IGNORED

Johnson On Twentypence

CotswoldRed

Trollope had an incredibly easy ride last week. It was so uneventful, unchallenging, and tedious it was impossible to maintain concentration.

After the defeat to Wycombe there were a series of irate Rovers moaners phoning in, none of whom apparently managed to get on air the night before.

The outcome seemed to be (I drifted off) an unbalanced love-in with barely a word of criticism. Hopefully there'll be some interesting, early dialling, first time City callers on Friday - even one or two of the most outspoken on here - whichever camp they're in.

If you're going to get the manager in for a fans phone-in, there really should be a representative cross-section of opinion to make it worthwhile.

They ask you what question you want to ask, so it's formulated to suit:

obviously the best way around that's is to give them one question then, hit them with a different question when on air.

I can't get radio Bristol and to be honest am quite glad, BBC stands for bluebird broadcasting cretins in south Wales so I tend to boycott watching the BBC, as they are politically biased and Cardiff City obsessed.

You could try having a few weeks off if i'm honest.

Well, you're a City fan so you could at least stop wishing "all our teams all the best for the weekend."

Couldn't you add, "except the gas, of course, who I hate with a ******* passion and I hope *add opponents* give them a bloody thrashing of Joe Payne proportions tomorrow" or something along those lines.innocent06.gif

Some of the key whingers will phone in, but lets face it, its not everyone's cup of tea phoning up a live broadcast radio station.

Shame - it's a show that is crying out for honest comment and feedback - not boot lickers. I feel this about Geoff's show every Saturday - there are some very eloquent posters on here who would be ideal for his show. Fair play to GJ for agreeing to a phone-in when things are not going great.

will be interesting to see if the more critical posters on here have the balls to ring up and ask him questions outright.

IT will be a waste of time if the Trollope session is anything to go by it wasn't until the following day after the wycombe game that at least 2 rang up saying they wanted to grill him with some serious questions but couldn't get on.. Even Twentyman turned round and had a go at 1 city fan who rang in to say what he thought about that we couldn't beat a poor 10 man Boro side ,after letting in 6 against Cardiff City Twentyman thought that this was some kind of great result

and more or less told him to shut up. Johnson went back to the dull negative football to grind out a point and yet again no goals scored.

IT will be a waste of time if the Trollope session is anything to go by it wasn't until the following day after the wycombe game that at least 2 rang up saying they wanted to grill him with some serious questions but couldn't get on.. Even Twentyman turned round and had a go at 1 city fan who rang in to say what he thought about that we couldn't beat a poor 10 man Boro side ,after letting in 6 against Cardiff City Twentyman thought that this was some kind of great result

and more or less told him to shut up. Johnson went back to the dull negative football to grind out a point and yet again no goals scored.

So why don't these people ever turn up to the Q & A's with Johnson either then? There was one after the 4-1 loss at West Brom at AG, and again not many supposedly 'tricky' questions asked. On that other thread people like Greebo are bringing up questions that were asked that evening and they think these are tough questions. Johnson's response as to why Henderson and Akinde aren't getting a chance is entirely predictable, I could draft the answers for him now.

As for the question about resignation, I could answer that but it would be removed rather speedily

So why don't these people ever turn up to the Q & A's with Johnson either then? There was one after the 4-1 loss at West Brom at AG, and again not many supposedly 'tricky' questions asked. On that other thread people like Greebo are bringing up questions that were asked that evening and they think these are tough questions. Johnson's response as to why Henderson and Akinde aren't getting a chance is entirely predictable, I could draft the answers for him now.

As for the question about resignation, I could answer that but it would be removed rather speedily

I suppose the trick is to ask the question in such a way that an entirely predictable response does not answer the question. I would prefer it if the Radio Bristol Commentators and Evening Post Journalists asked a few tough questions on behalf of the fans. Many of us are too busy to attend Q&A sessions on weekday evenings and phone in radio stations on a Friday night (I have a 100 mile round trip to take my lad to his Academy football training so why would I give phoning Twentypence a seconds thought?).

They ask you what question you want to ask, so it's formulated to suit:

obviously the best way around that's is to give them one question then, hit them with a different question when on air.

I can't get radio Bristol and to be honest am quite glad, BBC stands for bluebird broadcasting cretins in south Wales so I tend to boycott watching the BBC, as they are politically biased and Cardiff City obsessed.

It's online i believe mate. bbc.co.uk/radiobristol

It is somewhat ironic that the very same people who are meant to moderate on this forum, are getting involved in a personal bitchfest with other members.

Maybe people should stick to the topic of the post.

I've phoned Geoffrey in the past to have a say, if you don't like listening to him or his regular callers it might be best to either not listen or phone in yourself to comment.

Jeez

• Admin

It is somewhat ironic that the very same people who are meant to moderate on this forum, are getting involved in a personal bitchfest with other members.

Maybe people should stick to the topic of the post.

I've phoned Geoffrey in the past to have a say, if you don't like listening to him or his regular callers it might be best to either not listen or phone in yourself to comment.

Jeez

But what if you're (described as others as) a "happy clappy" but would like some of Johnson's harsher critics on here to actually address their concerns direct to the man rather than just whining on here?

Archived