IGNORED

Not Going Up Automatically

TimmerD

Not sure how everyone else is feeling, but since last Sat I have been totally flat.

I was sure that we would go up automatically this season and now the reality has hit home that yet again we are facing the play off lottery I can't get excited about tomorrows game.

Dont get me wrong I would love to be there, but I would be looking for a new wife and home if I did, but I just can't get excited.

In recent weeks ie prior to the Blackpool, Barnsley, Brighton, Plymouth, QPR, etc games I could hardly contain the excitement. But its not there for this one.

After 3 previous attempts to go up through the play-offs I guess I am just extremely concerned that we wont make it again, and I really could not face another season in Div 2.

I am not saying that we aren't going to do it, I guess I am just more fearful of not doing it.

But its in our hands and I hope DW and FB have got the boys well fired up for a big performance on Sat.

COME ON YOU REDS.....(or are we playing in yellow tomorrow????!!!!)

I know exactly what you mean mate. I been feeling the same way all week. I saw a piece on Sky Sports News last night on City and they showed Thorne's goal against us from the play-offs last year. The dejection came flooding back. The memories of sitting in my seat for a while after the game just in utter disbeleif :sad56:

Pray this dont happen again, it cant, can it?

Guest Red Shadow

I felt totally and comleted gutted after the 0-0 draw with Brighton. That was the crunch game we just HAD to win and in not doing so has put us in this position. As our record in the playoffs over the years is 100% failure then I'm pinning all my hopes on the law of averages. Surely this time we must be due a win.

Not sure how everyone else is feeling, but since last Sat I have been totally flat.

I was sure that we would go up automatically this season and now the reality has hit home that yet again we are facing the play off lottery I can't get excited about tomorrows game.

Dont get me wrong I would love to be there, but I would be looking for a new wife and home if I did, but I just can't get excited.

In recent weeks ie prior to the Blackpool, Barnsley, Brighton, Plymouth, QPR, etc games I could hardly contain the excitement. But its not there for this one.

After 3 previous attempts to go up through the play-offs I guess I am just extremely concerned that we wont make it again, and I really could not face another season in Div 2.

I am not saying that we aren't going to do it, I guess I am just more fearful of not doing it.

But its in our hands and I hope DW and FB have got the boys well fired up for a big performance on Sat.

COME ON YOU REDS.....(or are we playing in yellow tomorrow????!!!!)

You have just discribed how i feel of to a tee. I just hope we can do it (Nothing like confidance is there? :grr: )

As our record in the playoffs over the years is 100% failure then I'm pinning all my hopes on the law of averages. Surely this time we must be due a win.
Unfortunately, correct me if I'm wrong but Hartlepool's record in the playoffs is just as bad - and I think they've failed to score as well!

So something's got to give one way or the other :grr:

Guest bristolbred

If only we won the games, that on paper we should of done, i.e. Wycombe, Stockport, Oldham, :grr: :speechless3:

Then not only would we gone up automatically,

But as Champions to boot!! :dunno:

I'm going tomorrow, but it's not as though i am totally excited by it, as i was at the |Barnsley game, and the atmosphere that went with it!!. I feel as though the spectre of what Cardiff did to us last year, could be repeated again this year!!. :grr:

And that really would be a shame!!. :sad21:

And next year may be harder than this to finish in the top two.

And it will be a case of De'ja Vous. :sad56:

:)

Archived