IGNORED

Chris Iwelumo

vincent_bcfc

I thought he looked half decent, won a few headers especially in the first half which was a lot more than Agyemang did. He did have a few headers at goal but lacked power. I think if he got the service he would be an extremely good player for us ... Thats the problem though our midfield is getting worse by the game.

Well you gotta try! I thought that their centre back on loan from Arsenal Kyle Bartley was quality though. I think most strikers would have struggled against him and I reckon he'll go on to big things

Agree, and with Nosworthy alongside him, who's a good solid defender at CCC level, plus the poor service we generally provide our strikers, it was never going to be easy. However, I thought he looked OK - lot better than many of our numerous striker signings, decent first touch, couple of good quick passes which others failed to make the most of. Probably needs a few games, and hopefully alongside Maynard or haynes.

Ok, Gary has totally lost the plot now. I couldn't believe it when I say CI name on the team sheet. The guy is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen. Being Scottish I was horrified when I learnt he qualified to play in the dark blue. I was even more horrified, if not surprised, when he missed a sitter against Norway!! I've included the link for those who haven't seen it yet.

This signing does nothing but prove that we are desperate and will try anything! My mother would be a more effective signing! Signing forwards hasn't been Gary's strong point. I guess if you sign every striker that's alive then he'll strike it lucky at some point.

Why oh why did he not give Dele Adeblola his two year contract!!

Ok, Gary has totally lost the plot now. I couldn't believe it when I say CI name on the team sheet. The guy is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen. Being Scottish I was horrified when I learnt he qualified to play in the dark blue. I was even more horrified, if not surprised, when he missed a sitter against Norway!! I've included the link for those who haven't seen it yet.

This signing does nothing but prove that we are desperate and will try anything! My mother would be a more effective signing! Signing forwards hasn't been Gary's strong point. I guess if you sign every striker that's alive then he'll strike it lucky at some point.

Why oh why did he not give Dele Adeblola his two year contract!!

Simply not fair. I thought, given almost no supply, he gave glimpses of quality.

His record last year proves he is capable.

So people can honestly stand there and call him a ''donkey'' after he had more a less no service yesterday, some of our fans honestly do not have a clue.

He WILL score goals at this level (20 last year, goals for Charlton Colchester all at CCC level etc) but what people need to get there heads around is that our midfield is woeful at creating anything for our strikers to feed from . Its the same old crap that has been a problem ever since we came into this league, we simply do not create enough goal scoring oppurtunitys..

I swear me and plenty of other fans saw these GLARING problems months ago yet GJ failed to adress the midfield issues. Now he is just getting in any old striker and hoping by some miracle they will score. The only reason Maynard has scored a few this year is beacuse of his willingness to shot on site, how many of his goals were put on a plate for him?

It has got to the point were it just pisses me off even thinking about it protest.gif

People who weren't at the game dont even bother commenting saying he is rubbish cause you know fu** all.

I thought he did well. Won every header in the first half. Won most of them in the 2nd half, he did however have 2 men mark him in the 2nd half because he was a threat. Shame we had no one to take the touch off his headers. He will do well here.

So people can honestly stand there and call him a ''donkey'' after he had more a less no service yesterday, some of our fans honestly do not have a clue.

He WILL score goals at this level (20 last year, goals for Charlton Colchester all at CCC level etc) but what people need to get there heads around is that our midfield is woeful at creating anything for our strikers to feed from . Its the same old crap that has been a problem ever since we came into this league, we simply do not create enough goal scoring oppurtunitys..

I swear me and plenty of other fans saw these GLARING problems months ago yet GJ failed to adress the midfield issues. Now he is just getting in any old striker and hoping by some miracle they will score. The only reason Maynard has scored a few this year is beacuse of his willingness to shot on site, how many of his goals were put on a plate for him?

It has got to the point were it just pisses me off even thinking about it protest.gif

Agree to a large extent and also 'cynic's later post.

However, there have been games where the defence has worked well (not many but soome) especially when we have given the late equaliser when we have been leading by the odd goal due to a flash of brilliance from myanard. But the players that many rave about on here saying their are class players like hartley and sno just do not create enough opportunities for the front players. hartley's legs have gone and no pace and sno takes forever to decide what to do wth the ball.

The quality players are not doing it, which is why so many forwards have been tried and failed.

You have to have be solid and well organised at the back to be able to play more "open" football.

If the defence are deep it leaves a gap which the midfield have to fill, which means they are deep as well.

It all starts from the back, and we have no leadership or organisation at all in that respect - just four players playing their own games. The positioning of Orr and Carey lately has been lower league standard and they need to go back to basics.

For the first 20 minutes yesterday we were well organised and playing well, then the defence bottle it and decide to revert to type for the rest of the game - that's been the case for a long time. Nothing to do with forwards not being "clever" enough - Johnson has been looking at (and blaming) the wrong end of the pitch.

Sort out the defence and we'll be fine as we have midfielders and strikers more than good enough for this division. A good quality centre back who can organise and lead the defence is a must for next season - too late for this season now.

Thought Lewin struggled at LB yesterday, lumping it aimlessly forward and not agile enough to be a fullback against nippy forwards. Maybe move Fonts there and bring in Wilson on Tuesday ?

People who weren't at the game dont even bother commenting saying he is rubbish cause you know fu** all.

