IGNORED

Sick Of It...

HibbsyBCFC

I am sick to death of reading this forum and being made to feel that my (and many other fans) support for this club is questionable just because we express some negative viewpoints.

For the record;

1. I will never chant "Johnson Out"
  2. I didn't call for Johnson's head after the 6-0 defeat and I'm not now
  3. Regardless of how the future pans out I will always have huge respect for what Johnson has done for this club and his abilities as a manager

However, I have grave concerns that all the progress we have made as a club under Johnson is in danger of unravelling under our very eyes.

We are two thirds of the way in to this season and yet again (like last season) I couldn't tell you what I think Johnson considers to be our best XI is... I don't think he knows himself. The complete opposite of our play-off season, when we played a settled side week in week out that produced good passing football.

Classic example of the confusion is the fact that we beat PNE scoring 4 goals and then fail to employ the same formation and line up in the following 3 games. Sproule was excellent in that match, yet hasn't started since.

I will reiterate my concerns (made in a previous post earlier this month);

Strikers

I feel the treatment of Trundle, Clarkson but most of all Akinde has been appalling. If they aren't good enough, then responsibility lies with GJ for wasting money on them. If they are good enough then play them!!! Simple as. How must they feel seeing the likes of John, Saborio and Agyemang come in on loan and go straight in above them in the pecking order? Does nothing for dressing room morale.

Man-management (or lack of it)

I worry that GJ suffers from "little man syndrome" and employs bully boy tactics. This method can wear thin quickly and looking at the confidence of our keeper and back four last night I do worry. He seems to fall out with players and many have moved on having had personal clashes with him e.g. Byfield, Basso, McIndoe, Trundle, Carle, Blackman... I really hope I'm wrong on this but the whispers I hear from people close to the club I fear for the worst, which could lead to the classic "loss of the dressing room".

Defence

I feel that McCallister and Orr are severely limited in their distrubution and assistance in the attacking third (exception being when Macca starts LM in a 4-4-2 a la PNE). THEY ARE NOT WING BACKS and are not good enough going forward to play well in a 4-3-3. For this reason, I feel we have to play 4-4-2.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

As I said, I don't necessarily want Johnson out am not part of a so called "witch hunt". I REALLY REALLY want Johnson to turn things round and want him to have some time to do so.

I also believe my expectations are realistic. I would be perfectly happy if we were a top half Championship side for years without reaching the Premier League and I'm well aware that the likes of Newcastle, West Brom and Forest are far bigger clubs than City.

But right now I'm turning up at Ashton Gate week in week out, unable to predict the starting XI but knowing full well that I will witness negative, unbalanced, one dimensional football based around stats and percentages.

I know it is possible to be entertained by a mid table side that doesn't win titles... Forest, West Ham (admittedly top flight) through my childhood in the 80's and 90's, Doncaster and Swansea last season and our very own Bristol City 15 or so years ago... remember Jackie, Cole, Martin Scott, Dave Smith, Tinnion, Super Bob et al??

I am sick to death of reading this forum and being made to feel that my (and many other fans) support for this club is questionable just because we express some negative viewpoints.

For the record;

1. I will never chant "Johnson Out"
  2. I didn't call for Johnson's head after the 6-0 defeat and I'm not now
  3. Regardless of how the future pans out I will always have huge respect for what Johnson has done for this club and his abilities as a manager

However, I have grave concerns that all the progress we have made as a club under Johnson is in danger of unravelling under our very eyes.

We are two thirds of the way in to this season and yet again (like last season) I couldn't tell you what I think Johnson considers to be our best XI is... I don't think he knows himself. The complete opposite of our play-off season, when we played a settled side week in week out that produced good passing football.

Classic example of the confusion is the fact that we beat PNE scoring 4 goals and then fail to employ the same formation and line up in the following 3 games. Sproule was excellent in that match, yet hasn't started since.

I will reiterate my concerns (made in a previous post earlier this month);

Strikers

I feel the treatment of Trundle, Clarkson but most of all Akinde has been appalling. If they aren't good enough, then responsibility lies with GJ for wasting money on them. If they are good enough then play them!!! Simple as. How must they feel seeing the likes of John, Saborio and Agyemang come in on loan and go straight in above them in the pecking order? Does nothing for dressing room morale.

Man-management (or lack of it)

I worry that GJ suffers from "little man syndrome" and employs bully boy tactics. This method can wear thin quickly and looking at the confidence of our keeper and back four last night I do worry. He seems to fall out with players and many have moved on having had personal clashes with him e.g. Byfield, Basso, McIndoe, Trundle, Carle, Blackman... I really hope I'm wrong on this but the whispers I hear from people close to the club I fear for the worst, which could lead to the classic "loss of the dressing room".

Defence

I feel that McCallister and Orr are severely limited in their distrubution and assistance in the attacking third (exception being when Macca starts LM in a 4-4-2 a la PNE). THEY ARE NOT WING BACKS and are not good enough going forward to play well in a 4-3-3. For this reason, I feel we have to play 4-4-2.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

As I said, I don't necessarily want Johnson out am not part of a so called "witch hunt". I REALLY REALLY want Johnson to turn things round and want him to have some time to do so.

I also believe my expectations are realistic. I would be perfectly happy if we were a top half Championship side for years without reaching the Premier League and I'm well aware that the likes of Newcastle, West Brom and Forest are far bigger clubs than City.

But right now I'm turning up at Ashton Gate week in week out, unable to predict the starting XI but knowing full well that I will witness negative, unbalanced, one dimensional football based around stats and percentages.

I know it is possible to be entertained by a mid table side that doesn't win titles... Forest, West Ham (admittedly top flight) through my childhood in the 80's and 90's, Doncaster and Swansea last season and our very own Bristol City 15 or so years ago... remember Jackie, Cole, Martin Scott, Dave Smith, Tinnion, Super Bob et al??

If you posted this earlier this month why repeat a few days later ?

Archived