IGNORED

Expiring Contracts In Summer

Barneyredballs

I expect they have had contract extensions, but I'm not sure about Carey/Johnson/Sproule. Anyone?

Sproule signed an extension last summer alongside Skuse, I'll guess it was more than 1 year. Not a clue about the others, there are probably lots of extensions done behind the scenes that we don't hear about.

Anyone got a definitive list?

If you have great, if not this is what I believe:

Basso

Trundle

Collis

B.Wilson

Williams

Loan deals

Sno

Saborio

Agyemang

Velicklia

I expect they have had contract extensions, but I'm not sure about Carey/Johnson/Sproule. Anyone?

Based on the impact the above mentioned players have on the first team, looks like a perfect opportunity to get rid of most or all if possible, slice the wage budget and open the door for the younger lads here. Bit of a spring clean so to speak (in summer :laugh:)

Brian Wilson got an extension last summer, not sure how long but would guess 2 years.

LJ got an extension the year before and I expect is out of contract summer 2011.

Stupid really seeing as he played hardly any time in a city shirt.. But.. If it says so on the Loan Agreement!!

He got injured playing for us, just bad luck really.

Brian Wilson got an extension last summer, not sure how long but would guess 2 years.

LJ got an extension the year before and I expect is out of contract summer 2011.

He got injured playing for us, just bad luck really.

Bad luck that it happened but not bad luck that we didn't have some kind of cover in the loan agreement. You just need a basic back-up clause like "If through injury the player is unfit to start more than 6 games than the wages contribution for the period of the loan will be reduced by 50%".

I do contracts and part of it is thinking about how it could wrong and protecting yourself if it does; 95% of the time these are just unread unused clauses. I would assume that the standard loan agreement comes from the loaning club (Rangers) and that we have our own standard agreement when we loan out . It is then somebody's job (Sexstone?) to go through the two ticking off the clauses and if they're not doing this then why not?

Bad luck that it happened but not bad luck that we didn't have some kind of cover in the loan agreement. You just need a basic back-up clause like "If through injury the player is unfit to start more than 6 games than the wages contribution for the period of the loan will be reduced by 50%".

I do contracts and part of it is thinking about how it could wrong and protecting yourself if it does; 95% of the time these are just unread unused clauses. I would assume that the standard loan agreement comes from the loaning club (Rangers) and that we have our own standard agreement when we loan out . It is then somebody's job (Sexstone?) to go through the two ticking off the clauses and if they're not doing this then why not?

You're assuming that such a clause would be acceptable to the club loaning him to us - why should it be? Especially if common practise is otherwise. They'll just say "no thanks, we can find somewhere else for him without that unnecessary risk".

I think for a season long loan it's a risk you're expected to take, if you want protection against it there's insurance but clubs avoid that because it's expensive.

You're assuming that such a clause would be acceptable to the club loaning him to us - why should it be? Especially if common practise is otherwise. They'll just say "no thanks, we can find somewhere else for him without that unnecessary risk".

I think for a season long loan it's a risk you're expected to take, if you want protection against it there's insurance but clubs avoid that because it's expensive.

I am assuming that. You can insert these clauses and if they are unhappy offer to pay slightly more. As it is an outside risk then it is usually accepted.

Insurance against injuries, other than for career-ending injuries, is very expensive because the insurers price according to the risk and the risk is very high.

One insurer I worked at did concert underwriting and the one that we priced so high that it was never taken up was Guns and Roses. They would fail to turn up for 1 in 3 or 4 of their concerts so the premium we quoted was a third of their turnover. This was a fair price but looked hugely expensive for them so they went without insurance.

Archived