IGNORED

No Passion, Pride, Or Effort

Ashton Great

I write this on my phone on my wall back to the car from bramall lane. Today was yet another gutless spineless performance in which we rolled over and accepted defeat against mediocre opposition. I truly believe that it's time for a change.

If nothing changes now we're on a one way course to league one.

It's plain to see the players no longer believe and I really can't see where the next draw let alone the next win is coming from.

I didn't travel for 4 hours just to watchvoyr boys roll over and this is the first time in my life I'm ashamed to be a city fan.

Please steve. Act now before it's too late

I write this on my phone on my wall back to the car from bramall lane. Today was yet another gutless spineless performance in which we rolled over and accepted defeat against mediocre opposition. I truly believe that it's time for a change.

If nothing changes now we're on a one way course to league one.

It's plain to see the players no longer believe and I really can't see where the next draw let alone the next win is coming from.

I didn't travel for 4 hours just to watchvoyr boys roll over and this is the first time in my life I'm ashamed to be a city fan.

Please steve. Act now before it's too late

Thank you thats all i needed to know, was hoping for a view from a fan who went today!! was it really that bad??

You know how, especially at an away game, you get up out of your seat when we go close, close in on goal, narrowly miss a chance etc. Well, it didn't happen once today. Never left my seat. We were just plain boring. Heard it described by someone leaving the ground as 90 minutes of aimless kicking, and that about summed it up.

You know how, especially at an away game, you get up out of your seat when we go close, close in on goal, narrowly miss a chance etc. Well, it didn't happen once today. Never left my seat. We were just plain boring. Heard it described by someone leaving the ground as 90 minutes of aimless kicking, and that about summed it up.

very good post

Start of the first half we did OK, created little, but shaded possession. After that, Utd held the upper hand, and looked menacing, particularly down the right, where Nyatanga did not seem to have a clue about the left back role. Second half started badly as Utd really looked to take the game to us, and within 3 minutes, a static defence, looking for an offside flag, more in hope than expectation, let Camara through to score. They continued pressing, and no surprise on two fronts, another goal, another goal against City for Henderson. After that, we improved (No great achievement) and we finally realised that Sproule was on the pitch. We huffed and puffed a bit, but lacked threat, and Gerken made a couple of good saves, as Utd carried much more threat. Haynes and Elliott for Sgeymang and williams made no difference and Clarkson for Skuse into time added on was just pointless. Two youngsters on the bench, they might as well not bother to be there.

Individually, it was hard to find positives, Gerken may be a good shot-stopper, but is line-bound and clearly does not understand he concept of communicating with defenders. The defence was generally poor, with Nyatanga looking exceptionally bad at left back. Skuse and Hartley looked like they wanted to be elsewhere. Sproule woke up once we were two down, a few runs, but little end product. Williams made one good move first half, then it was mostly defence, trying to work out where Nyatanga had gone. Ageymang continues to unimpress, and you just wonder - WHY? What on Earth did our scouts see? Did anyone actually watch him play? I felt sorry for Iwelumo, he tried, but had poor service, and just joined the general low level. Wolves Reserves must look appealing right now. As for the 3 subs, all made no difference.

All in all, pretty dire stuff, so that's three away games in a row where we have created next to nothing. Nothing positive, it was a complete and utter waste of eyesight. By bad luck I bumped into a Sheff Utd supporting friend and he was pleasantly surprised by how bad we had been. "Can we play you every week" was his cheery parting shot, on todays performance, a sentiment that would be echoed by most Championship sides. Where will we get another 15 points? Can we afford to sack Johnson, or can we afford not to? As for the atmosphere, totally flat in the City end. Dull resignation just hoping that Utd might not score, as it was pretty obvious that we were not going to, barring some fluke.

I'm not sure if anyone will even read this latest rant on the list, but I need it out of my system.

(sorry for anyone that doesn't need this)

I've just got back from Bramall Lane. As an ever optimistic City fan, I took a friend to the game today. I know our play has been bad (I saw it first hand at Boro), but I honestly believe it was a confidence issue.

Still reading?

Well.....

I have never EVER written a negative post about GJ since I joined this message board (check my posts!!) but that was TRULY FU**ING SHOCKING. I was embarassed today to be a City fan. My friend, a Spurs fan btw, just shrugged thinking this was Championship standard football. It. Was. Not.

We were terrible. Begrudingly, I give credit to Iwelumo, Orr and Hartley, but the rest of the team might as well not have been there. And as for GJ - Gary, you're a nice enough bloke, but that's your problem. Too Fu**ing nice. Yeah, I'm sure the press lap up your kind words about everyone else, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get in the dressing room and kick a shoe at someone or something.

I refuse to keep putting myself through this week after week (not to mention the bloody cost). Am I happy we're in the Championship? Yes. Do I appreciate that is a big feat in itself from where the club was? Yes. Do I expect to win every game? No.

I just want to turn up and watch players that believe. I don't expect defenders not listening to their goalkeeper. I don't expect forwards not chasing down balls that could potentially lead to a goal. I don't expect midfielders to just head the ball any fu**ing where cause 'that'll do'.

Get a grip City. Please. I really REALLY want to see you do well, but you are screwing up everything you have worked so hard for.

<phew>

Rant over....

Guest bigcheese

From the Dolman end Gerken is always screaming at the defence so don;t know that he doesnt command the area any more or less than Basso.

Overall I would agree, how depressing is it to go away and see your team just piss into the wind rather than turn up and actually perform! (maybe we would have had a season in the prem if someone could answer that!)

Didn`t go yesterday, still recovering from the Watford debacle.

Cannot justify the money for away games, they are just re-runs of the Doncaster away game,I still want my money back!

Ipswich anyone,£31 for crap view with posts plus travel???

If LJ was MOM against Watford , according to the EP, why wasn`t he playing yesterday?

My MOM vs Watford, was Clarkson, who ran his socks-off , was sub yesterday.Yet we still persist with Agfyethingy.We all knew he was cack before he was signed ,5 games later he is still being played.Get down to spec savers GJ before its too late.

This is a Stern John re-run.

CTID

Didn`t go yesterday, still recovering from the Watford debacle.

Cannot justify the money for away games, they are just re-runs of the Doncaster away game,I still want my money back!

Ipswich anyone,£31 for crap view with posts plus travel???

If LJ was MOM against Watford , according to the EP, why wasn`t he playing yesterday?

My MOM vs Watford, was Clarkson, who ran his socks-off , was sub yesterday.Yet we still persist with Agfyethingy.We all knew he was cack before he was signed ,5 games later he is still being played.Get down to spec savers GJ before its too late.

This is a Stern John re-run.

CTID

£31! that I am afraid is far too much,my bubble has burst I think Reading will be my only away game this season

I went to the game yesterday and we were poor. Played well the first 15 minutes then we couldnt do bugger all. Iwelumo with a fully fit Maynard or Haynes could do some real damage in this league. Agyemang did nothing as usual. This surely has to be Carey's last season for us the guy was poor and seemed clueless, afraid age has caught up with him. Only player I thought looked interested in the game was Sproule. Only guy who took them on and atleast got a few balls in the box. We couldnt string two passes together and made Sheff U look good.

One thing I have to say about BBC Sheffield. Alot of their fans rang in saying that was a superb performance from their team. Im sorry but if they think that is a good performance lord help them. They were poor we were just very very poor. If we were playing well at the moment there is no doubt about it we would of hammered them yesterday.

Also GJ didnt even come over to the away end to clap the supporters. Think he knows he's in the deep s**** now.

Archived