IGNORED

Are We Over-managed?

Chivs

I cannot believe the team that started tonight. Orr and McAllister cannot (do not!!!!!) play as wing backs.

Johnson and Skuse are lightweight and do not provide enough creativity. There was no width in the midfield whatsoever.

I can agree with Clarkson in the hole but...

Agyemang and Saborio have no chance of playing for us next season. This reflects how poor they are.

I assume the formation was 5-2-1-2. I suspect Johnson thinks it was 3-5-1-2. He made a comment after the Coventry game that the

wingbacks
Orr and McAllister got lots of crosses in. No they didn't. I fear for my team when the manager is seeing things that don't happen.

All clarity and purpose has been drained from this team due to constant tinkering. This, I believe, is because Johnson and Millen are simply tryng too hard to manage their way out of the mess they put us into.

Go back to 4-4-2. K.I.S.Stupid.

Stop over-managing this team.

I cannot believe the team that started tonight. Orr and McAllister cannot (do not!!!!!) play as wing backs.

Johnson and Skuse are lightweight and do not provide enough creativity. There was no width in the midfield whatsoever.

I can agree with Clarkson in the hole but...

Agyemang and Saborio have no chance of playing for us next season. This reflects how poor they are.

I assume the formation was 5-2-1-2. I suspect Johnson thinks it was 3-5-1-2. He made a comment after the Coventry game that the Orr and McAllister got lots of crosses in. No they didn't. I fear for my team when the manager is seeing things that don't happen.

All clarity and purpose has been drained from this team due to constant tinkering. This, I believe, is because Johnson and Millen are simply tryng too hard to manage their way out of the mess they put us into.

Go back to 4-4-2. K.I.S.Stupid.

Stop over-managing this team.

You may be onto something there. Article in the paper today about players being overcoached and occasionally taking things into their own hands, eg. England in the '90 world cup under Robson when the players argued for a sweeper system and Robson grudgingly went along with it.

Unplug it - it needs crushing and throwing in the skip.

I think that Prozone can provide benefit if applied correctly. But you can't use it as a substitute for your eyes!

Ian, on Radio Briz said that Orr and McAllister are not wingbacks. I know this, Ian knows it, you know it, why the **** doesn't Johnson know this?

What is the matter with him? I suspect he sat down with Millen pre-season and they identified that we are not getting enough goals.

Solution: wingbacks!

Unfortunately, after 3 games he should have realised that the personnel couldn't play that system. Here we are 26 games later....

I've been thinking that for a while now. We rely too much on the stats etc and then look totally screwed when it all goes wrong. I heard GJ speak at a lunch once suggesting we'd lost a game (WBA I think) because the pro zone said our players hadn't run around enough! Technology should be there to help. For us I think it manages the bloody team!!

I think that Prozone can provide benefit if applied correctly. But you can't use it as a substitute for your eyes!

Ian, on Radio Briz said that Orr and McAllister are not wingbacks. I know this, Ian knows it, you know it, why the **** doesn't Johnson know this?

What is the matter with him? I suspect he sat down with Millen pre-season and they identified that we are not getting enough goals.

Unfortunately, after 3 games he should have realised that the personnel couldn't play that system. Here we are 26 games later....

You would have thought that two players playing in the 4th best division in europe would be able to cross a football every now and again, - neither of them can so stop playing them, they both need to be bombed out and replaced with 2 players who are championship standard.

I wound't dispute it has its place...really I wouldn't but the thing is it has replaced the eyes and thats the point. When you go into print and defend performances based purely of statiscal evidence rather than tangiable eveidence...like for instance......goals, you really are losing the plot.

The manager did a fantastic job in making the football club professional no question I've said it many times on here...but in terms of tactics he is proving to be a one trick pony and along with his side kick is unable to evolve as the team has (which he bought).

You would have thought that two players playing in the 4th best division in europe would be able to cross a football every now and again, - neither of them can so stop playing them, they both need to be bombed out and replaced with 2 players who are championship standard.

It's alledgedly the fourth best supported division in Europe which is disputable. It certainly isn't the fourth best.

Anyway, Orr (especially) and McAllister (though he has played poorly for two seaons now) are top-notch Championship defenders. I'm more than happy with them in a 4-4-2 particularly if they both have someone in front of them. Part of McAllister lack of form is that he's playing on his own on the left hand side.

It's alledgedly the fourth best supported division in Europe which is disputable. It certainly isn't the fourth best.

Anyway, Orr (especially) and McAllister (though he has played poorly for two seaons now) are top-notch Championship defenders. I'm more than happy with them in a 4-4-2 particularly if they both have someone in front of them. Part of McAllister lack of form is that he's playing on his own on the left hand side.

Maybe i expect to much from players who probably earn 20-30k a month.

or just the fact of he is now being shown up and was earlier being coverd by the left winger even with JCR Mcallister has been all over the shot. but yes I agree espcially from the formation we played today GJ is thinking too hard and we just need to play back to basics or play that 4-5-1 where noble used to be in the hole.

But does the pro-zone tell Gary that Campbell - Ryce should be played in centre midfield like he was v Middlesbro or that Sno is a left midlfielder, I think all this pro-zone stuff is a load of crap, at the end of the day open eyes can see how a team is playing. You could put in 10 crosses a game and it would show up on PZ but it wouldn't tell you how good they were.

For me football is a simple game over complicated by too many coaches trying to confuse players

4-4-2 loads of wing play, tight marking strong tackles enjoy playing football, surely thats all players need to know, also what on earth does Millen read off them sheets of paper before he sends subs on

Archived