IGNORED

David Clarkson

Bcfc-Chris

No disrespect but Exeter Reserves to championship is a big jump been to the reserves games at the Gate this year and apart from Plymouth who destroyed us the standard of opponent has been very poor. But on the other hand you can only score against whats in front of you he's got to be given a chance but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's again on the bench come Saturday.

Biggest mystery of the season for me.

Bags of potential, looked good against QPR at home in August, cost £800k yet just cannot get a look in...and to top things off GJ goes and gets Agyemang. Baffling.

Johnson has said Clarkson was ill and that his natural fitness is poor but surely now with 90 mins under his belt he should be challenging for a starting place.

In terms of playing style he reminds me of Brooker, get him in the team Johnson for fux sake

Biggest mystery of the season for me.

Bags of potential, looked good against QPR at home in August, cost £800k yet just cannot get a look in...and to top things off GJ goes and gets Agyemang. Baffling.

Johnson has said Clarkson was ill and that his natural fitness is poor but surely now with 90 mins under his belt he should be challenging for a starting place.

In terms of playing style he reminds me of Brooker, get him in the team Johnson for fux sake

not for me. cant see anything in him at all. no pace, strength or skill for me. i feel GJ has reealised this as well. shame he couldnt see it before spending 800k on him. was expecting him to be loaned back to scotland in january. im 95% sure wev'e got another styvar on our hands. but if he proves me wrong and get in the side and starts bagging some goals i'll be more than happy. just cant see it.

not for me. cant see anything in him at all. no pace, strength or skill for me. i feel GJ has reealised this as well. shame he couldnt see it before spending 800k on him. was expecting him to be loaned back to scotland in january. im 95% sure wev'e got another styvar on our hands. but if he proves me wrong and get in the side and starts bagging some goals i'll be more than happy. just cant see it.

Not a great deal of pace but strength and skill yes, along with a football brain. When Clarkson has the ball at feet he looks like a player, Styvar was utterly clueless.

Were you at the QPR home game? He was pivotal in a cracking first half performance regarded by most as our best attacking performance of the season so far. Not a coincidence in my opinion.

All that said, I wouldn't be suprised to see him move on...but I think for fitness reasons, not ability.

Were you at the QPR home game? He was pivotal in a cracking first half performance regarded by most as our best attacking performance of the season so far. Not a coincidence in my opinion.

I don't think it was a coincidence either. He was one of the best players on the pitch against a strong Wolves team in pre season linking the midfield and attack brilliantly. There's still a lot more to come from DC I'm sure, he's just got to have a run of games to get his confidence back up. Having said that I can't see it happening at the moment with all the options Johnson has upfront.

Clarkson looked to me to have touch, awareness and lots of smarts around the box as well as able to finish. He looked very poor on confidence however. I can't help thinking there was some other problem that isn't public.

From what little I've seen of him he looks like an intelligent player. The 'problem' is probably to do with the fact that he's hardly ever played. He has in fact only completed one game in the FLC since he's been here, against QPR, has played a grand total of 469 minutes, mostly as a bit-part player , and has sat on the bench as an unused sub. on 13 occasions. Now I'm sure the money comes in handy but from his perspective, in terms of his career, the move must seem like a complete disaster and he must be thoroughly cheesed off. Was he actually scouted before he was signed, did we know what kind of player we were getting, or was he, as another poster put it a couple of days back, just another striker for the manager's Panini Sticker Book ?

Missed QPR, saw him vs Watford, got into good positions but was very poor with what he did there. Awful passing, awful touch and very slow.

Styvar was much more promising and Saborio remains so.

I don't doubt that Clarkson has ability else we wouldn't have signed him. He's a decent bloke by all accounts, has settled in to Bristol and I hope he can get his game face on soon.

Lightacandle - did you see Saborio's goals and how was Sno? I'm concerned the latter isn't playing.

... did you see Saborio's goals and how was Sno? I'm concerned the latter isn't playing.

From the highlights it looked very much like Sno had the defensive midfield role. This is the one he played when impressing so much for Ajax in that friendly and one in which he has not been given a chance in for the first team. Could it be Gary will be giving this a go? I hope so as I'm not 100% sure about Hartley's defensive capabilities, Marvin seems right off the boil this season and Skuse seems to excel when being able to utilise his energy and stamina.

After reading this report

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/educationplus/home/Clarkson-star-Bristol-City-says-Motherwell-boss-Malpas/article-1137993-detail/article.html

I was really excited about signing him. As it is though he's not getting a sniff at the moment.

Maybe we'll all get a suprise on Saturday and he'll start?fingerscrossed.gif

His perfomances against QPR and Preston showed he is a quality player. As others have said shortly after the QPR game (i think) was when he had that illness and it seems to have completly messed up his fitness.

I would like to see him get a run of games tbh, weather it happens or not remains to be scene.

Archived