IGNORED

Local Democracy And Bcfc

Rich

BCFC have recently joined the Greater Bedminster Community Partnership (GBCP).

This is a group, set up by the local authority to represent the local community, to be a part of it's policy making and devolve some power from the council into the local community.

Local community groups and businesses are welcome and encouraged to join the partnership, as well as the local councillors.

Within this group is another group of self elected people who vet planning applications in the area, (like the one at Ashton gate) as Alice Ferguson the daughter of George Ferguson puts it.

The secretary is Ben Barker and he is being pushed by, Mathew Georges, Diane (I think Jones), Tess Green ( the proposed Green councillor for Southville) to ban BCFC from this partnership.

This group of unelected representatives of Greater Bedminster, formally opposed the Tesco plans for Ashton gate.

I believe they will also do this with the Sainsbury's plan.

I believe they are the same people that were in Berate and are using this community partnership instead of a protest group to help their cause.

How could they deny membership to an organisation that has been so prominent in the local community for over 100 years and claim to be representative of that same community.

These people are trying to run their own form of democracy where certain people are excluded.

They are there to see on their forum Bemmy-forum@forums.e-democracy.org and emails have been sent to many members ( for what reason we can only speculate).

I suggest that the Trust, supporters club and any other community groups join this partnership, as well as any local businesses in the area.

Mods, please let this remain here to involve everyone.

BCFC have recently joined the Greater Bedminster Community Partnership (GBCP).

This is a group, set up by the local authority to represent the local community, to be a part of it's policy making and devolve some power from the council into the local community.

Local community groups and businesses are welcome and encouraged to join the partnership, as well as the local councillors.

Within this group is another group of self elected people who vet planning applications in the area, (like the one at Ashton gate) as Alice Ferguson the daughter of George Ferguson puts it.

The secretary is Ben Barker and he is being pushed by, Mathew Georges, Diane (I think Jones), Tess Green ( the proposed Green councillor for Southville) to ban BCFC from this partnership.

This group of unelected representatives of Greater Bedminster, formally opposed the Tesco plans for Ashton gate.

I believe they will also do this with the Sainsbury's plan.

I believe they are the same people that were in Berate and are using this community partnership instead of a protest group to help their cause.

How could they deny membership to an organisation that has been so prominent in the local community for over 100 years and claim to be representative of that same community.

These people are trying to run their own form of democracy where certain people are excluded.

They are there to see on their forum Bemmy-forum@forums.e-democracy.org[/ email] and emails have been sent to many members ( for what reason we can only speculate).

I suggest that the Trust, supporters club and any other community groups join this partnership, as well as any local businesses in the area.

Mods, please let this remain here to involve everyone.

A cynic might ask why BCFC are now, and only now, joining a local organisation that has been in existance almost as long as BCFC has. Did they have nothing to gain before?

http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/bemmy-forum/messages/topics.html

http://www.greaterbedminster.org.uk

Their consitution says membership is open to private businesses operating in the area so we qualify, it also makes clear it's open to all political parties so it isn't meant to be a closed shop for ***** like Charlie Bolton.

Why shouldn't BCFC join? As a club that's been an important part of the community longer than any other members it should be in there.

Why does there have to be some cynical motive? Surely working with other members of the community rather than in opposition is a good thing.

A cynic might ask why BCFC are now, and only now, joining a local organisation that has been in existance almost as long as BCFC has. Did they have nothing to gain before?

This local organisation has been running for four years, so not quite as long as the club have been in the community, or come to think of it probably most of their members.

If being part of the community partnership is to ban members of the community, then what community do they have if not a divided one.

They were invited by Charlie Bolton to join, or so he told me.

Prior to this I doubt they knew of the partnership, as they run their own community events.

http://forums.e-demo...ges/topics.html

http://www.greaterbedminster.org.uk

Their consitution says membership is open to private businesses operating in the area so we qualify, it also makes clear it's open to all political parties so it isn't meant to be a closed shop for Charlie Bolton.

Why shouldn't BCFC join? As a club that's been an important part of the community longer than any other members it should be in there.

