IGNORED

Get Over It

m42

Thought so. Kept out of here today cos I knew it would be full of bile mainly generated by glass half empty people.

We lost a match. So what? My 90 mile journey home was melancholic but I woke up today fit & well & full of optimism.

Middlesbrough had better watch out on Saturday cos we're completing the double on Saturday. Oh yes we will!!

U Reds!!!!!!!!!!

Thought so. Kept out of here today cos I knew it would be full of bile mainly generated by glass half empty people.

We lost a match. So what? My 90 mile journey home was melancholic but I woke up today fit & well & full of optimism.

Middlesbrough had better watch out on Saturday cos we're completing the double on Saturday. Oh yes we will!!

U Reds!!!!!!!!!!

theres a lot worse things that can happen in the world, true. its only a game, but this is a city forum and not a world peace forum. we have been in decline for 18 months and last night was the final straw for me and many others.

U Reds!!!!!!!!!!

Barman! Some of what this guys on please!

In all seriousness though my 70 mile trip home was grim and I woke up hoping last night had been just a big horrible dream. It wasn't and I did not awake full of optimism.

U Reds!!!!!!!!!!

I assume this is tounge in cheek or I'm amazed. "We lost a match, so what?" How about we got humiliated at home by our local rivals? That is the biggest understatement I've seen on here in a long time!

theres a lot worse things that can happen in the world, true. its only a game, but this is a city forum and not a world peace forum. we have been in decline for 18 months and last night was the final straw for me and many others.

In decline?? IN DECLINE? I've loved 90%+ of the football I've watched these last 18 months. There are 23 other clubs as desperate as we are for success. It's not our right to be top 6. In decline? 1980 to 1982 - that was decline.

We're competing in a brilliant league. So we got stuffed. No doubt we'll get stuffed again but we'll win more than we lose.

In decline ... Rubbish!

U Reds!!!!!!!!!!

I admire your positivity.

Wouldn't logic, therefore, suggest that if we were to win a playoff final you'd be quite matter-of-fact and relatively lacking in emotion.

In football the lows are as low as the highs are high, no?

In decline?? IN DECLINE? I've loved 90%+ of the football I've watched these last 18 months. There are 23 other clubs as desperate as we are for success. It's not our right to be top 6. In decline? 1980 to 1982 - that was decline.

We're competing in a brilliant league. So we got stuffed. No doubt we'll get stuffed again but we'll win more than we lose.

In decline ... Rubbish!

your opinion and your obviously entitled to it. a brilliant league though?? your joking!! its okay but it aint that great.

i need to borrow the rose tinted specs youv'e watched the games through cus for me its been absolute dogs entertainment wise.

In decline ... Rubbish!

your easily pleasd then cos i dont count winning 9 out of 40 league games as anything other than decline. who said anythin about top 6? the only 1 talkin about that was johnson at the start of the seson. i just want effort and direction for the city. what we saw last nite was totaly unaceptable

In decline ... Rubbish!

Exactly - so we lost one, and we are going to lose more, but let's keep a sense of proportion.

I know it's easy for me to say ,10,000 miles from the action so I don't have to endure defeat at first hand,but we're still competing in what ,perhaps is the world's most competitive league.

CITY will win through in the end.

I've loved 90%+ of the football I've watched these last 18 months.

I thought last night was bad enough to drive me to drink but clearly I underestimated how bad it was - apparently it's driving some people straight to class A drugs.

I admire your positivity.

Wouldn't logic, therefore, suggest that if we were to win a playoff final you'd be quite matter-of-fact and relatively lacking in emotion.

In football the lows are as low as the highs are high, no?

No logic wouldn't suggest that. Emotion generated by disappointing events is counter productive.

I was ecstatic after the Palace play off games in May 08, the Rotherham game in May 2007, when Grimsby dropped points in April 98, the Huddersfield game in April 1990, the promotions & Freight Rover in the 80's, the Coventry game in May 1977, the Portsmouth game in April 76, the Oldham game in April 65. Not forgetting the cup games against Leeds, Liverpool & Chelsea! Not that many occasions for ecstacy, I know, but retained in my old grey matter, that's for sure.

Why would I be matter of fact about those games? I can't be happy because I don't want to be sad?? Sorry, can't subscribe to that.

Would have posted this earlier but my 88 year old dad rang cos he was feeling happy too!!

Archived