IGNORED

John Akinde

cityfan

Should John Akinde start when he returns from Brentford?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For my own curiosities sake I would say yes but I don't think fans curiosity is a good enough reason to play any player. I would hate for him to come in and be ripped to peace's by the AG crowd after an easy miss.

I would expect if he was brought in and played for 3 games and didn't score there would be loads of people on here saying he wasn't good enough and why does GJ keep playing him instead of X Y or Z.

The snippets I have seen of him haven't shown me that that he is any better (or worse) than Agy.

For my own curiosities sake I would say yes but I don't think fans curiosity is a good enough reason to play any player. I would hate for him to come in and be ripped to peace's by the AG crowd after an easy miss.

I would expect if he was brought in and played for 3 games and didn't score there would be loads of people on here saying he wasn't good enough and why does GJ keep playing him instead of X Y or Z.

The snippets I have seen of him haven't shown me that that he is any better (or worse) than Agy.

The point is he hasn't really had a chance to show if he is or isn't better than AGY who has probably played more minutes in three games than what Akinde has since he has been here, by the way from what i have seen of Akinde he seems very raw and i wouldn't chuck him in for 90 mins but bring him on for 20 30 mins if we are winning comfertably(:laugh:) or when we need someone to affect the game as he has done several times imo

Bloke in work is a Brentford fan and watched him on Saturday.

Said he was clearly not match fit

I would play him - he has something that not many City players have at the moment - a despairation to be wearing the City shirt and the ability to give 100% and put himself about at all times...he has desire.

Once fit, bring him back and give him a go - he has always made a difference previously, what have we to lose?

Saborio and Ageymang have made little impact, neither exactly

get you off your seat, but Akinde always seems to run at the defence

and clearly causes panic on occasions. That alone would suggest

he deserves at least a run out from the bench. If he was to get a 3 or 4

game start like the others, who knows what may happen? Surely can not

be any less effective than the previous players to be given that role.

Saborio and Ageymang have made little impact, neither exactly

get you off your seat, but Akinde always seems to run at the defence

and clearly causes panic on occasions. That alone would suggest

he deserves at least a run out from the bench. If he was to get a 3 or 4

game start like the others, who knows what may happen? Surely can not

be any less effective than the previous players to be given that role.

Precisely. From what I've seen Saborio, he is not as good as Akinde - nowhere near I'd say. Agyemang does not look like he is either (so far)

Cant understand how saborio is in front of Akinde - very frustrating.

Well let me just add as the person who started this post, Saborio has been taken off at half time - He has now had more chances than Trundle and Trundle was different class, even if he didn't fit in to our style of play here.

The thing is, Akinde will, as he has the versatility of being the big centre forward, but also he is the fast, good touch, sleek striker that can play football too. Saborio doesn't offer these qualities and whilst I agree it is too early to decide on Agyemang, I would have tried Akinde first.

It feels to me that the Akinde situation is just like the Lita situation many years ago. Lita was ready, but was ignored. I think Akinde is ready, but..............................

He would definitely start in my team, especially in the form we are in now

Guaranteed to come back now.

Striker order will be something like

Maynard

Haynes

Akinde/Clarkson

Agyemang

Saborio - be surprised if he starts again, let alone comes off the bench

And Akinde is bound to come off the bench when he does come back because we will be throwing the kitchen sink at it

I'll defend Saborio a bit. He may have been taken off at half time but he was injured and I can't remember many times when he was even given the ball last night it was that bad by everyone in the first half. As I've said before given time I think he would come good but he won't get it.

As for Akinde he definately deserves a chance, especially infront of the useless Aygemang.

Archived