IGNORED

A Text From A Rovers Fan

BB.

This is a text I recieved this afternoon from a Rovers fan... I have copied the text exactly for authenticity sake. The only thing I have changed is the f words. It's a family show afterall.

Ok here's a point for u. city fans are a ------- disgrace!an evening post survey suggests that 46% of fans think Gary Johnson should be sacked sacked following your defeat to Cardiff,are they ------- morons or what?he's by far the best manager u have had in years,and is not underperforming,the fact is u have overachieved for the past 3 seasons and now find yourself mid table with a mid table team in a hard league,what the p-ssing hell do they expect!?it's not as though he's spent 10's of millions,u should be ashamed to be associated with such moronic fans!

I haven't posted on this site for ages, but still read pretty often. The fact that some people are claiming that they have been "proved right" and that Johnson is a poor manager and should go has provoked me enough to pass this message on.

Basically these are the same people who said Johnson was a bad manager since he took over and wanted him out long before he took us to the brink of the Premier League. They have just been pursistant enough in their views for the inevitable bad spell on the pitch to back up their negativity.

I personally feel Trolls and Lennie have done wonders for Bristol Rovers, yet ive heard plenty of Rovers fans fone Twentyman on a Saturday calling for their heads.

The point of this post is???

Basically my point is, what do City fans actually want? What will it take to stop the moaning? Would you of not taken this 3 years ago?

We are in our natural position in my opinion, a mid table Championship club. We don't have a devine right to be in the top 6.

Basically my point is, what do City fans actually want? What will it take to stop the moaning? Would you of not taken this 3 years ago?

We are in our natural position in my opinion, a mid table Championship club. We don't have a devine right to be in the top 6.

Who in the City management team was spouting off about a top six finish only hours before the Cardiff clash?

Three yrs ago i would have settled for any place in the CCC

Right now what i wont accept is regardless of the teams position in the CCC is a manager who has not played one single young kid

Has knocked off 3k off the gates and that is getting lower every week.

A manager who slags the fans off

A manager who blames everyone in sight except his arogant self

A manager who has lost the support of 45% of city fans

A manager who has lost all respect from the players

A manager who now seems clueless as to what to do next

Amanager who has served up the worst football since pullis

A manager who has scared off sky sports from televising city matches

Shall i continue?

Who in the City management team was spouting off about a top six finish only hours before the Cardiff clash?

Right now what i wont accept is regardless of the teams position in the CCC is a manager who has not played one single young kid

Shall i continue?

45% on a pol on an internet forum correct, 45% of fans incorrect

Lost the players respect? has he? you know that do you, incorrect i know he hasnt FACT

Sky commnet .... it just gets better, ffs go away

Shall i continue?

The last home game before Johnson took over we had 9,576 at home to Blackpool and we were 23rd in League One. On Tuesday we had 13,825 and we are 11th in the Championship. That isn't knocking 3,000 of the gates. You probably know as well as I do that the majority of the missing 3,000 bought early bird season tickets due to the prospect of Premier League football.

I've interpreted the rest of your post as negative opinions. Some of which I agree to an extent, some of which I definately don't.

Anyway, you have said what you won't accept, but what I genuinely want to know is what will City fans find acceptable and stop moaning?

The last home game before Johnson took over we had 9,576 at home to Blackpool and we were 23rd in League One. On Tuesday we had 13,825 and we are 11th in the Championship. That isn't knocking 3,000 of the gates. You probably know as well as I do that the majority of the missing 3,000 bought early bird season tickets due to the prospect of Premier League football.

I've interpreted the rest of your post as negative opinions. Some of which I agree to an extent, some of which I definately don't.

Anyway, you have said what you won't accept, but what I genuinely want to know is what will City fans find acceptable and stop moaning?

simple mate 45% of city fans will not be happy till Johnson is removed, hopefully that wont be too long now then this forum can get back to normal amen

all i can say is gj will be on his way soon whether that's in a month two months or the end of the season. Which is a shame as he deserves alot more respect than what is currently being shown to him.

