IGNORED

Johnson Resigned?!

WellRedPhil

I have just had a call from a mate of mine saying that GJ has stated on 3 different radio stations today, (Radio Bristol, Heart and Jack FM) that he offered his resignation on tuesday and Landsdown refused it and gave him his full backing. I can't find anything on the site about it or on the BBC site, but my mate was adamant that he heard this. Very interesting if true (which I believe because he wouldn't just lie like that) and also fascinating as to why he'd share this with everyone? Can anyone else clarify exactly what was said?

I have just had a call from a mate of mine saying that GJ has stated on 3 different radio stations today, (Radio Bristol, Heart and Jack FM) that he offered his resignation on tuesday and Landsdown refused it and gave him his full backing. I can't find anything on the site about it or on the BBC site, but my mate was adamant that he heard this. Very interesting if true (which I believe because he wouldn't just lie like that) and also fascinating as to why he'd share this with everyone? Can anyone else clarify exactly what was said?

I heard this somewhere as well, but SL told him to go away n think about it till after the boro game.

No its true as revealed on another thread. ......

Has anyone told SL this,. we better let him know sooner or later..

bloke down pub: Hey SL, rumor going round GJ has resigned..

SL: oh rly?

BDP: ya rly!

SL: was it posted on a forum?

BDP: yes, i believe so.

SL: but was it revealed on another thread?

BDP: i'm afraid so.

SL: well thats thats that then.

BDP: so it would seem....

SL: are you still here then?

BDP: yeps

SL: get out

No its true as revealed on another thread. ......Johnson told the players at half time that he was going to resign. He subsequently resigned but his resignation was refused.

You seriously think a manager would tell his players at half-time in a local derby that he was resigning because they played crap in the first half?????

That is priceless.

I heard the same thing on a non footie forum last night from a Leicster fan but i never really thought there was any substance in it because we havnt heard anything down here in the media

Yeah, them Leicester fams know everything they do. And they get right on my tits up here as well- they'te bleedin' everywhere!!

How would your mate know this if it were true? Was he hiding in Lansdowns office when GJ went in to see him?

I clearly stated this was second hand info and also clearly stated that I have not heard this myself. However this is a forum so I though I would post the topic as it was interesting. And yes I am well aware that this does not guarantee its truth and I am not for one minute suggesting this is fact.

Not going to reveal the very good inside source for obvious reasons, but GJ resigned at half time on Tuesday but has since been persuaded to stay.

His body language during the 2nd half spoke volumes.

Definately a very good point...

Or actually, the fact it was 0-4 and we had no hope.

Don't wanna spread rumours and all that but my trusted sources tells me Johnson wasn't happy during the 2nd half as we went into it 0-4 for starters.

Archived