IGNORED

Playoff Season - When Gj Had An Attacking Outlook!

BarneyCity

All this doom and gloom - who remembers the second half a couple of yrs ago away at Sheffield Unt, we lost but after half time we had Trundle, Noble and Carle pn the pitch. and the style skilll etc was exceptional - and it continued until the playoff final, since then GJ has lost the plot - my team is better than your team.... its simple play football

All this doom and gloom - who remembers the second half a couple of yrs ago away at Sheffield Unt, we lost but after half time we had Trundle, Noble and Carle pn the pitch. and the style skilll etc was exceptional - and it continued until the playoff final, since then GJ has lost the plot - my team is better than your team.... its simple play football

hoping for a battling performance against watford to match our first year in the championship when they were tops.

I think weve got too complacent..we need that seige mentality back. We have to play like underdogs evry games a cup final ,all that shit................ please

That was one of the most positive defeats I have ever watched. I came away from that game thinking we were going to do it. Carle was awesome that day.

I do think some people have clouded memories of that season. Yes it was a great season, and some of the perfomances were superb, Sheffield utd home and away, Stoke at home etc.

I wouldnt say our style and skill were exceptional, and I wouldnt say we played the great attacking football some people harp on about, we ended the season +1 goal difference wasnt it?

What we did have, was guts and determination, and a team bond that ive never witnessed at the Gate before. This is no where to be seen now, and hasnt been seen for the best part of 18 months.

Gut and determination wont win you leagues, but it can certainly push you top 6 like it did for us that year. The players AND management this season have been gutless. Excuse after excuse has been trawled out, week in and week out. Once again, time for a change

Archived