IGNORED

Is It Dodgy

Red Robin

Reading around the forums it seems that it is quite dogey up there with city fans getting a kicking last time.

If it like the bar-stewards at Middlesborough it is going to be a dogey day out it seems.

Anybody experianced problems there.

I can only speak from experience.

I went to the league game and had a great day. No grief from the police, no grief from the natives. Parked right around the corner from the ground. Decent pub down by the marina. Wurzels playing on the CD player in the pub. Fantastic Tinnion goal. Win the game.

Decent day in my book. Can't wait till Saturday.

I did however hear of a few lads in ones & twos getting picked off on their way back to the train station. Bearing in mind a 6PM kick-off means many fans (home & away) will have spent an afternoon in the boozer I would expect their to be perhaps a little more tension, but its not exactly Cardiff though is it ??

Reading around the forums it seems that it is quite dogey up there with city fans getting a kicking last time.

If it like the bar-stewards at Middlesborough it is going to be a dogey day out it seems.

your joking right? :grr::dunno::):grr::ph34r:

sorry :ph34r::ph34r:

:D:D:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

no hartlepool ain't dodgy :ph34r:

not sure where you heard this.

I also can only talk from experience but I thought Hartlepool were one of the most welcoming and friendly places I have ever been with football. Also quite a nice place around the marina etc (not far from ground).

I think most people had similar experience to me.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I would go steady on saturday - I have been told fans of another club will be about.

Probably nonsense but better to be safe than sorry.

I went to the league game had a great day bit of banter with some kids at half time whilst getting a cuppa. Went in the supporters club beforehand and was a good day. I ddi hear though after the game there was the odd scuffle but didn't see anything except loads of police about so just be careful

Guest bristolbred

My sister lives in Peterlee, just up the road. 10, 15 years ago, you'd be a target just by speaking with a different accent, as yobs from the mining villages with nothing better to do, hated it if you came from down south, or they thought that you had more money than them!!, :ph34r:

but the mines have gone, the yobs have left, and the whole area is more welcoming, and Hartlepool isn't too bad an area. :)

If you like real ale, a couple of pubs worth going to are the "Causeway" by Sranton Church, ( pray for a win, and have a pint as well!), :Party3:

or "Jackson's Wharf" at the Marina, and not too far from the ground!!. :Party12:

I'm stopping off in York on the way up, and making a grand day out of it!! :grr:

And don't mention Monkey's or the French, as they can't tell 'em apart up there!!. :grr:

"COME ON YOU REDS!!!!". :dunno:

:ph34r:

Archived