IGNORED

Shouldnt The Players Take Some Responsibility

BIGPHIL

Its all well and good to keep slagging of GJ, but dont you think that the players should take some responsibility. These people are being payed an awful lot of money to play for our Club isnt it about time they started earning it. There has been comments about having the strongest squad ever, on paper we have an excellent squad etc etc so now they should be showing that they are worth their big wages. It is easy to hide behind the manager who is the one taking all sorts of abuse and carry on picking up thousands of pounds a week but for what. All we are getting week in week out is some very poor performances from players who can and should be doing much better. This doesnt meem that tuesday night we go down and give them grief, we support the Club, but we should be getting better performances than we are seeing.

Personally, I haven't seen anything wrong from the players in terms of committment or passion. I think any fault that lays with them is a consequence of the mis-management we've all had to endure this season.

I honestly, believe that blaming the players is like burying your head in the sand.

Personally, I haven't seen anything wrong from the players in terms of committment or passion. I think any fault that lays with them is a consequence of the mis-management we've all had to endure this season.

I honestly, believe that blaming the players is like burying your head in the sand.

I dont think so myself. Thr one thing im not doing is burying my head in the sand. I really dont see how you can say that the players arnt doing anything wrong. There may be the passion and commitment from some but this is a team game for which everyone on the fiekd needs to show the passion and commitment shown by the few. Im also not saying that the management shouldnt take some of thee blame. For what these players are paid we should be getting more.

In answer to your heading question, of course the players should take some responsibility.

They are in a very privileged position to be paid a good salary for something they enjoy and really...do pretty well and better than many others in the world.

If they were in a standard 9-5 job on the same wages performing like they are now, how do you think the boss would react? Personally they need to sort themselves out and get on and perform their job to the best of their ability, if they can't do that, then they should not be employed here.

MM

I dont think so myself. Thr one thing im not doing is burying my head in the sand. I really dont see how you can say that the players arnt doing anything wrong. There may be the passion and commitment from some but this is a team game for which everyone on the fiekd needs to show the passion and commitment shown by the few. Im also not saying that the management shouldnt take some of thee blame. For what these players are paid we should be getting more.

Out of interest which players do you feel are not giving enough? I don't see a lack of passion; I only see a lack of confidence and understanding.

Its all well and good to keep slagging of GJ, but dont you think that the players should take some responsibility. These people are being payed an awful lot of money to play for our Club isnt it about time they started earning it. There has been comments about having the strongest squad ever, on paper we have an excellent squad etc etc so now they should be showing that they are worth their big wages. It is easy to hide behind the manager who is the one taking all sorts of abuse and carry on picking up thousands of pounds a week but for what. All we are getting week in week out is some very poor performances from players who can and should be doing much better. This doesnt meem that tuesday night we go down and give them grief, we support the Club, but we should be getting better performances than we are seeing.

The players, brought in by GJ for a fortune, are not good enough. Not much they can do except putting in a good shift.

englandsmile4wf.gif Of course they should.So should the fans.When they come out on tuesday we will be right behind them.The players must respond and keep the fans cheering.If it goes tits up then we must get behind them even more'

.If we love this club like we all say we do we should be behind them 100% of the game.Any moaning or booing should be against the ref or the other team.No team has lost to the final whistle.So let tuesday night be one to remember as the city fans remember the team they support.BRISTOL CITYenglandsmile4wf.gif and sod the rest.

englandsmile4wf.gif Of course they should.So should the fans.When they come out on tuesday we will be right behind them.The players must respond and keep the fans cheering.If it goes tits up then we must get behind them even more'

.If we love this club like we all say we do we should be behind them 100% of the game.Any moaning or booing should be against the ref or the other team.No team has lost to the final whistle.So let tuesday night be one to remember as the city fans remember the team they support.BRISTOL CITYenglandsmile4wf.gif and sod the rest.

Its a players responsibility to keep themselves fit and motivated for game time, to be able to use skills to the best of their ability. Its the managers job to get the best out of the players and have them playing as a team. also, to motivate the team and individual players by honing in on tactics, strategies and having them wanting to play and them wanting the team to play as a team.

This is where its falling apart I think i.e. being able to tilt a game through tactics and strategy and being able to change in flight to leverage a play against the other teams strategy. We are staying the same and our opposition is changing their game against our system.

Cheers Cockney just the sort of response I was hoping for. The bigger problem is that far to many seem to lack the enthusiasum for the fight. We are bristol City. That should be through good and bad. Okay we havent seen the best this season but im awhully sure that we have seen a lot worse. Support the Clib Support The team which ever one is selected, but first and formost we should be supporting the CLUB, thats BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB. WE ALWAYS BELIEVE>

Out of interest which players do you feel are not giving enough? I don't see a lack of passion; I only see a lack of confidence and understanding.

Marvin "I haven't tackled anyone in 2 years" Elliot?

Jamie "I can't be arsed to look up so I'll wack it long regardless of who is up top" Mccalister?

Bradley "Positional discipline? pah!" Orr?

Its a players responsibility to keep themselves fit and motivated for game time, to be able to use skills to the best of their ability. Its the managers job to get the best out of the players and have them playing as a team. also, to motivate the team and individual players by honing in on tactics, strategies and having them wanting to play and them wanting the team to play as a team.

This is where its falling apart I think i.e. being able to tilt a game through tactics and strategy and being able to change in flight to leverage a play against the other teams strategy. We are staying the same and our opposition is changing their game against our system.

Forget the tactics. Good players don't need a head of section. They need a butler encouraging them to play their best football.

Jamie "I can't be arsed to look up so I'll wack it long regardless of who is up top" Mccalister?

Jordan I do think your being a little harsh regarsds these three. I know we all have our own opinion and are entitlled to show it but Marvin has'nt shown the form of his first year but he puts in some effort. Jamie Mac I think has put in a resonable shift considering what is asked of him and Bradley no one can dismiss his passion and honesty. But as I said we all have our opinions.

The Elliot comment is rubbish and the other comments are indicative of lack of ability not effort.

I'm afraid blaming the players is simply doing as GJ does.

If I was going to point the finger at a player, it would probably be Carey, as for me he doesn't show enough leadership (or at least that's how it looks).

Jordan I do think your being a little harsh regarsds these three. I know we all have our own opinion and are entitlled to show it but Marvin has'nt shown the form of his first year but he puts in some effort. Jamie Mac I think has put in a resonable shift considering what is asked of him and Bradley no one can dismiss his passion and honesty. But as I said we all have our opinions.

Harsh, yet fair.

I haven't seen much effort from Marvin for almost two seasons, When Marvin is kicking people and covering the pitch he's my favourite player at the club. The guy used to capture the spirit of the club... with his diminishing form, the fight of the players has also dropped.

I was just saying that these three players deserve as much stick as Gary gets. I agree Gary should leave, but so should these three as they're not good enough.

Bradley gets found out too often to merit a position in this team, I watched 30 minutes of todays game before having to go out and he was easily the worst player on the park, he lacks positional discipline, has no pace, can't head and his distribution is conference at best. Yes he's been a great servant for us, but there is no room for loyalty in football, If we want to progress then he must be replaced as fast as possible.

the least said of Macca the better. he is probably the main contributer to our attrocious football. we have arguably the most talented midfield in the division and he bypasses them at least 80% of the time to aimlessly punt the ball at Maynard or Haynes. (who can't head!)

I dont wanna slag them off, because all three have contributed over the last few years, But the fullbacks should have been left at their level... League 1.

Archived