IGNORED

What P*ssed Me Off The Most Yesterday

Andrew_V1

After getting the equaliser late on, instead of doing the thing you normally would do when chasing a game you SHOULD be winning by running into the net, picking the ball up and legging it back to the half way line for a quick kick off, the players all ran off celebrating as if they just scored in the play offs

To me that screams negative mindset, and a draw at home to the frankly crap coventry was a great end result. I know it's just a small detail, but it royally infuriated me, and having had time to simmer on this, I still can't understand the logic in it.

I agree. I think Maynard should be rested and Clarkson should start. Maynard is not affecting the game for whatever reason, so with a number of striking options, Clarkson should start. Personally, I would put him alongside Haynes and forget about having a big man up front. IF JCR is fit then him on the left and Sproule on the right

After getting the equaliser late on, instead of doing the thing you normally would do when chasing a game you SHOULD be winning by running into the net, picking the ball up and legging it back to the half way line for a quick kick off, the players all ran off celebrating as if they just scored in the play offs

To me that screams negative mindset, and a draw at home to the frankly crap coventry was a great end result. I know it's just a small detail, but it royally infuriated me, and having had time to simmer on this, I still can't understand the logic in it.

The problem is that these days a draw comes as such a relief that it's celebrated like a win. We should never have been 1-0 down to Coventry - they only had the one serious chance and took it. It's a real problem that we we can't break teams like this down.

Guest AJ Sylvester

I disagree and find it slightly bizarre that so many people seem to be wanting to find fault with everything...even scoring goals!!

Ok, drawing at home to Coventry isn't that exciting, I agree. But rather than looking for faults in things try looking at it from a different perspective.

- The equaliser IS important

- Clarky got his first goal for 6 months and his first at Ashton Gate

- The players were clearly excited by the goal and care

- The referee stops his watch anyway when a goal goes in so it's not actually taking any time away

- The players should celebrate when things go right. It builds confidence and you have to enjoy the good moments

- It was our first goal for 4 games. It was needed, important and the players need to make something of it and feel like that monkey is off their back

- After we scored we did still go for it so it wasn't as though they settled for the draw

- If they hadn't celebrated then people would accuse them of not caring

You wouldn't expect them to celebrate if we were a few goals down but that wasn't the case. Any team in the world given that situation would celebrate.

- The referee stops his watch anyway when a goal goes in so it's not actually taking any time away

- The players should celebrate when things go right. It builds confidence and you have to enjoy the good moments

- It was our first goal for 4 games. It was needed, important and the players need to make something of it and feel like that monkey is off their back

- After we scored we did still go for it so it wasn't as though they settled for the draw

Spot on mate. Especially the last point

Wow - it wasn't just me.

I was absolutely livid but felt I was probably alone in being that unfair, as I was screaming at them to get back up the pitch and kick off rather than celebrating. I'm glad someone else picked up on it, it's not the first time I've felt an "equaliser" at Ashton Gate was sufficiently owed by the players that they needed the winner to get credit.

Appreciate it must have been a relief for Clarkson but would definitely have liked to see them send the right message and pick up the ball and charge back up field.

I disagree and find it slightly bizarre that so many people seem to be wanting to find fault with everything...even scoring goals!!

Ok, drawing at home to Coventry isn't that exciting, I agree. But rather than looking for faults in things try looking at it from a different perspective.

You wouldn't expect them to celebrate if we were a few goals down but that wasn't the case. Any team in the world given that situation would celebrate.

The last line ' If they hadn't celebrated then people would accuse them of not caring'. Sorry mate but I think that is a load of tosh. If the players picked up the ball and got it back to the centre circle that would tell me the players are hungry and up for the winner!

Archived