IGNORED

This Witch Hunt

Pete1975Legend

No one can say that there isn't some kind of witch hunt going on by a small selection of fans, criticising everything GJ is trying to do, criticising players, criticising tactics and now the transfer policy and if I hear this Academy thing once more I will scream!

Mark on Radio Bristol earlier this evening is a prime example with his comments about Agyemang, they are totally out of order and if you were a striker with bags of goals in you and you listened to our fans you wouldn't hesitate in turning us down. These fans on the witch hunt do nothing to sell the club to our current and any potential players we may be after. I'm sure this guy thinks he is a great voice for Bristol City fans but just to let you know YOUR NOT.

Unfortuately these people on the witch hunt are getting their voices heard louder than the majority of fans who have an open mind to the long term plan not the short term boom or bust scenario some are hoping for.

After the 6-0 result it is going to take time for ALL the players to get over that result and the last few games have shown that some of that confidence is returning. I know the witch hunters don't want to hear the positives, but sometimes you need to think whos position you would rather be in is it being 11th and 5 points off the play offs or 24th and rock bottom?

Then there is this thing about MCallister and the constant texting in saying he is poor, he was probably one of our best players today, but he is the obvious witch hunt target as Lee Johnson hasn't been playing. All I ask of these people is to make a balanced point and not to slant it all one way because you are not only doing our football club a dis-service but you are also speaking for the minority NOT the majority.

Always believe was our slogan for two seasons, we now need that belief more tha ever otherwise we may be in a position where one of our most succesful managers leaves us and we head where we did when Danny Wilson left downwards.

No one can say that there isn't some kind of witch hunt going on by a small selection of fans, criticising everything GJ is trying to do, criticising players, criticising tactics and now the transfer policy and if I hear this Academy thing once more I will scream!

Mark on Radio Bristol earlier this evening is a prime example with his comments about Agyemang, they are totally out of order and if you were a striker with bags of goals in you and you listened to our fans you wouldn't hesitate in turning us down. These fans on the witch hunt do nothing to sell the club to our current and any potential players we may be after. I'm sure this guy thinks he is a great voice for Bristol City fans but just to let you know YOUR NOT.

Unfortuately these people on the witch hunt are getting their voices heard louder than the majority of fans who have an open mind to the long term plan not the short term boom or bust scenario some are hoping for.

After the 6-0 result it is going to take time for ALL the players to get over that result and the last few games have shown that some of that confidence is returning. I know the witch hunters don't want to hear the positives, but sometimes you need to think whos position you would rather be in is it being 11th and 5 points off the play offs or 24th and rock bottom?

Then there is this thing about MCallister and the constant texting in saying he is poor, he was probably one of our best players today, but he is the obvious witch hunt target as Lee Johnson hasn't been playing. All I ask of these people is to make a balanced point and not to slant it all one way because you are not only doing our football club a dis-service but you are also speaking for the minority NOT the majority.

Always believe was our slogan for two seasons, we now need that belief more tha ever otherwise we may be in a position where one of our most succesful managers leaves us and we head where we did when Danny Wilson left downwards.

What an utter and complete load of b0ll0cks. There is no witch-hunt, just a large number of fans questioning some very baffling decisions. IMO Ageymang is an absolute waste of money, we have enough strikers at the Club already, and we can't afford to keep bringing in mediocre rubbish. Whatever GJ did in the past, we will always be grateful for, however if things carry on as they are, we will not only end up in Div 3, but also in financial sh1t with far too many mediocre players on high wages. Most of us would actually like GJ to turn it around and produce a balanced side capable of competing in the Championship, for most of us, just staying safe will suffice. However, GJ gets more bizarre all the time, and for me, signing complete and utter junk like Age..g and Collis, when we already have an over-sized squad with no shortage of keepers or strikers just sums it up.

you always say mcallister had a good game, despite him usually being the worst.....

WHOOSH....... keeper's ball!..................... sound familiar?

are you joking, confidence is returning???? they looked like they had about as much confidence as John Terry in retaining his sponsorship deals.

