IGNORED

I Want To Be Sedated

Guest Harry May

Guest Harry May

Although being a season ticket holder , I had n't been able to get over to Bristol due to working 12 hour nights. I was n't even sure that I would be able to go next week due to being on 12 hour nights again ( it's our busiest time of the year ). When the gaffer finally relented to my pitiful begging to have next Wednesday off, at the end of the shift today, there was only one thing to do. Ride like Rossi from the Forest of Dean to my home in Caldicot , dodging squirels , badgers , deer,sheep and suicidal rabbits. Get home wake up the wife and kids for breakfast.Pick up my flexible friend and ride at Mach 1 over to Bristol. Battle my way through the rush hour traffic. Do n't get me wrong , I love Bristol , but I did n't relise how bad the traffic problem is - why do people drive cars just to sit in traffic jams ? Arrived at the Gate before the ticket office was open - it was 0830. The very helpful lady seen me hanging around , told me they did n't open until 0900 - but she would serve me . Managed to get 4 tickets in B block of the GWR - where I used to sit several years ago.Good result. Also got tickets for the Dolman on Saturday for the screening of the away leg.

Back on 'bike , by now the adrenalin is subsiding and I am starting to feel Jer Boon'ish ( totally knackered and in danger of parking up for a kip on the side of the road ). Rode back home at a slightly more sedate pace.

Arrived home , made very strong black coffee and stared lovingly at tickets.They are lush looking .

Been up for getting on for 24 hours - just hope it's going to be all worthwhile. No,I will re-phase that - I KNOW it's going to be worth it.

Off to the land of nod.

Caldicot Red

Guest Harry May

I would be going to the away leg but my youngest has a big game tomorrow. She's playing for City Girls U-12s against the Gas away , and that is a far bigger game than the one taking place in the north east tomorrow ! Work permitting I try not to miss any of her games . They've had some really hard games this season - in particular Arsenal away - but as shown by the recent senior womens team ,they are all "up" for this one tomorrow.

Caldicot Red.

Guest Harry May

Thanks Red Tauntonion.

They were losing 2-0 with about 10 mins to go ( got caught out both times by the Gas's long ball game - whoosh ! ) but they kept battling really hard and refused to give up . We then scored 2 late goals to make it 2-2 . A good result considering we had to field a team with a couple of U-10s in , as 2 of our players had to play for the U-14s who also managed to draw 2-2.

Typical derby game - even at this level - there was a real edge to the game. Plenty of elbows and other assorted shenigans going on.

Off to the Dolman now.

Caldicot Red.

Archived