It's shocking to think what could happen to us if we sack gj and the so called big guns people harp on about dont want to come like coppell or curbishley. Where the hell do we go then quite frankly it's frightening to think what could happen if we sack gj to appease the minority. We then realise nobody who's actually any good doesn't want the job. Rush into appointing a below standard manager and end up back at square one playing league 1 football. Just because (i was going to put supporters) but some people throw there toys out the pram like like little 3yr olds because were mid table. I would rather we play teams like sheff u, newcastle, middlesbrough etc... than hartlepool, chesterfield and oldham. Which is where we will be heading if the moaners force a knee jerk reaction from sl.

I work with a lot of Plymouth fans. They are baffled by what a lot of fans are saying about Johnson and are constantly telling me that he has helped us (and continues to help us) to punch above our weight.

Yes, he and Lansdown have high ambitions. But to exhibit the level of anger currently seen from some fans because we were told to hope for more at the start of the season? Isn't that a classic example of victimhood?When my work promise me a promotion if we succeed at something I work as hard as I can to see it happen. I don't start whinging the minute one of my colleagues starts coming up short - I help the guy out. We need to get behind the team more.

simple mate 45% of city fans will not be happy till Johnson is removed, hopefully that wont be too long now then this forum can get back to normal amen

intersting point - can I check my understanding

Either

1. the poll can be extrapolated precisely to the complete fanbase (from my memory of uni statistics the sample size is not large enough, but I could be wrong)

2. the number of people always happy no matter what match precisely the number of people always moaning no matter what (personal feeling with no scientific backing to it, the latter is a larger number)

3. all of the 45% will only be placated by Johnson going - not one would change their mind on reflection or a change in <fortune/results/playing style/whatever>. I doubt you would have got 45% straight after the previous home game, so you can't tell me that at least some aren't swayed by a single performance - what if the next game is a 6-0 victory?

Or

you just took a small-sized internet poll and used it for a sweeping generalisation to support your view

all i can say is gj will be on his way soon whether that's in a month two months or the end of the season. Which is a shame as he deserves alot more respect than what is currently being shown to him.

It's shocking to think what could happen to us if we sack gj and the so called big guns people harp on about dont want to come like coppell or curbishley. Where the hell do we go then quite frankly it's frightening to think what could happen if we sack gj to appease the minority. We then realise nobody who's actually any good doesn't want the job. Rush into appointing a below standard manager and end up back at square one playing league 1 football. Just because (i was going to put supporters) but some people throw there toys out the pram like like little 3yr olds because were mid table. I would rather we play teams like sheff u, newcastle, middlesbrough etc... than hartlepool, chesterfield and oldham. Which is where we will be heading if the moaners force a knee jerk reaction from sl.

Spot on. What makes you think the likes of Coppell or Curbishley would want to come to a club were the manager gets treated like this. Buggered if i would want to. We took a hammering, yes. It happens to alot of teams not just us. If you f*cked up in your job would you get the sack? No. You take the bollocking, learn and try not to make the same mistake. Im not saying its never going to happen again. Sh1t happens. Imo Gj is the man for the job and i support him 100%.

Spot on. What makes you think the likes of Coppell or Curbishley would want to come to a club were the manager gets treated like this. Buggered if i would want to. We took a hammering, yes. It happens to alot of teams not just us. If you f*cked up in your job would you get the sack? No. You take the bollocking, learn and try not to make the same mistake. Im not saying its never going to happen again. Sh1t happens. Imo Gj is the man for the job and i support him 100%.

I agree and cannot wait to cheer the lads on to victory tomorrow.

Here is an interesting piece on the SAG forum about one of our players.

Watched Argyle vs Derby last night and Lee Johnson was outstanding in midfield for Derby, fetching and carrying and providing an outlet for the back four.

Put your prejudice to one side - could he do a job for us?

Good to see that some of their fans arent as blinkered as ours!

But come Saturday if we were to come out play good football, like we did against PNE, and batter Boro, Do u still think it'll be at 45%? nono.gif I think not.

