IGNORED

Bcfc Shares

Dorset_Cider

Why oh why can we not seem to buy them

We hear a lot about Steve and how much money he puts in to the club, but it still seems that many of us are just not allowed to purchase shares in BCFC on the open market.

Come on Steve go 'Public' ?

And no I do not want to go down the Supporters Trust avenue.................. so don't even mention it.

Have you written to Burgess Salmon to see if anyone has placed an interest to sell there shares? Non PLC football teams very rarely have shares floating around. They tend to be bought up by fans, not for commercial gain but just to say they own a bit of there football club.

Scott did a big public offer in 96, that's when I got mine. Steve then did a big rights issue ?2000 and so few took it up that I received a letter thanking me for taking up my share and more.

I think the relative failure of that big rights issue flagged that the smaller shareholders were not a reliable source of capital so they haven't gone to the time and trouble of a public issuance since as it is time-consuming and expensive, especially if it is not a success.

Guest pogopete

Scott did a big public offer in 96, that's when I got mine. Steve then did a big rights issue ?2000 and so few took it up that I received a letter thanking me for taking up my share and more.

I think the relative failure of that big rights issue flagged that the smaller shareholders were not a reliable source of capital so they haven't gone to the time and trouble of a public issuance since as it is time-consuming and expensive, especially if it is not a success.

what is the going rate for shares?.

currently £34.95

Much as I would like that to be true it sounds way too high. There are over 8 million shares issued and paid so that would value the club at approaching £300m (and more importantly mine at £70k!).

If you give the club a valuation of £30m then it's £3.50 a share; though I think this is still an overvalue.

Archived