IGNORED

High Costs In Sacking Johnson?

And Its Smith

I have no idea how much Johnson is on per week at City but I will guess at between 3k-5k per week.

His remaining contract is around 4 years so if he is on 5k a week that is a cost of £1million to sack him. If he's on 3k it would be £600,000.

Considering the loss the club makes and also how Lansdown keeps on backing Johnson in the transfer market, will the cost of sacking Johnson prove too much? Lansdown may well gamble on the thought that this is a blip (albeit a huge one) and Johnson can get us up towards the top end of the table again, whether that be this season or next.

Sacking Johnson now would undoubtedly bring an upturn in form (it cant get any worse and new managers usually start well) but we need new players in the summer and between 600k and 1million quid can buy you good players at this level. Not that you'd know that on Johnson's recent purchases mind you.

I reckon that we need to sack him but if we do I cant see the new manager having much behind him to bring in new players in the summer. Perhaps Lansdown will decide to keep the faith and whatever he decides, he should get the backing of everyone after what he has done for this club.

I think you are being very unrealistic. Danny Wilson was earning £250k PA back when we were in L1.

I reckon GJ will be on at least twice if not 3 times that. If he left by mutal consent we'd have to probably pay up 50% of his remaining contract. It'd be at least £2m to get rid imo

Truth is if SteveL decides to change the management he will do so irrespective of the costs and I doubt he was silly enough to negotiate a five year contract without severance terms in it.

Tom I'd be very surprised if the manager is earning what you suggest, it'll be somewhere around the £200-£250k mark.

There was a gentleman posting on here last week about the fact that if we had doncasters o'driscal or however you spell it. The quality of football played at the gate would certainly be something to behold. Hartley skuse elliott he'd probably get the best out of lee Johnson too. Wow what a midfield a midfield most championship managers would bite your hand off for. Why can't gj get the best out of these players, it quite clearly stems from the training ground to his tactics. I honestly don't think we need to buy anyone else next season the quality we've got is great. I think it's down to man management which our manager appears to be failing in.

I will just say the cost of sacking GJ may be high but the cost of not doing that could be much, much more. Cant see the new stad being high on the list either if we go down and ST`s will plummet even further.

We are in deep do-do with some real difficult games coming up; action required.

There was a gentleman posting on here last week about the fact that if we had doncasters o'driscal or however you spell it. The quality of football played at the gate would certainly be something to behold. Hartley skuse elliott he'd probably get the best out of lee Johnson too. Wow what a midfield a midfield most championship managers would bite your hand off for. Why can't gj get the best out of these players, it quite clearly stems from the training ground to his tactics. I honestly don't think we need to buy anyone else next season the quality we've got is great. I think it's down to man management which our manager appears to be failing in.

We have got a great set of midfield players in Skuuuse, Hartley, Sproule and Sno. Williams would be great if he wasn't injured so often. I get the idea that the potential for us of these players is beyond the tactical and coaching ability of the management of this club. I honestly thought that Gary Johnson was on a learning curve after the Wembley final and he'd take us forward from there - seems that that final may have been the managerial pinnacle of his career.

Unfortunately to get in a replacement manager we would have to go for 'The Cheap Option' again as the money would have gone paying off GJ and his back room staff. Lets face it the figure would be nearer £5 Million if GJ, PJ, GS and KM are all on these reported 4 or 5 year contracts just given to them recently.

So you can wave bye bye to Curbishly, Coppell or any other high profile managers coming to BS3

If we assume GJ is on a 400k per year contract [plus 100% as a bonus if we go up - a likely incentive but not part of any settlement] then the cost of paying off the remaining 3.5 years is c.£1.5m. It is highly likely that the wording would state that he would be continued to be paid until he found another job and then a deal would be done on the balance outstanding.

So if you are Johnson you can just sit at home and see out the duration of the contract or if you still have ambition take another role after, say, 12 months and then "settle" for 50% of the balance.

If he sits at home there is no lump sum to pay if he gets a job in 6 months the cost is probably less than £1m [about the same as he has cost Lansdown per useless Striker i.e. Trundle, Styvar and others].

If no action is taken and season ticket sales fall by 3000 then that is an immediate hit on the cash flow of £1m.

I see the bottom line as that to fire him or losing season ticket sales costs about the same.

Archived