Sorry i accept there should be a balanced view and i have tried my hardest to take a positie view but your post is utter nonsense. This club is now not progressing, its a results based business and a harsh business as so many clubs going into administration has shown. Preston got to play offs last season, a poor run and irvine who got them there is gone, there is no room for sympathy left in football and Lansdowns patience is wearing very thin.

How you can sit through that s*it and then come and post this on here is clueless.

I along with everyone else want city to win every game, but unfortunately i dont know if anyone goes to ashton gate anymore expecting a win

I went down today, for the first time in a long time, not sure about witch hunts but can you tell me which player was outstanding today, and explain the tactics the manager employed, because from where I was sitting all I saw was, well nothing really and this from a side supposedly challenging for a play off spot

I agree with Pete look through the bad performances and bad results, forget about the alarming number of tactical naivaties and bewildering formations, the boring negative tactics and support Gary Johnson because he deserves no criticism as he got us promoted to the Championship.

Support the team yes, which means wanting what is best for our club, support in blind faith ignoring what's going on week in week out then NO!

I went down today, for the first time in a long time, not sure about witch hunts but can you tell me which player was outstanding today, and explain the tactics the manager employed, because from where I was sitting all I saw was, well nothing really and this from a side supposedly challenging for a play off spot

McCallister & Hartley were really good, we played a 3-5-2 which is what we started the season with and the formation people were all talking about with near enough he same personell minus LJ & Clarkson.

All I am trying to get across is that those of us who are not concerned and are not negative are being drowned out by the negative ones. It's not helped by the stuff on here.

I agree with Pete look through the bad performances and bad results, forget about the alarming number of tactical naivaties and bewildering formations, the boring negative tactics and support Gary Johnson because he deserves no criticism as he got us promoted to the Championship.

Support the team yes, which means wanting what is best for our club, support in blind faith ignoring what's going on week in week out then NO!

ha ha, yeah true that, i had blind faith in the club i love and could see no wrong from about the age of 8-13!!!!

Very good post Pete Legend. There is a witchhunt going on. GJ's criticised when he does and doesn't speak, when he plays wingers and when he doesn't, when he picks Sno and when he doesn't. You'd think that most on here would realise you can't please everyone all of the time.

I haven't seen the best football ever this season and I've often come away feeling flat. However, we are now an ESTABLISHED CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE. If someone had offered me midtable in the Championship three years ago when we first came up, I would have snatched their hands off. Now we have it and with a new stadium on the horizon. And yet, there are a harcore minority with a warped agenda, who want to see upheaval in the club. What is wrong with these people? Who are these people who ring up on the radio saying things like 'the clock is ticking Mr. Johnson'. Who are they speaking for? Who the hell do they think they are?

McCallister was poor as usual today for a start. People are getting annoyed with GJ's tactics, decisions, management- even those who don't want him sacked right now.

No way were you at the game? Would you like to tell me what McCallister did wrong where he played, I counted numerous balls being crossed from the left in the first half into the box, we just didnt get enough bodies in there to attack them!

No way were you at the game? Would you like to tell me what McCallister did wrong where he played, I counted numerous balls being crossed from the left in the first half into the box, we just didnt get enough bodies in there to attack them!

Of course I was. I counted a lot of poor crosses. And I counted a lot of poor aimless balls as well but that is standard like Orr. His defending was OK I guess though which made for a pleasant suprise.

Very good post Pete Legend. There is a witchhunt going on. GJ's criticised when he does and doesn't speak, when he plays wingers and when he doesn't, when he picks Sno and when he doesn't. You'd think that most on here would realise you can't please everyone all of the time.

I haven't seen the best football ever this season and I've often come away feeling flat. However, we are now an ESTABLISHED CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE. If someone had offered me midtable in the Championship three years ago when we first came up, I would have snatched their hands off. Now we have it and with a new stadium on the horizon. And yet, there are a harcore minority with a warped agenda, who want to see upheaval in the club. What is wrong with these people? Who are these people who ring up on the radio saying things like 'the clock is ticking Mr. Johnson'. Who are they speaking for? Who the hell do they think they are?

Thanks at last soemone else sees it too, as do many I sit with, I even remember that GJ picked an X1 that the people on this forum asked for and that was still wrong.