Why does there have to be some cynical motive? Surely working with other members of the community rather than in opposition is a good thing.

bcfc are in it, what's the problem?

what proof have you got for this conspiricy?

and if they that powerful how come they couldn't stop BCFC joining the partnership in the first place?

how's your boycot of the tobacco factory coming along?

Have you the intelligence to use the link? if so the proof is there.

The partnership is open for all businesses and community groups and local councillors.

Could you tell me what on earth you have been taking to accuse me of running a boycott of the Tobacco Factory.

This local organisation has been running for four years, so not quite as long as the club have been in the community, or come to think of it probably most of their members.

If being part of the community partnership is to ban members of the community, then what community do they have if not a divided one.

They were invited by Charlie Bolton to join, or so he told me.

Prior to this I doubt they knew of the partnership, as they run their own community events.

Sorry, misread the part of your post about being around for 100yrs, thought you meant the organisation BCFC wished to join. I was just playing devil's advocate.

There is now a post on the site where, a Mathew Symonds is suggesting having various levels of membership, such as friends of Bedminster and giving different levels of voting, depending on what level of membership they decide you can have.

It seems obvious to me they don't want a big organisation such as BCFC to be a member with equal rights, Yet they will let the local church and it's giant organisation join.

It strikes me of great hypocracy. These are the business's that are happy enough to take the money of supporters on match days. They also accuse the club of not "talking" to the community but when given the opportunity to enter a forum which would encourage dialogue between us and our neighbours they attempt to ban us.

So by the sounds of it, if you don't agree with the vocals within the group then you aren't welcome. Sounds a little like OTIB at times whistle.gif

The bit that irritated me was yet another dopey green party candidate (Tess Green) posting this:

"They represent "Big Business" and have little engagement with the local community"

She's one of good ole red trousered twonk Georgie Ferguson's stooges and used to work for him I believe.

How exactly does a football club that's been at the very centre of the community for longer than she has been alive and reaches out to thousands of young people running sporting projects have little engagement with the community?

Read up you ignorant old bat:

http://www.bcfc.co.u...mmunityDetail/0,,10327~1945168,00.html

How do you square up your apparent belief in local people having control over decisions that affect them (http://www.bristolgr....uk/Southville/) and the fact that a truly vast majority in Bristol and Bedminster support this project with your deceitful opposition to it?

I reserve a special kind of contempt for opportunistic dishonest local politicians who do their best to hold this city back.

• SC&T Board Members

The bit that irritated me was yet another dopey green party candidate (Tess Green) posting this:

"They represent "Big Business" and have little engagement with the local community"

She's one of good ole red trousered twonk Georgie Ferguson's stooges and used to work for him I believe.

How exactly does a football club that's been at the very centre of the community for longer than she has been alive and reaches out to thousands of young people running sporting projects have little engagement with the community?

Read up you ignorant old bat:

http://www.bcfc.co.u...mmunityDetail/0,,10327~1945168,00.html

How do you square up your apparent belief in local people having control over decisions that affect them (http://www.bristolgr....uk/Southville/) and the fact that a truly vast majority in Bristol and Bedminster support this project with your deceitful opposition to it?

I reserve a special kind of contempt for opportunistic dishonest local politicians who do their best to hold this city back.

It doesn't show!

Exactly, why has our football club suddenly got involved with this blatantly Lib-Lab-Con-nunist organisation? cool2.gif

R G

The poster got his information mixed up, he thought the partnership was running for 100 years.

The partnership has been running for about four years.

The board members appear to be very much the same as the Berate members, they were also members of all other groups in the area that voiced opposition to the previous Plans for Ashton gate, this makes it seem that more groups are against the plans, in reality it is the same people.

I expect BCFC joined the group to have a better dialogue with the local community, as opposed to press releases and responding to accusations of lack of dialogue from these people.

I don't think there are any conservatives in the group.

is that democratic?

looks like Green Councillor Charlie Bolton will be voting to keep BCFC in

It's difficult to know what their definition of democracy is.

After reading the posts, the board seem to think they can decide who can join the partnership,

depending on whether they like the type of organisation or not.

This is the board who vote each other onto the board.

Archived