Its about time we started getting behind the team we supposedly SUPPORT!!

Season ticket holders, whether they attend or not, are counted within the announced attendance. Therefore, 3k+ paying fans did not turn up on Tuesday so in this instance your arguement is flawed.

I personally feel Trolls and Lennie have done wonders for Bristol Rovers, yet ive heard plenty of Rovers fans fone Twentyman on a Saturday calling for their heads.

The point of this post is???

Interesting.

My knowledge of Rovers is a little sketchy but as I understand it, Trollope and Lawrence:

- Took a side that was struggling out of trouble

- Took them to a JPT final

- Got them promoted

- Established them in the division above

- Have built a side that occasionally looks like threatening the playoffs but can't quite get there

Johnson on the other hand:

- Got them promoted

- Took them to a playoff final

- Has built a side that occasionally looks like threatening the playoffs but can't quite get there

So other than the fact that Johnson has always been working a division higher and took City to a Championship playoff final, rather than a Johnstones Paint Trophy final, their records are fairly similar.

Yet you think Trollope and Lawrence have worked wonders but Johnson must go?

13,825 for a local derby against Cardiff is a poor crowd and you know it. Look back through recent history. We were getting circa 15K earlier in the season and against Preston we got just over 13K so 1,500-2,000 has been knocked off the gate THIS SEASON. Of the missing season ticket holders there were three distinct camps:-

Poor football

Recession

Premier League Glory hunters

I think you over estimate the bottom category and if things don't improve dread to think what the season ticket number will be next season (8 or 9K I reckon).

The unhappy City fans would like to see an improvement in the quality of football on offer in the main. GJ seems to have started that process with promising performances against QPR and Preston but it seems at the moment we are taking two steps forward and three back with the last two performances against Cardiff. There seems to be an air of complacency on here that we are "mid-table Championship" - do not get complacent because if this run continues for much longer we will be firmly in a relegation battle - go away and have a look at the table properly and you will see what I mean.

Interesting.

My knowledge of Rovers is a little sketchy but as I understand it, Trollope and Lawrence:

- Took them to a JPT final

- Got them promoted

- Have built a side that occasionally looks like threatening the playoffs but can't quite get there

Johnson on the other hand:

- Got them promoted

- Took them to a playoff final

- Has built a side that occasionally looks like threatening the playoffs but can't quite get there

So other than the fact that Johnson has always been working a division higher and took City to a Championship playoff final, rather than a Johnstones Paint Trophy final, their records are fairly similar.

Yet you think Trollope and Lawrence have worked wonders but Johnson must go?

Cracking post. Will be interested to read the response.

I'm another one who doesn't post on here much but when I read stuff like this i feel compelled to add my two peneth, i get so dismayed at people who post crap like this, (bet he reads the Daily Mail) constructive criticism should always be welcome but to say things like 'simple mate 45% of city fans will not be happy till Johnson is removed' & 'A manager who has scared off sky sports from televising city matches' is crazy, how can you possibly know?

I was gutted about Tuesday but stuff like this just happens, i've been a city fan for a long long time & trust me after 40+ years of supporting the might reds I'm getting used to the roller coaster ride!

& this is just my opinion but I reckon the way that GJ & SL have handled this is spot on, the club needs supporting more than ever at the moment which exactly what i'm gonna do

This is a text I recieved this afternoon from a Rovers fan... I have copied the text exactly for authenticity sake. The only thing I have changed is the f words. It's a family show afterall.

Ok here's a point for u. city fans are a ------- disgrace!an evening post survey suggests that 46% of fans think Gary Johnson should be sacked sacked following your defeat to Cardiff,are they ------- morons or what?he's by far the best manager u have had in years,and is not underperforming,the fact is u have overachieved for the past 3 seasons and now find yourself mid table with a mid table team in a hard league,what the p-ssing hell do they expect!?it's not as though he's spent 10's of millions,u should be ashamed to be associated with such moronic fans!

