IGNORED

Stadium Just Got Planning Green Light...

Martyn Hocking

The planning officer for Bristol City Council has today posted his report on the detailed stadium planning application that will be considered on Feb 10th. Many of you probably haven't got time to read it all, because I know you've more interested in sacking GJ, but his report is hugely supportive of the project and considers 99% of the club's revisions and proposals 'acceptable'. See the 'Stadium' thread above for a link. tumbleweed.gif

The planning officer for Bristol City Council has today posted his report on the detailed stadium planning application that will be considered on Feb 10th. Many of you probably haven't got time to read it all, because I know you've more interested in sacking GJ, but his report is hugely supportive of the project and considers 99% of the club's revisions and proposals 'acceptable'. See the 'Stadium' thread above for a link. tumbleweed.gif

Its not Bristol council that is the problem, Its north simpleset council. Until they decide sense and get into 21st century nothing is agreed.

Guest Red Nee Tot

Yes -- But what about the other 1 %

Its not Bristol council that is the problem, Its north simpleset council. Until they decide sense and get into 21st century nothing is agreed.

Oi..! I happen to live in North Simpleset as you call it. If you watched the original planning meeting with The Bristol Council it was like pulling teeth it was hardly cutting edge stuff. They are in my opinion all full of out of touch and overpaid pompous people.

Guest AJ Sylvester

Stadium didn't just get planning green light unfortunately. Not quite as simple as that. It is positive, though.

Last time round the planning officers recommended approval but it still took hours of debate and a split vote for them to give it the green light. Still, to see the officers again say it's good and say they believe the outstanding issues have been resolved bodes very well for the new stadium. For Bristol City Council to turn it down now would be utter madness...but I don't think it's a given as I have no doubt that all the no protesters will be there on the night putting pressure on the councillors. Next Wednesday will clearly be a massive night for the club.

North Somerset are the other major hurdle of course but neither can be taken as more or less important than the other. Two massive hurdles to get over yet and either one could potentially cause a major problem.

Stadium didn't just get planning green light unfortunately. Not quite as simple as that. It is positive, though.

Last time round the planning officers recommended approval but it still took hours of debate and a split vote for them to give it the green light. Still, to see the officers again say it's good and say they believe the outstanding issues have been resolved bodes very well for the new stadium. For Bristol City Council to turn it down now would be utter madness...but I don't think it's a given as I have no doubt that all the no protesters will be there on the night putting pressure on the councillors. Next Wednesday will clearly be a massive night for the club.

North Somerset are the other major hurdle of course but neither can be taken as more or less important than the other. Two massive hurdles to get over yet and either one could potentially cause a major problem.

Very true but if you read the officer's report (all 54 pages of it!) it is clear City have put in a huge amount of detailed work to address everything from pedestrian access to water drainage and lighting issues that could have tripped us up.

Of course the councillors will huff and puff on the night but they will have to work hard to find a lot in the planning officer's report to beat City with.

North Somerset now hold two aces, though - one on the question of the access road and a new one relating to car parking and park-and-ride options for fans that the officer has made an issue. These are likely to be our biggest hurdles.

Thankfully the general election won't trip us up by the look of things - Secretary of State will only get until early March to raise any objections before we get full permission to get building. clapping.gif

Archived