IGNORED

Landsdown Pockets Another £10 Million

headhunter

Read this in the Daily Mail today:

The two founders of Haregaves Lansdown are boosting the first half dividend - handing themselves £24.6 million - as they seek to avoid paying the new higher rate tax on earnings from April.

Chief Executive Peter Hargreaves will bank dividends worth about £14.3 million on his 32pc stake in the investment broker, while fellow director Stephen Lansdown will get £10.3 million on his 23pc holding

Steve may not splash his cash in the way we like but while he is at the helm the club is in safe hands.

If Johnson continues to fail Lansdown has the financial power to pay him off but to pick up a comment on another thread if he really likes the guy then I think he would give him the chance to get us back up if relegated - not something we would like but two seasons in League 1 celebrating promotion and a new stadium for 2012!!!!

Steve may not splash his cash in the way we like but while he is at the helm the club is in safe hands.

I don't think we can accuse Steve of not 'splashing his cash'. He's basically financing BCFC, and has spent about £2m on strikers alone this season.

Whether GJ is spending it wisely is another matter.....

SL stated this morning that he was unhappy with the poor results, the only reason we haven't slipped into the relegation zone is because of our early season form, and we have to end the poor run of form pretty soon. Doesn't sound like a man thats prepared to let us go down to me.

Absolutely. SL will move heaven and earth to ensure we don't get relegated, and quite right too.

Show's how lucky we are to have such a chairman instead of the foreign jokers who are doing their best to ruin football, having told the players that their performances affected the clubs plans it was obvious he was not a happy bunny. He appears to be as commited to bringing the club success as ever with or without a certain cockney manager .

I've no problems with how much SL makes or takes. Whatever the personal financial situation, his running of BCFC is professional and steady, and his worth is different to how much cash is in his wallet.

On the GJ situation, it must be very galling for SL to have installed so much faith in an employee and given him the stability and sound base to work from only to find his employee is now no longer working well with the tools proveded and is wasting the very sound situation he found himself in.

We must remember that without SL we wouldn't be considering such a positive future, and although things are rough at the moment i feel it important we back SL and show we appreciate him. Difficult to do when the manager is being decried from all angles (myself included)

We must remember that without SL we wouldn't be considering such a positive future, and although things are rough at the moment i feel it important we back SL and show we appreciate him. Difficult to do when the manager is being decried from all angles (myself included)

very true; I agree completely and we have to have faith in Steve to do what's right, and most of all support him in that. I have absolutely no idea what his feelings and intentions are about GJs future, but it may be, for example, that he thinks its more important to keep the ship stable for the next few weeks while all the stadium plans are going through and that changing managers would damage that process. Clearly Steve is no fool when it comes to business and I think we have to trust him on that.

Read the Evening Post done for tax reasons fair shout to both of them started the buisness in a flat in Clifton and he has always said City & there company are totally seperate bu tas i said earlier wouldn't mind him using abit of it to pay of Johnson.

Thought you said that was tongue in cheek?

The two founders of Haregaves Lansdown are boosting the first half dividend - handing themselves £24.6 million - as they seek to avoid paying the new higher rate tax on earnings from April.

Chief Executive Peter Hargreaves will bank dividends worth about £14.3 million on his 32pc stake in the investment broker, while fellow director Stephen Lansdown will get £10.3 million on his 23pc holding

If Johnson continues to fail Lansdown has the financial power to pay him off but to pick up a comment on another thread if he really likes the guy then I think he would give him the chance to get us back up if relegated - not something we would like but two seasons in League 1 celebrating promotion and a new stadium for 2012!!!!

Gary Johnson and Co and their underperforming strikers can thank their lucky stars that Steve Lansdown isn't a Mafia boss or else they'd be floating face down down the river Avon right now. :whistle2:

I don't think we can accuse Steve of not 'splashing his cash'. He's basically financing BCFC, and has spent about £2m on strikers alone this season.

Whether GJ is spending it wisely is another matter.....

We've also got to be grateful to Keith Dawes as Vice-Chairman also. Now I don't know how much money he's put in compared to Steve Lansdown, but I'm guessing it must be an equal percentage, so fair play and thanks to him also.

Likewise, I'm not too sure of the involvement of the other two directors, namely Colin Sexstone(non share holding) and Doug Harman, but many thanks must go to their efforts also.

I do like this thread because for all our problems on the pitch, at this moment in time we must be one of the most secure clubs financially, whatever the lads serve up on the pitch at least we all know that we are going to have a team to support for years to come

I do like this thread because for all our problems on the pitch, at this moment in time we must be one of the most secure clubs financially, whatever the lads serve up on the pitch at least we all know that we are going to have a team to support for years to come

Our financial security comes entirely down to the choices made by SL. I trust him, but security which comes down to just one individual is always vulnerable.

Long live SL!

Absolutely. SL will move heaven and earth to ensure we don't get relegated, and quite right too.

How may I ask, is going to do that....?

Its clear that he feels he has given GJ a big enough purse to enable the club to compete at the top end of the Championship, But has he....?

The only way he could move heaven & earth at this stage of the season to prevent relegation is either to pump some big sums of cash into the club to secure some half decent players or to change the management structure and hope it has the desired effect.

If option one was available he should have done it early season so the club could mount a proper challenge for promotion.

So that leaves option 2. It will be too late to try and bolster the squad with new signings when we slip into the relegation mire so its pretty obvious that GJ will be shown the door within the next few weeks if results dont dramatically improve.

I would be tempted to pay off GJ now and put in a caretaker. And offer the players a 250k bonus if they can remain unbeaten in 75% of the remaining games. I would bet all I own that it would have the desired effect.

That will wipe out his 10million windfall but will probably save three times that if the club is still in the Championship next year.!

Archived