IGNORED

A Little Prediction

Kid in the Riot

He never denied it on the radio last Friday he refused to comment because he said he didn't want big headlines in the paper the next day pretty obvious what happened judging by that , if it never happened the answer should have been a straight forward no. I can't believe it's come to this with gj. There was a time I thought the world would end if gj left but now I'm thinking the world will end if he stays. Ahhhhhhhh help

Doesnt mean SL wont wake up and get rid.

Can he afford it.. that's the question. Obviously relegation could put us back 10 years ago (it took us 8 to get out last time around)

Sadly whilst I will say a little prayer tonight to really hope that either SL sees the disaster looming or Johnson will have the decency to fall on his sword, I would really be surprised.

It appears that the corporate stance totally backed by Lansdown is we will wait and see where we are at, at the end of the season - WELL STEVE UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE PRETTY DAM QUICK WE ARE PRESENTLY FACING THE PROSPECT OF BEING SOMEWHERE LIKE ROCHDALE OR BOURNEMOUTH NEXT SEASON - Last one out switch off the lights???

A fair amount.

If true that's very, very interesting.

GJ seems the sort of bloke to have 100% confidence in himself and his ability and the offer seems totally out of character.

I wonder what was/is in SL's head and how close he was to accepting the offer.

Although this is a very worrying time for us, it's also fascinating.

Anyone know what happens next?

Can he afford it.. that's the question. Obviously relegation could put us back 10 years ago (it took us 8 to get out last time around)

He also has to consider not only dwindling attendences for the remainder of the season, but ST renewels for next season. ALOT of people wanting him out.....

He's said post match 'I'll hold my hands up, over the first half shape and selection.'

IMO that's not the line of someone about to resign.

No, but interestingly, it probably is the line of someone who has listened to the criticisms being made of him by fans, and, along with dropping and then loaning out LJ is a sign that he's less pigheaded than he's been in the past.

Not sure it's enough to turn things round for him, and I'm not sure he knows what shape and team selection to go for on Saturday, but it's the sort of thing we haven't heard from him often in the past.

How much credence is there in that rumour?

I've been convinced that he either offered his resignation, or was at the very least planning to, since I saw the Cardiff post-match interview.

No inside source, just my reading of what he said and how he said it.

I think if the second half tonight had been like the first half he'd have been gone tomorrow (judging from what I heard on the radio). With a battling second half performance - probably not.

I think Johnson has until the end of the Leicester game. If we lose that, after the inevitable loss at Sheff Utd ("you don't need width; I wanted to play it tight; just couldn't find that clever pass to score"), I believe Johnson wil be sacked. I certainly hope so if that is the situation.

On Current form 6 points from the play off's and 5 points from the drop, putting a bet on things at this time the safe money would be on us for the drop, with this new stadium around the corner which CCC football is needed

for it there is a lot of thinking to be done as come newcastle at home, carry on like this then we are in trouble.

Cardiff H...L 6-0

M-boro A... D 0-0

Coventry H..D 1-1

Watford A...L 2-0

Block of 8 before newcastle at home.

Sheff Utd A

Leicester H

WBA H

Ipswich A

Doncaster H

Crystal palace A

Reading A

Plymouth A

NEWCASTLE H

Got a feeling GJ may walk after this, especially when he sees we're 5 points off the relegation zone.

Seems to have lost faith in his own principles. The players are no longer responding to him.

We've still got to play all the bottom 7 teams...AWAY from home.

Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Can't believe we are really looking over our shoulders ??

Can't see us winning at Sheff U, and a draw seems a long shot, so we could be 2 points of the bottom 3 (ok a lot of teams to win... but still)

The Leicester & WBA at home - such big games.

GJ has done great here but now we are so predictable, even though the formation changes week in week out.

His biggest downfall is his terrible record of strikers. Agyemang being the latest in a long line. Does anyone know why we constantly send Akinde out on loan. Ok he's not played many games but he's a 100%er who will improve and offers so much more than Agyemang & Soborio.... just like he would of done last season over Styvar

Can't see him walking or being fired so think we have to just hope and pray that he can turn things round. But 3 things could easily be done

Get Akinde and Riberio back of loan (if we can) - Start JA with either Haynes or Maynard up top, Have CR giving our poor league one full backs some competition. Try Sno, a central midfielder with Ajax in the centre of Midfield maybe ?.....

Bramell lane seems a long drive saturday

Archived