I do despair sometimes, but I do believe that the amount of Premier League football on the TV is giving people some blinkered views of players in the lower divisions.

Thanks at last soemone else sees it too, as do many I sit with, I even remember that GJ picked an X1 that the people on this forum asked for and that was still wrong.

I do despair sometimes, but I do believe that the amount of Premier League football on the TV is giving people some blinkered views of players in the lower divisions.

My only concern is that SL will lose his bottle, sack GJ like the vocal minority want and we'll get relegated either this or next season - which will really put us in the shit with the new stadium.

So did i but i saw that the same numerous crosses from the left were all complete shite, McCallister put in crap cross after crap cross today, there was nobody on the end of them because they were bad crosses. McIndoe put in one meaningful cross today and it was better than anything a city player has put in, well since McIndoe left.

Sorry but i could put in endless crosses for City, the fact that they would all be complete dross would be the important fact.

We have been garbage for well over a year now, i simply can't understand how anyone can say otherwise, we have won less than 10 of our last 40 odd games, thats stone cold relegation form, it jsut so happens that some of us have the balls to say it before it turns into a relegation scrap this season.

So to have a good game all he has to do is kick the ball in the general direction of the penalty box? The quality of those crosses one and all was shocking

What an utter and complete load of b0ll0cks. There is no witch-hunt, just a large number of fans questioning some very baffling decisions. IMO Ageymang is an absolute waste of money, we have enough strikers at the Club already, and we can't afford to keep bringing in mediocre rubbish. Whatever GJ did in the past, we will always be grateful for, however if things carry on as they are, we will not only end up in Div 3, but also in financial sh1t with far too many mediocre players on high wages. Most of us would actually like GJ to turn it around and produce a balanced side capable of competing in the Championship, for most of us, just staying safe will suffice. However, GJ gets more bizarre all the time, and for me, signing complete and utter junk like Age..g and Collis, when we already have an over-sized squad with no shortage of keepers or strikers just sums it up.

Thats piss poor of a city fan to come up with that.

GJ won't put us in a situation with that and Lansdown won't sack him.

Get over it.

A witch hunt is pretty much a good way to put it. It's pathetic.

If we were in any 'mess' then I think GJ would have the sense to go. If he cannot 'build' a team in whilst in the championship over 4/5 years worthy of dominating week in week out then maybe yea he may have to assess his situation. We aren't any worse off than most teams in this league, infact we're better off as a club - bar sections the fans at time.

We've done well to establish ourselves in this league as a stronger team. A lot of clubs don't get that far after more seasons in this league than us, ie: Sheffield Weds.

Oh and for the 'oversized squad part' thats another load of rubbish. Compare our numbers to other clubs and you'll see there are plenty of bigger squads with higher wages all over the place. We ain't in no mess.

I passed Sexstone on my way in and before todays (clueless tactical shambles - just HOW many formations can one team play in ninety minutes) match I offered the advice that perhaps it might just be the time to show GJ the exit door - He looked back at me with a clueless grin???? There is NO witch hunt as far as I am concerned where GJ is concerned. The signing of Agyemang is very difficult to understand??? I could not see today "what" he offered over and above what our other great overseas signing Saborio might bring??? Also yet again we went in today with no obvious width (Oh please NO one try and suggest that Brad or Jamie will consistently give us width - Yes they try their best, but time after time in the second half Jamie Mac was wide on the right in front of us in the Williams PLEADING for the ball from one of the midfield only to be totally ignored as the ball was directed down the right and then Coventry would win the ball leaving us exposed down OUR right). When Campbell - Ryce pulled up in the warm up Ivan should have been his replacement NOT another midfielder - We are at HOME Gary????

As for Coventry they were no good - They came for a point and got it and were a tad unlucky not to get all three - Lets face it we have seen much better footballing teams at Ashton and taken three points off of them and we are yet to see the likes of Newcastle, West Brom, Forest and Leicester. We should be beating the likes of Coventry with all respect.

