IGNORED

Basso

Dan Of The Dolman

As of writing this it seems Basso is still a City player. The way I see it the club have 3 options. Firstly play him or at least put him on the bench as I would rather see Basso on the bench than Collis. Secondly GJ,Lansdown and Basso decide between them that a mutal termination suits all parties and let him go his own way or thirdly pay him off and rip up his contract. He will go on a free anyway so why waste his wages if he is not going to play.

I'm guessing SL & GJ believe they've done the right thing to date in respect of Basso.

The only way they'd let him go, I believe, is

1) Let him move elsewhere, so that the wages are off the books - outside of City's control until a club comes in.

2) Let him rip up his contract to get him off the books. Basso would never do this as he won't throw even more money away (in addition to the disastrous effect on his career earning potential during this fiasco).

Whilst it seems everyone is resigned to the fact nobody else wants him, City can still exercise control over the player which I'm sure p*sses Basso off no end.

He's obviously not for the future so GJ will not play him again now we have extra cover.

I'm genuinely surprised that nobody has even enquired about him, though I suspect wages could be an issue for likely interested parties. It hasn't even got that far though.

Maybe his whole attitude and demeanour of the situation has gone against him, clubs may not want that type of player.

That's exactly it.

His behaviour is questionable to be polite, you might even say unstable. His ability is sound, but no one will take risks on players like that, especially between the sticks and especially at this level. Not that GJ ever had any enquires about him from any club at any level anyway...

Basso, love him for his services in the past, but bloody hell, way to go from hero to zero for no reason at all. :doh:

A1 Fruit loop imo. :yes:

As of writing this it seems Basso is still a City player. The way I see it the club have 3 options. Firstly play him or at least put him on the bench as I would rather see Basso on the bench than Collis. Secondly GJ,Lansdown and Basso decide between them that a mutal termination suits all parties and let him go his own way or thirdly pay him off and rip up his contract. He will go on a free anyway so why waste his wages if he is not going to play.

Pay off = wages? Pay off, more or less, than sum of wages? It may be cheaper to keep him and let him rot. Why has no one shown any interest in him?

if you pay off his contract and sent him on his way he would still get the same amount of money as if he stayed and picks up his wages every week so it wouldn't save us any money the fact he still hasn't found a club really shows basso has shot himself in the foot who is going to want a 35yr old keeper who hasn't played for a whole season

Pay off = wages? Pay off, more or less, than sum of wages? It may be cheaper to keep him and let him rot. Why has no one shown any interest in him?

May be cheaper to keep him but is he the sort of person you want around the club full stop with his attitude. It isn't going to bother him if he isn't playing it seems, he should be training with the youngsters as well. If we get a run together and look like making the play-offs you can see him running to the chairman's office with his tail between his legs begging for mercy.

May be cheaper to keep him but is he the sort of person you want around the club full stop with his attitude. It isn't going to bother him if he isn't playing it seems, he should be training with the youngsters as well. If we get a run together and look like making the play-offs you can see him running to the chairman's office with his tail between his legs begging for mercy.

hasn't he already tried to clear the air with gj and sl and been told to piss off

I convinced myself if James & Bergovic went from Portsmouth today that they would have been in for Basso. Bergovic to Stoke may still be on tho.

As I type Lee Miller is now at Boro.

That's what I was thinking. Basso would be a good back up keeper and the wages would be pretty cheap for thier standard (Utaka is on 80K a week!)

the man is a total tool and has definately shot himself in the foot. I believe he has been misadvised by his agent to where we are now at the point where it appears his issue is non resolvable.

It is a sad situation when a professional player adored by his fans is willing to sit on the bench because of his stubborn pride and not willing too admit he made a mistake.

is not a good thing for dressing room harmony either with him sulking away

I wonder if Bassos attitude would suddenly change if Johnson were to leave his post as manager (resign/sacked) before the season finishes.

From what I gather, its more a problem Basso has with Johnson rather than the club itself.

Thats just how I "gather" it but I would add an "s"

No one knows what ACTUALLY has happened, let's wait what happens when he leaves, I am sure the TRUTH will come out then.

"Was it Bill or was it Ben :dunno: I expect the little weed knows something about it, dont you;"

(for the young ones on here, this quoted was taken from an old childrens show, back way before you were here)

How many times have you seen Collis play then?

and you think that a player who it would appear nobody wants, will walk away from being paid for doing bugger all, you don't understand modern footballers at all.

How many times have you seen Collis play then?

I used to live in Yeovil and have seen Collis play a couple of times, very rare that he would displace Weale though. He was also 3rd choice at Crewe Alexandra of League Two behind Steve Phillips and another keeper. If Collis could not displace Phillips from the side, it doesn't feel me with confidence. I know who I would rather have on the bench any day out of Collis and Basso.

I used to live in Yeovil and have seen Collis play a couple of times, very rare that he would displace Weale though. He was also 3rd choice at Crewe Alexandra of League Two behind Steve Phillips and another keeper. If Collis could not displace Phillips from the side, it doesn't feel me with confidence. I know who I would rather have on the bench any day out of Collis and Basso.

:disapointed2se: Its absolutely rediculous the best goalkeeper we have should be playing; end of; and thats BASSO :disapointed2se:

yes ridiculous the great keeper who is fighting off clubs trying to sign him with a light sabre FFS.

Quite. Interesting that some people's default setting is that the club (including Steve btw) is lying and Basso has been wronged, yet as you say nobody seems to be interested in him.:disapointed2se:Given his undoubted ability and the fact that keepers can go on for years these days that does seem odd.

Archived