I thought he did well. Won every header in the first half. Won most of them in the 2nd half, he did however have 2 men mark him in the 2nd half because he was a threat. Shame we had no one to take the touch off his headers. He will do well here.

He only had two men marking him because they didn't need to mark our other forward disapointed2se.gif

The defence were so deep they could have all played in goal

There seemed to be no leader there just 4 indivdual players playing in a straight line just yards infront of goal.

This created a snowball affect on the rest of the team as the midfield are then too deep and hence this leaves the strikers isolated.

We have done it all season hence Maynards wonder goals.

The team from back to front really does look a shambolic mess

I really do believe that Johnson has lost most of those players out there the body language says it all, look at the players they look low on confidence they look confused they look like rabbits staring at the headlights sometimes.And worse of all they all look like their not enjoying playing for Johnson

This bunch of players are not a bad bunch of pros at all but Johnsons poor managment has turned them into a team that resemble a disorganised downs league team

We are in a shocking mess, many seen it coming a long time ago, just how the hell were going to get out this mess i really dont know but i firmly believe a managerless Bristol City would be a better option right now than have clueless Johnson relegate us.

Im sorry if this offends the Johnson fans but the writing was on the wall a while ago and those who never had their heads burried in the sand were screaming for his sacking only to be met with comments such as "WERE ONLY 6 POINTS OF PLAY OFFS"

What i say to those fans now is ... HOW MANY POINTS ARE WE FROM RELEGATION?

Enough said

The defence were so deep they could have all played in goal

There seemed to be no leader there just 4 indivdual players playing in a straight line just yards infront of goal.

This created a snowball affect on the rest of the team as the midfield are then too deep and hence this leaves the strikers isolated.

We have done it all season hence Maynards wonder goals.

The team from back to front really does look a shambolic mess

I really do believe that Johnson has lost most of those players out there the body language says it all, look at the players they look low on confidence they look confused they look like rabbits staring at the headlights sometimes.And worse of all they all look like their not enjoying playing for Johnson

This bunch of players are not a bad bunch of pros at all but Johnsons poor managment has turned them into a team that resemble a disorganised downs league team

We are in a shocking mess, many seen it coming a long time ago, just how the hell were going to get out this mess i really dont know but i firmly believe a managerless Bristol City would be a better option right now than have clueless Johnson relegate us.

Im sorry if this offends the Johnson fans but the writing was on the wall a while ago and those who never had their heads burried in the sand were screaming for his sacking only to be met with comments such as "WERE ONLY 6 POINTS OF PLAY OFFS"

What i say to those fans now is ... HOW MANY POINTS ARE WE FROM RELEGATION?

Enough said

More than 3.....

More than 3.....

Ask Palace fans how many points Bristol City should be off the relegation zone

By a freak of a decsion by a ref we are currently 5 points off.

Mr Galley if we escape the drop by a point or 2 im sure you will be one of the first to remember the Palace ref and quietly thank him.

You are arguing the obvious .YES WE ARE 5 POINTS OFF RELEGATION

My obvious point is .BY THE RULES OF THE FA AND INDEED FIFA WE SHOULD BE 3 POINTS OF RELEGATION

I think your an intelligent person and not thick ,so i can only assume your comments aimed at me is fuelled by the fact you want to argue for the sake of arguements sake

Mr Galley if we escape the drop by a point or 2 im sure you will be one of the first to remember the Palace ref and quietly thank him.

My obvious point is .BY THE RULES OF THE FA AND INDEED FIFA WE SHOULD BE 3 POINTS OF RELEGATION

I think your an intelligent person and not thick ,so i can only assume your comments aimed at me is fuelled by the fact you want to argue for the sake of arguements sake

We had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Palarse as well so the score should have been 2-1 not 1-0 or 1-1 as Palarse would argue. Anyway, Palarse have had 10 points deducted and still look set to overtake us !!! This to me shows that Warnock is a better and more consistent manager than Johnson.

As this thread is about Chris Iwelumo, I'd argue that it's a bloody good job that he's here and not at Reading because Reading have a better organised side and just lack decent goal scorers. We're now having to look over our shoulders at Reading because if they overtake us we're doomed. Nothing less than 3 points against Leicester tomorrow will do - a tall order because Leicester won 5-1 on Saturday. All in all we're better off with Chris Iwelumo than without him because he will score goals if given service.

So... not only are you now happy when we don't take points, (so you can moan, groan, be negative and get the knife out), you actually want us to lose points we already got!!

unbelievable!

You and Colin......makes I larf.

So... not only are you now happy when we don't take points, (so you can moan, groan, be negative and get the knife out), you actually want us to lose points we already got!!

unbelievable!

You and Colin......makes I larf.

you actually want us to lose points we already got!!

Not a very clever or well thought out comment is it?

FFS

It's bad enough when opposition fans keep on about the 'kin goal that never was, but what really p****s me off is when our own do as well. We, the players and officials all know the ball crossed the line, what part of the 'goal' was disallowed for an infringement don't you understand?

Give it a rest for christ sake. Most of us have lost confidence in GJ by now but trying to dredge up that decision to claim we are actually even closer to the relegation area is taking things way too far. As has already been mentioned, this is the CHRIS IWELUMO thread, so why do have to hijack yet another thread for even more GJ bashing

Archived