IGNORED

Gj Qoute In Todays Wdp.

Portland Bill

In todays Western Daily Press Gary Johnson was talking about how he only made one change at Boro after the Cardiff game.

He is quoted as saying, "you cant change your team week in week out and expect to get any sort of consistency"speechless-smiley-040.gif Am i going mad or is it exactly the opposite that he has done week in week out over the last 18 monthsyes.gif , and the lack of playing a settled side is why we are inconsistant.

Every game its been a guessing game to see whose in and whose out of the team and this week is no different.

I think that is our main problem, Each week sees us play with different players and formations, In our play off season he attributed our success to keeping more or less teh same side every week so what has changed?

I honestly believe he doesn't have a clue what his best 11 is and what his preferred formations and tactics are and that worries me.

I would also like him to forget about stopping the opponents and get us playing our own game, Especially at home and let the other team worry about us.

I think that is our main problem, Each week sees us play with different players and formations, In our play off season he attributed our success to keeping more or less teh same side every week so what has changed?

I honestly believe he doesn't have a clue what his best 11 is and what his preferred formations and tactics are and that worries me.

I would also like him to forget about stopping the opponents and get us playing our own game, Especially at home and let the other team worry about us.

Nail on the head there....

What happened to us? During our first season in the CCC we were labelled by many as the "Arsenal of the Championship". We were playing a really good passing game and no one liked playing us, nowadays its negative tactics and swapping players every game...

I particularly agree with the last sentence.

All I can think of is that we've not been able to have a settled team because we've not had a decent run to merit sticking with the same team. Either that or Benitez-itis has infected GJ?

The man can't win can he. He's tried to vary it up this season trying new formations giving people a chance to show what they can do. Maybe that went on for to long but not in gj's mind He then realises that the only way to steady the ship is to keep some consistencey and yet still the fans moan. Poor man can do no right. If we stuck with four four two all season and the same players we'd all be moaning that he never varys things

Ivan Sproule had possibly his best game at Ashton Gate against Preston, next home game Versus Cardiff he cant get in the team!! Johnson doesnt know his best team and doesnt know his best formation, a crazy situation 30 games into the season.

I agree with that 100%

Ivan Sproule had possibly his best game at Ashton Gate against Preston, next home game Versus Cardiff he cant get in the team!! Johnson doesnt know his best team and doesnt know his best formation, a crazy situation 30 games into the season.

I could be wrong but I thought he was injured.

Nail on the head there....

What happened to us? During our first season in the CCC we were labelled by many as the "Arsenal of the Championship". We were playing a really good passing game and no one liked playing us, nowadays its negative tactics and swapping players every game...

My God, if I read that "Arsenal of the Championship" quote one more time I will scream. I bet you won't be able to find even ONE occasion when we were described in that way.

My God, if I read that "Arsenal of the Championship" quote one more time I will scream. I bet you won't be able to find even ONE occasion when we were described in that way.

Quite. It is utter bollocks. It's used loads for others, never us.

Nov 2007 & April 2008: West Brom and again West Brom

April 2009: Swansea

November 2009: QPR

January 2010: Doncaster

Only times I can see us are through results from OTIB!

He is quoted as saying, "you cant change your team week in week out and expect to get any sort of consistency"speechless-smiley-040.gif Am i going mad or is it exactly the opposite that he has done week in week out over the last 18 monthsyes.gif , and the lack of playing a settled side is why we are inconsistant.

Every game its been a guessing game to see whose in and whose out of the team and this week is no different.

Let's hope what many of us have been saying for a while has dawned on him then.

We need to have a consistent back four and stop swapping players in and out on a whim, stop changing systems just to try and counter the oppostion, and pick players to fit the system we settle on no vice versa.

Will Gary do that now? Sadly I doubt it. He's got a big unbalanced and expensive squad and he's trying to keep people happy.

Our squad seems to be a box of straws he is picking from each week, which is either added to or some taken away from, to add to his variety of selections :disapointed2se:

Archived