There is no witch hunt against Johnson - He has reached his best by date - Simple as and "if" the likes of SL and CS think that it is only right that they wait to the end of the season (when at present looking at the games we still have to play I can only suggest mid table mediocrity at the best) then I for one will be giving serious consideration to parting with over £400 of my hard earned next season GJ or NO GJ?

PS - And before I get anymore "We are all doomed" cynical comments I never once let my support for the boys be less than 100% today - My gripe is NOT with the team its with the I N C O M P O T E N T management.

I passed Sexstone on my way in and before todays (clueless tactical shambles - just HOW many formations can one team play in ninety minutes) match I offered the advice that perhaps it might just be the time to show GJ the exit door - He looked back at me with a clueless grin???? There is NO witch hunt as far as I am concerned where GJ is concerned. The signing of Agyemang is very difficult to understand??? I could not see today "what" he offered over and above what our other great overseas signing Saborio might bring??? Also yet again we went in today with no obvious width (Oh please NO one try and suggest that Brad or Jamie will consistently give us width - Yes they try their best, but time after time in the second half Jamie Mac was wide on the right in front of us in the Williams PLEADING for the ball from one of the midfield only to be totally ignored as the ball was directed down the right and then Coventry would win the ball leaving us exposed down OUR right). When Campbell - Ryce pulled up in the warm up Ivan should have been his replacement NOT another midfielder - We are at HOME Gary????

As for Coventry they were no good - They came for a point and got it and were a tad unlucky not to get all three - Lets face it we have seen much better footballing teams at Ashton and taken three points off of them and we are yet to see the likes of Newcastle, West Brom, Forest and Leicester. We should be beating the likes of Coventry with all respect.

There is no witch hunt against Johnson - He has reached his best by date - Simple as and "if" the likes of SL and CS think that it is only right that they wait to the end of the season (when at present looking at the games we still have to play I can only suggest mid table mediocrity at the best) then I for one will be giving serious consideration to parting with over £400 of my hard earned next season GJ or NO GJ?

You say that you don't see Brad or Jamie giving us consitent width and then you comment how jamie was on the flank asking for the ball and not getting it? Is that therefore him giving us width?

Did you go to Boro? If you did you would know that Campbell Ryce played just behind the front two in a similar position to wher Sno played so no Sproule should not have started.

If you dont wish to pay £400 that is up to you, but would you not of taken Mid Table when we came up to the division a few seasons ago, did you not wnt to be an established Championshi side? Because if you did surely we are reaching the expectations we set ourselves when we got promoted.....

Everything was great before our 0 - 6 drubbing, the sooner we get over that result the better. juggle.gif

everything was great?! so we have been playing fantastic all season have we? The manager has brought in Angeymang who is not a big lump upfront who is that different club in the bag Johnson harps on about all the time, he is typically the same player as Soborio. When will he, Saborio, get a run of games? When will Clarkson get a run of games in his preffered position? When will Sno be given the central midfield roll that he wants and that a lot of us who saw him in that ajax friendly game were bloody impressed with? When is JCR going to be played as a winger, the position that he is born to play in? When is he also going to realise that playing wingbacks in Orr and McCallister isnt going to work? They cant put in threatening crosses from the halfway line! and finally, when is he going to play our strongest players in thier strongest positions?! We have players of such quality, yet they are not being played to thier full potential.

This is not a witch hunt, this is fans of Bristol City who love this club and are just baffled at why this team, with the money that has been spent and the strength in depth that we have, is not playing to thier potential. Simple really.

You're not alone Pete...listened with despair driving home as a handful of spot-the-brain-cell callers, with nothing good to say but who somehow have to say it every week, sought to rubbish the reputation and ability of a guy who will go down in our history as one of our stand out best leaders...

...who are these people who are still at the Gate half an hour after the match calling Radio Bristol? Hardly your typical fan are they?

As in many games this season City played ok today but didn't finish off a poor team at home. If we'd pinched a winner in the last moments there would be none of this nonsense tonight.

What troubles me is that GJ sounded very subdued this evening.

In danger of losing a great man. And when we do some of the folk on here who love to snipe from the sidelines and never actually make a positive contribution will have to take some responsibility.

Archived