IGNORED

Don't Take Your Eye Off The Ball Steve!

citytop22

Great to have in 3 or 4 years a new stadium, great to have Costa Rica playing in Bristol in 2018, but what about now!!!! A team playing possibly worse football than the Pulis era, a manager that has bought/loaned 12 players this season, played over 24 still dosen't know his best side or his best tactics, won 9 games in the last 40 (what other manager would keep his job with those stats?) and still you seem to support him.

I know you are a very sucessful businessman but would like to ask you the question if one of your fund managers had posted results like GJ would you keep him on?

Loyalty is admirable but I fail to see how you can still employ him, I trust???? you know about football, but poor results, falling attendances and increasing apathy towards the management is not the recipe for good business.

Remember Alan Dicks similar senerio, finally got city to the 1st division, ( all credit to GJ to get us out of league 1) but Harry Dolman should have got rid after the second season, but let him carry on, relegation followed and followed!

My message to you is dont let the new stadium plans affect your judgement now, relegation will be a disaster, get rid Monday, pay whatever to get the best available and if that means someone like Sven or Mark Hughes then go for it.

Great to have in 3 or 4 years a new stadium, great to have Costa Rica playing in Bristol in 2018, but what about now!!!! A team playing possibly worse football than the Pulis era, a manager that has bought/loaned 12 players this season, played over 24 still dosen't know his best side or his best tactics, won 9 games in the last 40 (what other manager would keep his job with those stats?) and still you seem to support him.

I know you are a very sucessful businessman but would like to ask you the question if one of your fund managers had posted results like GJ would you keep him on?

Loyalty is admirable but I fail to see how you can still employ him, I trust???? you know about football, but poor results, falling attendances and increasing apathy towards the management is not the recipe for good business.

Remember Alan Dicks similar senerio, finally got city to the 1st division, ( all credit to GJ to get us out of league 1) but Harry Dolman should have got rid after the second season, but let him carry on, relegation followed and followed!

My message to you is dont let the new stadium plans affect your judgement now, relegation will be a disaster, get rid Monday, pay whatever to get the best available and if that means someone like Sven or Mark Hughes then go for it.

I second this motion - If Lansdowne is in the slightest bit interested???

I think you might get your wish (well, part of it!) We may well have a new man picking the team on Tuesday.

Our shortfalls in our team selection / tactics are well known by our opponents. I found this out during a conversation with a guy who is / has been a scout for a number of professional clubs (and rovers) over many years. He explained where he thought our weaknesses were to me at the start of the season and TBH I didn't really take a lot of notice. But, looking back at the conversation now, he had it pretty much spot on.

I don't think these next 3 days are going to be dull!

I think you might get your wish (well, part of it!) We may well have a new man picking the team on Tuesday.

Our shortfalls in our team selection / tactics are well known by our opponents. I found this out during a conversation with a guy who is / has been a scout for a number of professional clubs (and rovers) over many years. He explained where he thought our weaknesses were to me at the start of the season and TBH I didn't really take a lot of notice. But, looking back at the conversation now, he had it pretty much spot on.

I don't think these next 3 days are going to be dull!

100% agree out out out do the right thing Steve L before it is to late.

Not a similar scenario at all! Our third season in the old Division 1 was actually Dicks's most successful as we finished 13th. Main on field reason for relegation was Norman Hunter jumping ship after this and the failure to replace him adequately.

Also by this time Alan Dicks had been manager for 12 years which included plenty of not particularly successful seasons. I also don't see how you can blame him for the relegations which followed after he left in 1980!! It actually had a lot more to do with poor decisions by the Board.

Not a similar scenario at all! Our third season in the old Division 1 was actually Dicks's most successful as we finished 13th. Main on field reason for relegation was Norman Hunter jumping ship after this and the failure to replace him adequately.

Also by this time Alan Dicks had been manager for 12 years which included plenty of not particularly successful seasons. I also don't see how you can blame him for the relegations which followed after he left in 1980!! It actually had a lot more to do with poor decisions by the Board.

Sorry, ok the third season then, but my point was that the board stayed loyal to Alan Dicks too long, a new manager with new ideas coming in after we had consilidated in the first division may have had better results? ( we will never know) Thus the same scenario could happen now if we keep the same regime.

Archived