IGNORED

Peterborough Sack Boss Mark Cooper After 79 Days In Charge

alandicks

On the football league show they mentioned something about him having to deal with 'dressing room unrest', probably something to do with that.

Given his lack of experience at this level and the fact that they were already rock bottom when he was appointed, they might as well have given him a decent bash at promotion next season. Knee jerk indeed.

Mark Cooper sacked at Peterborough after only 79 days in the job.What a shambles.

Should teach us to watch for knee jerk reactions ??

How petty and pointless football is becoming fast becoming disgusted and disillusioned by the whole greedy,self obsessed lot of it ,what the hell do the Peterborough board expect in 7 weeks to sack Darren Ferguson was dumb enough but this is just bloody madness .Surely they went through some sort of vetting and interview procedure Johnson would been fired out months ago with the so called background player aggro and results ,no 2nd chance there to put things right then again proberly no 5 year contract either .

How petty and pointless football is becoming fast becoming disgusted and disillusioned by the whole greedy,self obsessed lot of it ,what the hell do the Peterborough board expect in 7 weeks to sack Darren Ferguson was dumb enough but this is just bloody madness .Surely they went through some sort of vetting and interview procedure Johnson would been fired out months ago with the so called background player aggro and results ,no 2nd chance there to put things right then again proberly no 5 year contract either .

It didnt work out because Barry Fry is an idiot. 3 players didnt turn up for training all last week with no excuse, Cooper fined them 2 weeks wages, they complained to Fry and he rescinded the fine! Cooper then kicked up a stink and had meetings with Fry and the Chairman. He was then sacked.

Why the chairman still has Fry working at the club is baffling.

It didnt work out because Barry Fry is an idiot. 3 players didnt turn up for training all last week with no excuse, Cooper fined them 2 weeks wages, they complained to Fry and he rescinded the fine! Cooper then kicked up a stink and had meetings with Fry and the Chairman. He was then sacked.

If thats true then its unbelievable. Can you imagine City players not turning up for training, Johnson fining them (rightly so) and SL rescinding it? :winner_third_h4h:

Feel very sorry for Cooper, sounds like a joke club that he's better off without.

If thats true then its unbelievable. Can you imagine City players not turning up for training, Johnson fining them (rightly so) and SL rescinding it? :winner_third_h4h:

Feel very sorry for Cooper, sounds like a joke club that he's better off without.

At least he will get a nice bit of compo which will set him up nicely for life.

Thank you for clearing that up for me i recall a few years ago the programme that followed him around tracing his time as Birmingham City manager ,then his various scrapes as Posh chairman scraping money together remortgaging his house bringing in celeb golf days ect because he didn't really have a clue what to do just another Cockney big mouth.... So looking at this latest co#k up it sounds like Mark Cooper is better off out .

Did anyone watch that Programme that featured Peterborough a few seasons ago when they brought Ron Atkinson in as consultant and they ended up bombing out the new Manager they had appointed? I wish Barry Fry would persuade his Chairman to offer me a three year contract at circa £150K per year - I reckon I could lever myself out of there with full payment of my contract well inside 79 days. Mark Cooper, if he can put his professional pride to one side, should be laughing on the other side of his face. He is a lot richer (even if they still have to pay him monthly) for doing no work and better off out of there.

Darragh MacAnthony the chairman is one of the shadiest businessmen I have ever had the misfortune to come across.

He made his money from selling overseas property with his company MRI.

MRI are renowned in the industry as being completely unscrupulous and were banned from most trade shows in the UK due to malpractices.

You can read more about him HERE

His sales staff were told to say whatever it took to get a sale from a customer and some of their clients have been left literally hundreds of thousands of pounds out of pocket because of their lies.

To be honest, im surprised that Posh have got this far under his Chairmanship and think that it was mainly down to Darren Ferguson they achieved what they have.

what's that got to do with anything?

six years managing tamworth and kettering doesn't count as experience

just because they are not league clubs?

there is a whole world of footballl outside the league

I'll tell you what its got to do with as its not obvious to you.

There is a whole world of difference, in terms of experience, in managing a non league side and then being thrust into a position as manager of a championship side that is struggling at the foot of the table, with a third of the season gone. If you cant see that then there is no point in saying any more.

Archived