IGNORED

Transfers

Sniper

Why are we so inept in signing anyone decent? (Ok Lets take Maynard/Basso and Hartley out of the equation)

Is it the scouting?

Is it the fact that players just don't want to play for the so called pub team of the Championship?

Is it because we won't pay the transfer fees?

Is it the fact we won't pay the wages?

Is it because Steve L is maybe a little too cautious? (Ok I know we will be stuffed without him but this is just about the Transfer M) Ok we don't want to end up like Crystal Pal-arse but sometimes I think we should go for it a bit more and take a slight gamble and spend just a bit more. As an example £800,000 on Clarkson (who I really hope finds his form soon) could have been say 1.2 Million on someone else? £400,000 isn't going to bankrupt us but could have been the difference in quality.

Is it the fact that Gary really hates big money signings as they usually come with a big ego that he won't be able to handle?

Why bother with loan signings (unless it's an emergency?) as these are players that usually can't get into their clubs first team i.e. Agyemang, so why the hell do we want them. It would be nice once and a while to take a youngster from Man U or Chelsea. We do sometimes get linked with a name but it never seems to go anywhere?

Will we ever have another SUPER BOB?

We do sign decent players, as you yourself admit. Elliott, Hartley, Maynard, Adebola, Basso, McIndoe, all good players. A few failures, admittedly - Styvar, Sno, Saborio - which seems to suggest that some players coming from abroad have difficulty adapting to Championship football.

We do pay reasonable transfer fees

We do pay good wages

Steve Lansdown too cautious? Would you rather we were another Portsmouth? Thank god he is cautious, or we really would be in the doo-doo.

You mean will we ever have another player who had a superb first season for us and then didn't seem to be able to hit a barn door with a banjo, before being sold to a rival club for a pittance where he suddenly remembered how to play football? I'm not sure I'd want one of those to be honest!

Archived