IGNORED

Ps3 Ylod

Gazred

Crash, beep beep and shutdown. Had the poor bugger since release day and since the reports started coming in of the YLOD fault i knew his card was marked, a dead man walking.

Its the best part of a £100 for the place down the road to repair it. Just wondered if anyone else has had an original model repaired and is it still running since? Seeing as the repair price is getting on for half the price of a new slim model, it might just be worth getting one now if its likely to devlop the same fault again.

Crash, beep beep and shutdown. Had the poor bugger since release day and since the reports started coming in of the YLOD fault i knew his card was marked, a dead man walking.

Its the best part of a £100 for the place down the road to repair it. Just wondered if anyone else has had an original model repaired and is it still running since? Seeing as the repair price is getting on for half the price of a new slim model, it might just be worth getting one now if its likely to devlop the same fault again.

Seeing your out of warranty Sony will want £150 for them to send you a refurbished one, however I have heard of people managing to get a refurbished one for free. Ring Sony and tell them you've had the PS1, PS2 and PS3 you have around 30 games for your console, if the person on the end of the phone tells you you have to pay £150 ask to speak to their manager and just continue this process, eventaully you should get someone who will offer you a refurbished one free of charge. Worth a try anyway.

my original died before christmas i had it under warranty and they fixed it but it died again last night believe it or not the blue ray reader packed in the noise coming from it was unbelievable a really loud buzzing noise then it stopped reading the discs they wanted £135 to fix it my warranty ran out on the 1st jan so i just went out and bought myself a brand new 250g Slim for £225

I think im gonna replace it with a new slim. Where did you find your 250gb for £225? Thats a great price.

i had some vouchers left over from christmas so put them towards it in argos it would of been nearly £300 otherwise but look on amazon they have some pretty good bundle packages

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84664873_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000344563&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1M0W5BESEEN7KDTSRKKG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=478777833&pf_rd_i=16423381

Ah i see, thought it was too good a price. Cheapest ive seen a 120 slim is about 220-230, time to raid the savings!

Don't accept that the warranty is the only obligation these companies have. There's a consumer law that states that any item purchased must last for a reasonable time. There's a standard response to send off to companies that demands that they repair it at a fair price or replace it free of charge. We did it for a laptop that was 2 months out of warranty as 14 months for a £400 laptop is a ridiculously short time.

Might be worth a call to your local office of fair trading - they're really helpful and will tell you more or less word for word what you need to write in the letter.

Don't accept that the warranty is the only obligation these companies have. There's a consumer law that states that any item purchased must last for a reasonable time. There's a standard response to send off to companies that demands that they repair it at a fair price or replace it free of charge. We did it for a laptop that was 2 months out of warranty as 14 months for a £400 laptop is a ridiculously short time.

Might be worth a call to your local office of fair trading - they're really helpful and will tell you more or less word for word what you need to write in the letter.

You sir are a star.

My laptop started to turn itself off for no reason a month after the warranty ran out.

I called HP who didnt want to know so then called Consumer direct who told me what to do. One call to Comet later and my laptop is in for repair at no cost to me.

The bloke at comet didnt want to know until i quoted what consumer direct had told me about the sale of goods act.

Thanks again.

Archived