IGNORED

Mc Allister

Turbored

I am really cheesed off tonight but the result against the sheep shaggers in the rugger tonite had bought s smile toy face.

But I digress , I have seem a few comments tonite on various threads slating poor old macca but in his defence the poor chap was and has been left out on a limb . He has no one In front out of him most of the time and is forced to play those long aimless balls into the final third of the pitch. If he is to push forward he leaves us exposed to the counter if posessiom is lost and that leads to attacks on our goal. So folks don't be so harsh on macca he is doing a cracking job with how the team is shaped . Most of the time he is left so exposed his only option is to attempt to put a ball forward for maynard to run onto or pass back to gerkin and god knows where he will hoof it to.

he's forced to play long hopeful balls? because there is no one in front of him??

the pitch really isnt that big and he could pass to a midfielder? for example...

what was his excuse when there IS a left winger there (mcindoe or campbell-ryce)

McAllister has always been a bit prone to lumping it, he's always been shockingly one footed yet still insisted on that silly little turn onto his right foot that puts him in trouble, and he's always been a bit hotheaded.

However he's been a competent defender, brave in the tackle, hard working and strikes the ball well.

The reason I thought he played badly today was he was playing wing back and of the 8 or 9 crosses he made, 100% of them were crap.

But playing him at wing back is asking him to do a job he isn't suited to. That's why relying on him and Orr for width, which until the signing of JCR we've done all season, is tactical madness.

Archived