IGNORED

Ten Reasons Why Johnson Must Go

CiderSomerset

One of the poorest thought out rants you have read?? Why is that then??

The grammar is poor, the spelling is poor. There are some large assumptions made with no basis in fact. The call for Benny. It's poor, badly written and the poll is so biased as to beggar belief.

The grammar is poor, the spelling is poor. There are some large assumptions made with no basis in fact. The call for Benny. It's poor, badly written and the poll is so biased as to beggar belief.

It's like going back to school with some people on here. Get a life mate before it's too late!

It's like going back to school with some people on here. Get a life mate before it's too late!

I have a life thank you for your concern. And if it was truely like being at school I would have written across his webpage with red pen and finished it with "See me after school". As it is I didn't and therefore it isn't.

A decent try by the writer, but too many flaws for it to be taken too seriously. Case in point:

"Dire, boring, negative, uninspiring football for nearly TWO years now. Enough is enough"

"Johnson's done a superb job here"

Make up your mind son.

The best point he makes is about Johnson't unwillingness to give young players a chance, which absolutely baffles me.

Poorly written, contradictory, childish rant. Read the match report from the game and words calling Johnson a 'buffoon' and resorting to personal jibes ('short and round') proves that it was written in the heat of the moment, badly thought out, and just gets a bit personal.

And to then state that GJ has done a great job makes the whole thing laughable... great job and buffoon - doesn't really add up.

And yes, I was there Tuesday night and I thought it was a disgraceful performance- and personally, I am torn on whether he should stay or go. I'm not sure Johnson is taking us anywhere except backwards now. But I don't think he deserves personal insults and the total lack of respect he's getting off some supporters. I will support him and hope he turns it around, but I also think he might have come to the end of the line.

The fact that this debate over Johnson's future is going on shows that he is not doing particularly well at the moment. However, mid table in the Championship is OK by me for this season. We have just made a good signing in Campbell-Ryce (I base that on his performance in the game against Cardiff) and who knows whether the bloke from QPR will be any good (let's hope so). There is still an outside chance of scraping into the play-offs (but it is getting less likely by the week).

Johnson got us into this division, took us just one fat blokes kick away from the Premier League and has now hit difficulties. I think he should be given a chance to sort them out this season. Of course if we see any more dickings like that on Tuesday then he will surely have to go. 0-6 is never acceptable. Our defending was pathetic and our lack of fight (nobody even kicked anyone to risk a booking until Fontaine tried to get an early bath in injury time) was worse.

Johnson needs to examine how he is going to motivate the players into performing for him - if he can't then he must go as manager. if he can then some good performances will get the fans back on his side.

His worst attribute seems to be his stubborness and inability to manage some players - sad to see probably our most motivational player during promotion year - Basso - kicking his heels on the siodelines because the management have not managed well. Sad also to realise that during Johnson's time we have had management issues over Phillips, Stewart, Trundle, McIndoe and Orr.

Let's hope the 6-0 drubbing and the subsequent debate over his future helps Gary Johnson to realise that he has to adapt his management style to cope with Championship players.

I have a life thank you for your concern. And if it was truely like being at school I would have written across his webpage with red pen and finished it with "See me after school". As it is I didn't and therefore it isn't.

Not everyone on here grammer/spelling including myself is perfect give him a break he's just trying to make a point. Totally out of order.

It's not well written and entirely a matter of opinion...we're not doing too badly this season for a side with our pedigree. We've barely lost at home in two seasons. Fair enough 6-0 is a spanking but this is a along term project which will have set backs. I can't for a minute see why Johnson must go right now...I know others here disagree...I think they're mistaken. Tins at Swansea was a very different kettle of fish..out of his depth, obviously so...

Sad also to realise that during Johnson's time we have had management issues over Phillips, Stewart, Trundle, McIndoe and Orr.

with the exception of Bradley who wouldn't have problems with the rest of them - they all had a view of themselves which wasn't remotely borne out by their performances...

It is a pity we dont all have a diploma in English like you do...

Any reason why you were sending people through facebook?

Edited to a direct link.

I was sent the link through facebook Tom, I copied it from there thats all.. Cheers for editing it though!

Sad also to realise that during Johnson's time we have had management issues over Phillips, Stewart, Trundle, McIndoe and Orr.

with the exception of Bradley who wouldn't have problems with the rest of them - they all had a view of themselves which wasn't remotely borne out by their performances...

Really? How do you know Bradley didnt have issues with any other players? Dont forget about Basso, that isnt as clear as the mud the club have been spinning....

It is a pity we dont all have a diploma in English like you do...

I was sent the link through facebook Tom, I copied it from there thats all.. Cheers for editing it though!

Really? How do you know Bradley didnt have issues with any other players? Dont forget about Basso, that isnt as clear as the mud the club have been spinning....

I was thinking of the players views of themselves - Phillips, Stewart, Trunds and Macca all thought/think they are the bees knees...and frankly they weren't really at the Gate... as their subsequent careers have proved. Bradley is an exception. As you mention Basso I suspect he's got a rather inflated view of his value to the club...which is a shame...time will tell how good he really is.

Not everyone on here grammer/spelling including myself is perfect give him a break he's just trying to make a point. Totally out of order.

We're not talking about a piece on here - this is a forum - no-one expects everything written to be well-argued, grammatically correct and to have perfect spelling. However, if you're going to publish your musings and expect people to take what you say seriously, then I think it's only right that you pay attention to detail.

Forgetting the arguments about grammar for the moment, let's look at the real issue here.

The reasons for GJ to go get stronger by the month, and a couple more stuffings like Tuesday could see the end of him, but I really hope that doesn't happen.

GJ needs to realise that debacle has dumped him down to the lowest point in his City career and how he responds to it is going to be critical to his future at this club. He has got more and more accident prone in the last couple of seasons and he has got to accept that the CCC is as much of a learning curve for him as it is for the players. At one time the fans would accept anything he said, but those days are gone and it's now time for him to prove he REALLY DOES know what he's on about, because an increasing number of supporters no longer buy into "in GJ we trust".

I honestly hope he has the ability to turn it round and hopefully that will start with a committed performance at Boro, not another pathetically feeble excuse for a performance like we witnessed on Tuesday.

Archived