IGNORED

Next Season

cityfan

Who in the squad do you think will be moved on? I am not saying that I would choose to move these players on, simply that I think there is every chance they won't be here next season. I haven't bothered to include the likes of Trundle and Styvar because they are a given. Also, I haven't really looked at academy players like Tristan Plummer because I simply have no view on them and the clubs policy

PlayerPositionMoved on?

BassoGoalkeeperYes

GerkenGoalkeeper

HendersonGoalkeeper

CollisGoalkeeper

OrrDefender

RibieroDefender

Brian WilsonDefender

CareyDefender

McCombeDefenderYes

FontaineDefender

NyatangaDefender

James WilsonDefender

McCallisterDefender

ElliottMidfielder?

JohnsonMidfielderYes

SkuseMidfielder

SnoMidfielderYes

WilliamsMidfielderYes

ArtusMidfielder?

SprouleWinger

JCRWinger

HaynesStriker

MaynardStriker

SaborioStrikerYes

AgyemangStrikerYes

AkindeStriker

ClarksonStriker

I'm not sure we can afford a new Manager even if Sl decided he wanted one. The cost of removing GJ, probably his brother and maybe Millen, bringing in a new manager and his support team and then the inevitable clear out and more new signings that the new manager prefers; what would that cost SL? Millions!

Personally, I don't think it will happen unless GJ wanted to walk away of his own volition

I'm not sure we can afford a new Manager even if Sl decided he wanted one. The cost of removing GJ, probably his brother and maybe Millen, bringing in a new manager and his support team and then the inevitable clear out and more new signings that the new manager prefers; what would that cost SL? Millions!

Personally, I don't think it will happen unless GJ wanted to walk away of his own volition

I don't think we can afford not to.

The cost may seem prohibitive, but what if we stick with GJ and things don't improve, we get dragged into a relegation battle, more fans stay away and less take up of season ticket renewal, I'm sure relegation would cost a hell of a lot more.

The cost may seem prohibitive, but what if we stick with GJ and things don't improve, we get dragged into a relegation battle, more fans stay away and less take up of season ticket renewal, I'm sure relegation would cost a hell of a lot more.

Yes, and 2,000 off the crowd is a million a year lost if the season tickets don't sell. The cost argument is more finely balanced than the remaining 3.5 years on GJ's contract would suggest.

The keep / sack GJ argument should revolve around his ability to assemble a good squad of players and get the best out of them as compared to the alternative managers that we could attract.

The way things are going, its costing us millions anyway !!!!!

Players wages rising year on year.

Gates dropping year on year.

No entertainment on the pitch.

Its a difficult decision, but one our chairman must have on his mind.

Clarkson, Velicka, Saborio, Ageymang. That's £2 million plus - and we're still no nearer someone to play alongside and get the best out of Maynard.

I would really like to see Clarkson given more of a chance. Has not had a lot of football, as posted on another thread, but I thought that was a cool finish yesterday at a time when a lot of players might have panicked and snatched at the shot , or blazed over the bar.

Archived