IGNORED

Team Vs Coventry

reddogkev

Sorry pete I am with Nibor on this.

JFKerton take Maynard out and replace him with who, look at our goals scored ratio it's awful, it's to do with service, most of Maynards goals have been created by him, testament to the quality of player he has become.

If had some decent service and a settled partnership, rather than a different strikepartner every week then we

may see NM flourish even more.

Humping balls up to him from

full back is not the way to get the best out of your striker unless he is a lump, which he isn't.

If you want to bring service into the equation, which i think it is a valid part then i believe saborio and clarkson would be scoring as many as maynard, if they had decent service. If you don't have the service then the strikers will struggle to score, whether or not they can create chances for themselves.

Maynard has created most of goals himself, saborio has started a good percentage since he's been here, personally I don't think he has looked particularly interested, my 2 up top would be Nicky and Big John, one big strong and awkward the other quicky and tricky, with a great shot and ability to create something out of nothing.

Two full backs playing centre half, our weakest midfielder in the side ahead of three better players, a complete unknown in goal who hasn't played a competitive game for four months and in the one game he played this season conceded FIVE in league one, Agyemang starting and a formation we haven't tried yet?

Yeah, great side!

Here's mine:

---------------------------Basso--------------------

-Orr----------Carey-----------Fontaine-----McAllister-

Sproule------Hartley-------Skuse------Campbell-Ryce

---------------Saborio-------Maynard----------------

Gerken

Nyatanga

Ribeiro

Elliott

Sno

Clarkson

Akinde

That wouldn't be mine, 4-4-2 didn't work against cardiff with Skuse and hartley in the middle with that back 4 behind them and Maynard does not deserve to start at the mo, also Akindie is not here nor is Riberio and basso is not going to play for us again get over it : mine would be

.....................................Gerkin.................................

........Orr ...Carey ... Fonts ..... Nyatanga

............... Hartley ... Sno .... Skuse...........................

Sproule ..................................................... Cambell R

....................... Agyemang..............................

SuBs:

Collis

Johnson

McCallister

Elliot

Clarkson

Haynes

Maynard

-------------------------------Gerken

-----Orr----------Carey--------------Nyatanga---------McAllister

-------------------Hartley-----------Sno

------Sproule-----------Williams----------Haynes

--------------------------Maynard

(assuming JCR and Skuse unfit)

subs. Collis,Fontaine,McCombe,Elliott,Johnson,Clarkson,Saborio.

looking thru everyone's teams and it does pose a question - what has happened to Marvin Elliot? There was a day when I would have put him as 1 of the first names on the team sheet, but now he only features on pretty much everyone's sub bench. Where is the powerful, goal scoring midfielder from our 1st season in this division?

Archived