must also have switched off either side of the sentence he misquoted as Mr 'I take no blame for anything' Johnson apologised the sentence before and the sentence after.

I have supported BCFC for 43 years through thick and thin the glory days in the 1st div and i was at Newport for what might have been our last ever game .Yesterday was the very first time i have ever left before the end of the game .

I am appaled by Mr Johnsons comment, he cannot possibly excuse a inept performance like last night and turn on supporters like myself, who left early out of embarrasment and frustration at watching my beloved team, who i love dearly be humbled so easily ,with no apparent passion or motivation to make a fight of the match.

It is a appology we want and a explanation as to what is going to happen to ensure that that this kind of performance doesnt happen again

I meant the interview on World, but never mind. And I didn't say you mis-quoted, but you left out other vital parts, as well as the fact when you watch it it is clear he's being a cock from his tone and body language.

I've just watched the World interview for a second and third time and can't find the attack on the fans in there either. But feel free to quote the other vital parts if I have missed them. His tone and body language are whatever you want them to be - all I see and hear is a broken man.

Did you think he was genuinely pleased at the support?

I think he was genuinely proud of those who stayed behind the players until the end. And I don't think he has criticised anyone who didn't.

He didn't thank people for singing City till I die when 6 down to our local rivals at home did he?

No- but if he did I can guarantee someone would be offended by it because they left at 5-0 and didn't hang around to sing it. surrender.gif

Mr 'I take no blame for anything' Johnson apologised

"We" apologised. The manager didn't take any personal responsibility in that interview.

There was no need for him to talk about fans with he qualification "the ones that stayed til the end", it was definitely yet another dig at the supporters and a very stupid form of words to use.

I've just watched the World interview for a second and third time and can't find the attack on the fans in there either. But feel free to quote the other vital parts if I have missed them. His tone and body language are whatever you want them to be - all I see and hear is a broken man.

I think he was genuinely proud of those who stayed behind the players until the end. And I don't think he has criticised anyone who didn't.

No- but if he did I can guarantee someone would be offended by it because they left at 5-0 and didn't hang around to sing it. surrender.gif

Well I disagree with almost everything you've said. Him saying the fans that stayed till the end deserve success is clearly antagonising the fans who left IMO and is a needless gripe. Why couldn't he say thanks to the supporters for cheering us even at 6-0 down, thats the only positive of tonight? He can never be fully praising, it always comes back to him. The headline was 'Gary's hurting' and he refers to himself before the fans, players and chairman, it just seemed arrogant and self-centered to me and he is not a broken man, he's annoyed because the result rightly reflects badly on him.

Edit: I see Nibor above feels the same way about the comments he made, as do many others that have posted there disguntlement at these comments over the previous 24 hours.

Excellent shout Sir. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned I deserve a successful football team because I'm Bristolian and that's my attitude - why should Manchester, Liverpool and London have all the football glory?

There wouldn't be a problem with Gary Johnson's attitude to supporters if only he could bring us the success and glory that his arrogant likeness brought to his country......

napoleon-throne.jpg

"We" apologised. The manager didn't take any personal responsibility in that interview.

So this is a twisted version of the old 'we' take the credit and 'they' take the blame game where 'we' used to mean him taking credit in the context of good performances but now doesn't mean the same when it comes to apologising?!? Is it any wonder he decided not to show up for interviews recently with those rules.

There was no need for him to talk about fans with he qualification "the ones that stayed til the end", it was definitely yet another dig at the supporters and a very stupid form of words to use.

There was no need for him to talk about the fans at all. But he did and if one thing is clear it is that there is nothing definite about what he said. We all know he values the fans that support the players during the match over those that don't. As do the players. So, IHMO, he gave praise to those who stayed to the end because he knows how difficult it was to do so.

I am proud of any City fan who managed to last the 90 minutes in support and good humour. I know I wouldn't have been able to so I wouldn't dare criticise anyone who didn't.

So this is a twisted version of the old 'we' take the credit and 'they' take the blame game where 'we' used to mean him taking credit in the context of good performances but now doesn't mean the same when it comes to apologising?!? Is it any wonder he decided not to show up for interviews recently with those rules.

No, he didn't take personal responsibility, he never does. He doesn't say "I'm the manager, the buck stops with me, I got this one wrong and I'm sorry". He says things like "5 or 6 players had the worst game of their career" and "the players have to pick themselves up".

So, IHMO, he gave praise to those who stayed to the end because he knows how difficult it was to do so.

No, he didn't. He had a dig at those who didn't stay til the end.

If he'd said "I was delighted with the number of fans that stayed til the end, very proud of them, wouldn't have blamed them for leaving it" you might have been right. But he didn't.

