IGNORED

Sl And His Fortune

Tinmansleftboot

I love what SL has brought to BCFC over the years but I'm interested to know how much of his own money he has ploughed into City in his time in charge.

Does he really finance the club from top to bottom or does he guarantee loans against the club secure in the knowledge that his own money is safe. It would be interesting to know.

Could he do more?

Just food for thought. As I said, I don't really know what his 'real' financial commitment is to City.

Discuss...........

He and Keith Dawe at a guess have turned at least £10million of debt into shares. As for total investment I wouldn't be suprised to see double the £10m figure.

Indeed, but this is all done under the name of Bristol City. What I'm getting at is the fact that he could probably do more. Do we give him too much credit. Of course he wants to protect his own cash, as I would, but I'd like to know how much of his own cash he's actually spent on the City.

I'm not questioning his love for the club. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm just bored of the 'Johnson out' threads......

Indeed, but this is all done under the name of Bristol City. What I'm getting at is the fact that he could probably do more. Do we give him too much credit. Of course he wants to protect his own cash, as I would, but I'd like to know how much of his own cash he's actually spent on the City.

I'm not questioning his love for the club. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm just bored of the 'Johnson out' threads......

I am also bored of GJ out threads

As for SL the financial report of 2 or 3 years ago shows an investment from SL of circa £6m turning club debt into shares which he holds. The only way he could have done this is by investing his own money into the club. I also believe there is a investment of £500k a year from each SL & KD to sit as directors of the club.

I also don't understand how people think he could and should do more. I don't want a Notts County, Chelsea, Man C or Pompy. This is our football club not only SL's and he openly states this on a regular basis, we all should be funding as we do.

The business acumen that SL has, no football club could afford to pay his salary on a commercial level to be there executive chairman. Personally I am honoured to have someone of SL's stature at the helm of our club.

The club pays out far more than it earns (£6.5m loss last year) and to finance this the club borrows money from banks in the form of a whacking great overdraft and loans.

Every couple of years SL and sometimes Keith Dawe buy "loan stock" putting money into the club that pays off some or most of the debt to the banks.

The loan stock has a term (3 yrs usually if I recall) and if the money invested is not repaid to the holders by that term it converts to ordinary stock increasing their shareholding (and decreasing that of other investors).

They invest comfortably more money than any sane person would value the club at and SL at least will invest a huge amount more in financing some of the stadium project.

I would not want them to spend more on the first team, in fact I am not that comfortable with the amount we spend annually now, because it isn't sustainable until we get the stadium built and the increased revenue from it.

SL does more than he should IMO but I am delighted that he plans to invest in the stadium which is the most sensible way to provide for the club long term.

Archived