I haven't posted on this site for ages, but still read pretty often. The fact that some people are claiming that they have been "proved right" and that Johnson is a poor manager and should go has provoked me enough to pass this message on.

Basically these are the same people who said Johnson was a bad manager since he took over and wanted him out long before he took us to the brink of the Premier League. They have just been pursistant enough in their views for the inevitable bad spell on the pitch to back up their negativity.

The thing is that while in the grand scheme of things we are in a decent position, there is obviously something wrong at Ashton Gate right now; be that down to the players, the manager or the queen of Sheeba! My initial reaction after that defeat was that Johnson should go, not just for the result but for things like the signing of Agyemang, the bizarre tactics and the way he's sidelined our promising young players. HOWEVER, i think now he should be given a few more games; if he can get a reaction from the players and get some good performances over the next 3 or 4 games then he's proved that he still has what it takes. If he can't pick them up after this then he's probably lost the dressing room and needs to go

Either way, he does deserve more time because of how far he has taken us.

I'm another one who doesn't post on here much but when I read stuff like this i feel compelled to add my two peneth, i get so dismayed at people who post crap like this, (bet he reads the Daily Mail) constructive criticism should always be welcome but to say things like 'simple mate 45% of city fans will not be happy till Johnson is removed' & 'A manager who has scared off sky sports from televising city matches' is crazy, how can you possibly know?

I was gutted about Tuesday but stuff like this just happens, i've been a city fan for a long long time & trust me after 40+ years of supporting the might reds I'm getting used to the roller coaster ride!

& this is just my opinion but I reckon the way that GJ & SL have handled this is spot on, the club needs supporting more than ever at the moment which exactly what i'm gonna do

Well said that man.

Shall i continue?

englandsmile4wf.gif Yes but other than thatenglandsmile4wf.gif {who gives a toss what a sag thinks anyway?englandsmile4wf.gif

Take little notice of a Gas head if I was you and other fans for that matter because they no very little of what goes on at Ashton Gate. It not just about losing 6 -0 to Cardiif its much much more that and the problems at the club runs a lot deeper.

From a supporters point of view we have watched a dirge of football for the last two years I say two years because even the secound have of our play off season was a poor fair if people can remember. It was only when Trundle and Noble came back into the team we started playing good football again, we have had some good matches but they have been few and far between. We have played well when Gavin Williams have been in the centre of midfield in an attacking postion creating chances but just like other play makers like Trundle and Noble he has never been given a run in the team.

The style of football has been to negative and boring asking wingers like Sproule and Mckindo to tug and keep solid so these players have not been able to express themselves, take Sproule we started to see the best of him before Christmas he was given a bit more freedom and he became a real threat he scores a wonder goal against Leicester but where is he now an exciting player in form but can't get in the team is there a pattern in Garys team selection. I suggest there is he don't like players taking any glory for themselves he don't like star players maybe he feel threaten by name because he wants to be the story.

His attitude towards the fans also leaves a lot to be disired no one like to take critisim we a like to be told how great we but as a Manager of a football club having fans question you decisions and tactics comes with the territory its the joy of football that everyone is an expert and everyone has they own opinions. Gary seems unable to cope with this after all we do pay to have an opinion.

Gary rules the players with a rod of iron he is not a Manager to put his arm round some one they are more likely to get the hair dryer treatment which can work but after nearly five years of this maybe the players like the fans have heard it all before and that is why they are not responding.

Finally fans from other clubs does not have the interest of Bristol City at heart they are more interested in making cheap shots and digs at the club and espcially the supporters which is us who of course they hate.

Finally fans from other clubs does not have the interest of Bristol City at heart they are more interested in making cheap shots and digs at the club and espcially the supporters which is us who of course they hate.

Agree with most of what you're written....but....!

I didn't read the message from the G*shead as taking the piss. I read it as someone, from the outside, hitting the nail on the head. I've had similar chats with R*vers and Swindle mates over the last couple of months. I've also had plenty of pisstaking off them, I can tell the difference!

Archived