If he hadn't said "Well, of course, I don't go out and ask the boys to get beat 6-0, erm, I don't ask them get beat. We don't get beat here often, we've had too many draws but erm... you know.. there's a few that deserve success at this football club because they, they get behind the lads through thick and thin. There's a few, there's a few in here as well that don't get behind the lads and er they tend to say things and write things with their own ideas and opinions and it gets out to people and they start believing that and the lads start reading it.. so maybe there's a time to assess which ones are on your side and which ones are not" in the interview that BCFC and the BBC haven't published then you might be right. But he did.

No, he didn't. He had a dig at those who didn't stay til the end.

If you want to make statements of absolute certainty then you can only go on the words he actually said. The group he spoke about were those that stayed. We can be sure he offered them praise. He said nothing about those who didn't. You can infer what you like but you just cannot know.

If he'd said "I was delighted with the number of fans that stayed til the end, very proud of them, wouldn't have blamed them for leaving it" you might have been right. But he didn't.

If he'd have said that this thread wouldn't exist. Maybe he should wait 24 hours before talking to the press and media and then read what you wrote him word-for-word no matter what the questions were. clapping.gif

If he hadn't said "Well, of course, I don't go out and ask the boys to get beat 6-0, erm, I don't ask them get beat. We don't get beat here often, we've had too many draws but erm... you know.. there's a few that deserve success at this football club because they, they get behind the lads through thick and thin. There's a few, there's a few in here as well that don't get behind the lads and er they tend to say things and write things with their own ideas and opinions and it gets out to people and they start believing that and the lads start reading it.. so maybe there's a time to assess which ones are on your side and which ones are not" in the interview that BCFC and the BBC haven't published then you might be right. But he did.

Yep - just listened to that one and it goes a bit further. But still the basic premise is that he values those who 'get behind the lads through thick and thin'. What goes after that is a bit of a mess and reads and sounds like it is targeted at the minority who we know he has problems with. What I don't see is the 'if you left early, booed or threw a programme you don't deserve success' that this is being made out to be.

I just wish he would ignore as best he can the problems he has with the EP and the problems he has with a handful of our 'supporters'. The problem with mentioning it at all is that far more people than he actually intends think "he's talking about me the cockney $^$%".

some of you are very sensitive and precious souls- GJ's comments can be interpreted in a variety of ways -some of you wish to interpret them in a negative way and frankly would interpret anything he said in a negative way thats up to you but its s hame when peoplke try to stir up further negative feelings in this way.

some of you are very sensitive and precious souls- GJ's comments can be interpreted in a variety of ways -some of you wish to interpret them in a negative way and frankly would interpret anything he said in a negative way thats up to you but its s hame when peoplke try to stir up further negative feelings in this way.

With the greatest of respect you are just trying to spin the comments of a man who is beyond criticism in your eyes. If you have listened to the interview and read the transcript afterwards you will know exactly what he meant whether you are in denial or not. It is simply a negative trait of his character to have these little digs and he has previous form for doing so too.

The only issue to debate here is whether the man is being nasty or whether he is just plain thick when he makes these comments. A good Manager will not make comments like these that leave him open to criticism from fans - but GJ in his wisdom regularly makes them and if he isn't careful a Manager who has been relatively successful at this football club in comparison to the vast majority of his predecessors will end up leaving a legacy of being one of the most unpopular characters to manage this football club. Perhaps it is totally unjustified and perhaps GJ doesn't care but it is a shame.

I stayed to the end of the game (to calm down as much as anything!!) but I don't begrudge or criticise one single supporter who left early on Tuesday and fully acknowledge that they deserve success every single bit as much as the 3-4,000 of us left in the ground at the end.

If you want to make statements of absolute certainty then you can only go on the words he actually said. The group he spoke about were those that stayed. We can be sure he offered them praise. He said nothing about those who didn't. You can infer what you like but you just cannot know.

I don't see how anybody can listen to the interview on Cardiff City Player and be in any doubt. Transcript doesn't cover tone of voice and the rest of it. After all, it's not like he hasn't got form for moaning about fans is it?

If he'd have said that this thread wouldn't exist.

My point exactly. We got hammered at home by a rival and gave up- why's he saying anything at all that could be interpreted as a dig at the fans? It should have been a crystal clear mea culpa and apology and an assurance that it would never happen again.

Yep - just listened to that one and it goes a bit further. But still the basic premise is that he values those who 'get behind the lads through thick and thin'. What goes after that is a bit of a mess and reads and sounds like it is targeted at the minority who we know he has problems with. What I don't see is the 'if you left early, booed or threw a programme you don't deserve success' that this is being made out to be.

I just wish he would ignore as best he can the problems he has with the EP and the problems he has with a handful of our 'supporters'. The problem with mentioning it at all is that far more people than he actually intends think "he's talking about me the cockney $^$%".

To be honest the more of this I hear from GJ the more I start to dislike him. That's the basic problem, he's alienating a lot of the support. And I know his comments weren't aimed at me.

Archived