IGNORED

A "happy Clapper" Writes...

Olé

Well I have and what you say is true and that is why I hope the SL has a backup plan. Last year I think it was he said no matter what happens we must stay in this division and not get relegated, we are now heading that way.

Erm sorry

Yes, the potential is there for us to be relegated....... but we are not yet relegated we still have everything to play for, you type as if it were inevitable?

Hey who's happy about BCFC at the moment......... that's what supporting a club like ours is all about is it not?

We live in interesting times........ as ever with City.

GJ will be hurting as much as us and will be worried by events, rest assured. Either way, we are all stronger together?

Maybe but the question really is, is he capable of turning things around? Especially as it seems he doesn't have the full support of his dressing room, doesn't know his best 11 and is making naive tactical mistakes on an increasingly regular basis, the worst case scenario is not relegation alone, it's relegation and the chairman being villified for making the wrong decision.

"Doesn't have the full support of the dressing room" - I've seen this a lot recently. Is there any basis in fact for this or is this malicious hearsay spreading like wildfire?

I'd be suprised if the players were entirely happy with what's going on, but I of course can only speculate as I'm sure 99.999999% of the posters on here can only do.

"Doesn't have the full support of the dressing room" - I've seen this a lot recently. Is there any basis in fact for this or is this malicious hearsay spreading like wildfire?

I'd be suprised if the players were entirely happy with what's going on, but I of course can only speculate as I'm sure 99.999999% of the posters on here can only do.

I made a post after JCR signed, he stated that he had friends already at the club and I basically said if he had friends at the club he wouldn't be coming here if those friends didn't have faith in the manager so would this be the end of "GJ has lost the dressing room". It disappeared quite quickly though as it wasn't that contraversal.

GJ will be hurting as much as us and will be worried by events, rest assured. Either way, we are all stronger together?

Maybe but the question really is, is he capable of turning things around? Especially as it seems he doesn't have the full support of his dressing room, doesn't know his best 11 and is making naive tactical mistakes on an increasingly regular basis, the worst case scenario is not relegation alone, it's relegation and the chairman being villified for making the wrong decision.

Yes he is capable of turning things around, but we only have to recall the last time he had to turn us around for us to see how bad it could get before it gets better. Notwithstanding the fact that he was in a win-win situation back then as he'd just taken over and we were already in the mire. Personally i think there are two problems that GJ currently has. One is the lack of confidence in the side and the other one is the lack of confidence in himself to pick our best eleven. The two are obviously directly linked and last nights showing has only sought to prove that we are in a 'lack of confidence' downward spiral which will take a couple of back to back wins to recover, even then possibly only temporarily. The trouble is the players belief, i think, is so low that they won't have the right frame of mind to enable back to back wins to be achieved, which of course leaves only one course of action, which is fresh impetus from a new manager. Believe me, as a big GJ fan (i really, really, really, really, really despise the term 'happy clapper') i find that extremely difficult to say. Of course, we might win every game from now to the end of the season and just pip Newcastle to the title and we will all be proven wrong............................ Ultimately i would love for GJ to turn things around as he is one of the only managers we've had in my time supporting City (25+ years) that i've actually warmed to, but his body language recently and admission of defeat last night tells me this unfortunately won't be the case.

I'd like to think that Steve Lansdown would be or would have already sounded out prospective new managers availability just in case GJ's position becomes untenable, so we would have a quick transition to the new guy. I've always thought that this is how football works, that a new man is lined up prior to the incumbent getting the boot, so we would hopefully get a new man in and a fresh face and voice for the players to get us rolling up the league again.

...even just last season put a run together after Christmas that recovered WORSE form than this and kept the season alive and in credit:

Oct 25th to Dec 26th last season - 1 Win 6 Draws 5 Defeats, GF 9 GA 18, started October 25th in 4TH, went into December 26th in 18TH

After this we turned it around and were back in 4th in February. So we dropped 14 places with worse form than now, and recovered 14 places after it....

I'd forgotten about this, it shows people have short memories when it comes to football. Although I rarely post on here, I consider myself a Johnson "happy clapper". I've started to have doubts recently, although those doubts have been tinged with more doubts about whether I've been able to judge adequately given I've only been to a few games (due to where I live) and listen mostly on Player.

Having seen the total disaster at my home town club Derby County in the last decade of turmoil, I definitely believe that sacking Johnson would be a disaster. In the last decade Derby County have had eight managers, and finished eigth from bottom in the decade league table. They've also had at least five owners. Conversely, we've had four managers and two owners. Stability is the key. Johnson has proven he can turn it around, he has a good squad and time. We are only 13th afterall and it's only just February. We need to get behind GJ and ALL the players, Johnson needs to pick a formation, the players and stick with it. Again, stability is the key. Squad rotation works for Chelski etc, but we don't have Michael Ballack on the bench, we don't even have Michael McIndoe.

In SL I trust first and foremost, in GJ I trust too. Just maybe not as much as before. If we get relegated, or the season is awful and we narrowly avoid relegation, then Johnson's position may need examining, but to make a change now, especially with any new manager not being able to sign his players, would I think condem City to League One and trips Leyton Orient, Walsall and North Bristol. <sigh>

Stewart

Good thread this, what a forum should be about.

I remain positive cause its in my nature BUT we are in a serious rut.

We need something to spark us off ,something that will unite us again. Couple of wins would be nice.

Players thrive on confidence and its drained out of them right now. I dont believe for a minute that Gj has lost them but, IMO, he's got to stop tinkering.

Decide on a formation and play the same 11 as often as possible praying%20smiley.gif

Archived