IGNORED

5 Year Contracts

Slave to the rhythm

Most on here will know my thoughts on Johnson since before christmas, but even i was pleased when we first tied Johnson up on a further 5 year deal.

As it transpires it was the wrong decsion , but right then and there it was a good decsion and the vast majority of us were over the moon with it.

Noone has a crystal ball and noone could have forseen us in freefall.

SL got it wrong with the signing of Tinnion but he got it spot on with the appointment of GJ.

GJ came in and shook this club by the roots, saved us from a relegation dog fight in his 1st season,

got us up in his 2nd season.

Took us to the PO final in our first season back in the CCC, and i must add we played some fantastic football that season, the sky pundits all remarked on our nice passing game, infact sky sports couldnt get enough of us then.

2nd season was always going to be a tough and Johnson rightly stuck by the players who got us to wembley, but we were found wanting, however a 10th place finish was not the end of the world.

This being our 3rd season at this level was always going to be the bench mark for Johnson and wether he took the club forward with the aid of money and a chairman who was prepared to go the extra mile for him.

Im afraid to say the hero, the messiah, the man whom we all boucned around the ground for and we all believed in is now becoming a laughing stock and the weight of fans against him is now overwhelming, its sad because deep down we all still have a soft spot for him, buts its now a case of hero to zero.

Gary thank you so much for what you have done for my beloved football team but its time to move over now and for SL to freshen things up even if its a temporary appointment from within, ie Hartley, walshy, Carey

Archived