IGNORED

Centre Half Needed Urgently

redrebel

Iwelumo would be a great signing and although he is another striker Ageymang and Saborio are so poor it would really improve things upfrony.But what continues to worry me is the defence we have to get a half decent sized centre half to win the first ball headers and marsall the defence.I thought Taylor was real quality for Watford on tuesday.Why the hell didn't Johnson try and get him or if not him someone similar.Sorting out the defensive shambles will be key to our survival hopes.

I said this at the start of the season, Louis is past it and the young ones need a leader, Martin Taylor would have been an excellent signing for us.

If we don't get a strong/experienced centre half in we will go down.

BCAGFC

i still think that when he was bought, jamie mccombe was meant to fill this gap.. It's a shame he hasn't got the positional sense, ground work and injury resistance to fulfill this role. on paper he should be ready made for it.

i still think that when he was bought, jamie mccombe was meant to fill this gap.. It's a shame he hasn't got the positional sense, ground work and injury resistance to fulfill this role. on paper he should be ready made for it.

For a huge man mountain, Jamie McCombe is terrible in the air, not strong enough and gets beaten to many balls that should be easy for a man of his stature.

JM played a big part in our promotion season but his time is up I am afraid, good CCL1 defender.

None of our CBKs are exactly good in the air as well, this is why we struggle against the likes of Henderson, Helguson etc etc.

BCAGFC

sorry but i disagree, i think jm is good in the air but in this league he has had to adapt his game to look for other threats. he will still win 80% of high balls but at times (esp. playing alongside louis) he has half an eye on the fact that if he misses the ball then he may need to get back down the field quickly. louis is a great cb but i think his influence may have strangled jm's growth.

Archived