IGNORED

Looking Forward To Tomorrow?

Nogbad the Bad

Back to Ashton Gate it is then for fans and players.

As we assemble before the match ( those of us that do!) and survey the pitch the memories of ignominious defeat, just 11 days ago, will be fresh in our minds. The disastrously embarrassing result as our team caved in to Cardiff, the sight of our fellow BCFC fans storming furiously out of the ground and hurling programmes on to the pitch in disgust in ill-disguised fury. Or simply sitting there in shell-shocked head shaking silence as the goals flew in and our Bristol City team looked a shambles, and the Cardiff fans celebrated at Ashton Gate like never before.

Then there's the players, back to the scene of their crime, lining up in the tunnel. A shameful performance to put behind them - the boos, unrest and shouts of abuse (that must have easily carried to their ears in a near silent ground) will still be ringing in their ears. Immense pressure to put on a performance, show pride in the shirt and win back the confidence and goodwill of the disillusioned fans with a convincing, winning display.

The fans will be right behind the players at the start and, strange as it may seem, I'd expect one of the best receptions of the season when they emerge from the tunnel. The pressure's on for all of us, on and off the pitch, and the first 20 minutes will be vital. Start well and score first and it should be a happy outcome and the start of a healing process between players and fans, with renewed faith in our boys and restored optimism for the rest of the season.

Start nervously and concede early and all the frailties of the players, and the latent disappointment and discontent of the fans could rise to the surface again.

If they can't put it right and we lose at home again, many fans will be looking very nervously at the wrong end of the table and confidence in the dressing room may start to ebb away.

We can play our part, to an extent, with positive support, but in reality there's only so much we can do.

Really, it's up to the players to come out of the tunnel with a grim determination to exorcise those Cardiff demons with a battling, winning performance and get the fans back onside.

Lets just hope each and every one of them is up to the task, I for one am looking forward to finding out.

Coventry`s record against us aint great and they have lost Best. They no doubt will sit back for half hour and hold what they have; we should have enough speed and talent to win this one :o though.

Morrison, Eastwood and Mccindoe will take any chances we give them and its possible that we could cock it up; Easiest game this month i.m.o. its one we have to win 3-1 to the Bristol boys :unsure: but a draw could happen :nono:

As we assemble before the match ( those of us that do!) and survey the pitch the memories of ignominious defeat, just 11 days ago, will be fresh in our minds. The disastrously embarrassing result as our team caved in to Cardiff, the sight of our fellow BCFC fans storming furiously out of the ground and hurling programmes on to the pitch in disgust in ill-disguised fury. Or simply sitting there in shell-shocked head shaking silence as the goals flew in and our Bristol City team looked a shambles, and the Cardiff fans celebrated at Ashton Gate like never before.

Then there's the players, back to the scene of their crime, lining up in the tunnel. A shameful performance to put behind them - the boos, unrest and shouts of abuse (that must have easily carried to their ears in a near silent ground) will still be ringing in their ears. Immense pressure to put on a performance, show pride in the shirt and win back the confidence and goodwill of the disillusioned fans with a convincing, winning display.

The fans will be right behind the players at the start and, strange as it may seem, I'd expect one of the best receptions of the season when they emerge from the tunnel. The pressure's on for all of us, on and off the pitch, and the first 20 minutes will be vital. Start well and score first and it should be a happy outcome and the start of a healing process between players and fans, with renewed faith in our boys and restored optimism for the rest of the season.

Start nervously and concede early and all the frailties of the players, and the latent disappointment and discontent of the fans could rise to the surface again.

If they can't put it right and we lose at home again, many fans will be looking very nervously at the wrong end of the table and confidence in the dressing room may start to ebb away.

We can play our part, to an extent, with positive support, but in reality there's only so much we can do.

Really, it's up to the players to come out of the tunnel with a grim determination to exorcise those Cardiff demons with a battling, winning performance and get the fans back onside.

Lets just hope each and every one of them is up to the task, I for one am looking forward to finding out.

Quality post.

Feeling very positive about today, 3.1 to the City

My 10 year old son just said to me that he doesnt want to go today, "its boring" are his words! Ive got be honest,i'm not exactly excited about going!

For the first time in living memory i have decided not to go today, not because i cant go but because i dont want to. I never thought i would see the day but here i am on my sofa and not in the pub.

I was injured in a car accident last may, today I managed only an hour of being up before having to go to bed as my back was spasming, causing me agony, however I am so

ewhat glad that I can't go to Ashton Gate and endure the pain of watching City.

I was injured in a car accident last may, today I managed only an hour of being up before having to go to bed as my back was spasming, causing me agony, however I am so

ewhat glad that I can't go to Ashton Gate and endure the pain of watching City.

I hope your back gets better. However with your attitude, your support can't be missed today!!!!

City till you die hey.... You've seen better and worse times before. When the going gets tough.... Enjoy your sofa

Well, i've only missed about 4 maybe 5 games home and away all season but hey i must be a gashead.

Tell me the last time you enjoyed watching a game at AG this season apart from Preston?

Well, i've only missed about 4 maybe 5 games home and away all season but hey i must be a gashead.

Tell me the last time you enjoyed watching a game at AG this season apart from Preston?

I didn't enjoy Cardiff it we were very poor.

Watford was exciting, but I was gutted at the end.

Reading/Ipswich, nothing to right home about

Sheff Utd, fairly good, but poor defending

Sheff Wed - not great

Plymouth was good

Peterborough - good, but gutted at end

Blackpool was good

S****hopre was ok

Borough was pretty decent

QPR/Palace were good wins

I enjoy going to all games, Cardiff wasn't the one I left accepting was I saw as enjoyment. I've seen City play better (in lower leagues), I've seen City play worse (in lower leagues). We are where I feel we should be - mid table. We are often difficult to beat.

When you see the clubs above us, apart from Blackpool/Swansea, they all spend more, probably pay bigger wages, have more £ to spend. There are many clubs below below who spend more and have bigger wages and have more money.

Anyway must go now.

cheers

Coventry`s record against us aint great and they have lost Best. They no doubt will sit back for half hour and hold what they have; we should have enough speed and talent to win this one :o though.

Morrison, Eastwood and Mccindoe will take any chances we give them and its possible that we could cock it up; Easiest game this month i.m.o. its one we have to win 3-1 to the Bristol boys :unsure:but a draw could happen :nono:

:disapointed2se: a stay of execution I suppose; its a matter of time now

You seem like ud have been happier with a defeat?

If you look a bit further up you will see I hoped for a 3-1 win today, but thought we may cock it up, and a draw would be dissapointing.

We have many more tougher games than todays from now till end of season and we end this tough month at Ipswich who are just one place above relegation and 7pts behind us.

Your statement is rediculous, you would relise that, if you new how many grounds and games I`ve seen over the past 40 plus yrs.

We are in trouble and dropping down the league, some strangely seemingly wish to ignore that fact :disapointed2se:

Archived